STAR TREK 2d20
Page 46 of 111 First ... 3644454647485696 ... Last
    One of my players uses - for his push to talk key and it creates interesting drama. However, it uncovered an interesting undocumented feature. If you enter a -7 in a characteristic in main, and then you correct it to 7, the action will have a current of characteristic of 14 instead of 7.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    One of my players uses - for his push to talk key and it creates interesting drama. However, it uncovered an interesting undocumented feature. If you enter a -7 in a characteristic in main, and then you correct it to 7, the action will have a current of characteristic of 14 instead of 7.
    FGC or FGU, as it's a generic number box (ie part of CoreRPG).
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    FGC or FGU, as it's a generic number box (ie part of CoreRPG).
    We are using FGU these days.

Hi
    1. Long-term Care and Treat Poison or Disease in Misc Actions, obtained from the Medic skill, has PSI costs 1 and reduces the END by 1 in the absence of PSI.
    2. Adding PSI on the Main page of the PCs does not add PSI on the Actions page until the FG reloads.
    Thanx
    3. Adding a PSI ability causes a bunch of bugs.
    fgu_logs_20210204.2.zip
    Last edited by Serg Barbeau; February 4th, 2021 at 10:58. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Serg Barbeau View Post
    Hi
    1. Long-term Care and Treat Poison or Disease in Misc Actions, obtained from the Medic skill, has PSI costs 1 and reduces the END by 1 in the absence of PSI.
    2. Adding PSI on the Main page of the PCs does not add PSI on the Actions page until the FG reloads.
    Thanx
    Hi Serg,

1. What version of FG and Traveller are you using? I fixed this earlier and tested now in v1.2.1 (out next Tuesday) and all is good.
    2. Same question about versions. I dragged an ability into the Skills tab, it added the Talent into the Skills Tab list, I then go to the Actions Tab and all the abilities for that Talent are shown.

If you can let me know those answers then I can check further and get things working for you.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Serg,

1. What version of FG and Traveller are you using? I fixed this earlier and tested now in v1.2.1 (out next Tuesday) and all is good.
    2. Same question about versions. I dragged an ability into the Skills tab, it added the Talent into the Skills Tab list, I then go to the Actions Tab and all the abilities for that Talent are shown.

If you can let me know those answers then I can check further and get things working for you.

Cheers,
    MBM
    1. Latest, as it is written 1.2.0а, FGU does not require an update.
    2. I drag an PSI ability to the Skills tab, and the corresponding skill is added to the Skills tab. Also, this ability is added to the Actions tab in PSI abilities, but an error pops up. Now I noticed that the ability that I was dragging is not being added. Dragged Assault, and added Read Surface Thoughts.
    All this also happens in the newly created game.
    Screenshot.JPG
    Last edited by Serg Barbeau; February 4th, 2021 at 11:46. Reason: update

2. I drag an PSI ability to the Skills tab, and the corresponding skill is added to the Skills tab. Also, this ability is added to the Actions tab in PSI abilities, but an error pops up. Now I noticed that the ability that I was dragging is not being added. Dragged Assault, and added Read Surface Thoughts.
    Screenshot.JPG
    Hi.

FGU using MGT2 1.2.0a and CoreRPG 3.3.12A.

I get the same error when dragging from the Psi Talents section of the Mongoose Traveller 2E - Players Reference.

When you add the psi talent to the skill list it generates the error. It adds the main skill (awareness, clairvoyance, etc.) to both skill and action, but it doesn't add the psionic sub-abilities (enhanced endurance, enhanced strength, etc.) to the action tab.

Also, a separate bug related to psionics.

If you use the options to add psi characteristics, it will add the characteristic to the main tab of the character sheet but not to the action tab. It requires a restart of the campaign for psi to show up in the action tab.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

FGU using MGT2 1.2.0a and CoreRPG 3.3.12A.

I get the same error when dragging from the Psi Talents section of the Mongoose Traveller 2E - Players Reference.

When you add the psi talent to the skill list it generates the error. It adds the main skill (awareness, clairvoyance, etc.) to both skill and action, but it doesn't add the psionic sub-abilities (enhanced endurance, enhanced strength, etc.) to the action tab.

Also, a separate bug related to psionics.

If you use the options to add psi characteristics, it will add the characteristic to the main tab of the character sheet but not to the action tab. It requires a restart of the campaign for psi to show up in the action tab.
    Hi Chap,

It's FGU, and it's Player Reference - I can check that. I was using the Sidebar PSI Abilities. I'll check that.

Regarding PSI not appearing, see if next week's v1.2.1 update addresses it, as I've just tested and it's behaving as I expected.

Cheers,
    MBM

Screenshot.JPG
    Hi Serg,

Found and fixed. I'll send this tonight so it's included in next weeks release (v1.2.1).

Here's the bug:

Code:
    DB.setValue(nodeAbility, "text", "formattedText", sAbilityText);
    And here's the fix:

Code:
    DB.setValue(nodeAbility, "text", "formattedtext", sAbilityText);
    Seems FGC doesn't mind, but FGU does!

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi Serg,

Found and fixed. I'll send this tonight so it's included in next weeks release (v1.2.1).

Here's the bug:

Code:
    DB.setValue(nodeAbility, "text", "formattedText", sAbilityText);
    And here's the fix:

Code:
    DB.setValue(nodeAbility, "text", "formattedtext", sAbilityText);
    Seems FGC doesn't mind, but FGU does!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ahh a good old syntax error Used to hate that crap when I programmed.

Xargun

Thread Information