DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 43 of 109 First ... 3341424344455393 ... Last
    I noticed something while using the SCT. Weapons that have radiation as a trait are showing the Ion trait in the chat room results. This is allowing a radiation weapon to negate the armor. I know the Ion weapons ignore armor and only disrupt Power resource points.
    And maybe I misunderstood what radiation weapons do? I thought they create normal damage with the armor soaking some (and also emitting 2d6*100 radiation where 500 rads are absorbed by standard hull composition and the rest absorbed by vacc suits and anti-rad pills)

So to sum it up
    1. Is this intentional to have a radiation trait weapon act like a Ion trait weapon?
    2. If a real Ion trait weapon is being used would it code damage to the hull rather than power points? (Knowing that power point management is tracked on paper and not in FGU)

Deej

Quote Originally Posted by deejaay1018 View Post
    I noticed something while using the SCT. Weapons that have radiation as a trait are showing the Ion trait in the chat room results. This is allowing a radiation weapon to negate the armor. I know the Ion weapons ignore armor and only disrupt Power resource points.
    And maybe I misunderstood what radiation weapons do? I thought they create normal damage with the armor soaking some (and also emitting 2d6*100 radiation where 500 rads are absorbed by standard hull composition and the rest absorbed by vacc suits and anti-rad pills)

So to sum it up
    1. Is this intentional to have a radiation trait weapon act like a Ion trait weapon?
    2. If a real Ion trait weapon is being used would it code damage to the hull rather than power points? (Knowing that power point management is tracked on paper and not in FGU)

Deej
    Hi Deej,

Thanks for reporting this.

Radiation is not the same as Ion, and they shouldn't be reporting wrongly. I'll check that and address it.

Radiation will damage a ships hull and do damage inside to the players/crew. See Core Rulebook Page 75. So for example:

A ship fires a Fusion Barbette at the players ship. The Hull takes 5D6 damage, inside the players may also receive radiation damage. A normal ships hull reduces this by 500 points of rad, and a Radiation Shielded hull will reduce the rads by 1000.

So in a normal ship after that Fusion Barbette has hit the ship, inside the players would take 2D6 x 20, for example 7 x 20 = 140 multiplied by 5 (Spacecraft Scale weapons). That 140 now becomes 700, the Hull removes 500 leaving 200 for the players to absorb. Luckily for the players they had been wearing their Tech Lvl 12 Vacc Suits and that protected them by a further 90 rads leaving each to take 110 in damage.... which means (Page 77 Core rulebook) they each take 1D6 damage and are -1 to all rolls until the Doc hits them up with their Anti-Rad for the day.... back down to 10 rads taken. Radiation is deadly and it's very hard to fully automate.

We'll get to Power Points management once we have Damage/Shields all addressed, as that's the next interesting part of controlling a ship.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

MBM worth noting the simplified way of calculating rads effect on ship in High Guard for npc ships. I believe it is just -1 penalty per 10% Hull hits from råd weapons or similar. Much easier to program! (You probably already have but just in case...)

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    MBM worth noting the simplified way of calculating rads effect on ship in High Guard for npc ships. I believe it is just -1 penalty per 10% Hull hits from råd weapons or similar. Much easier to program! (You probably already have but just in case...)
    That system is mostly for ships with lots of crew, I prefer to see Travellers hurt that way they learn!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Psi powers and talents seem to not be functioning properly

First my heartfelt thanks to all those working on these rpg products.

Have a character creation session on for this Monday. So as the GM I thought to create a few characters to be more familiar with the process. I am implementing a Psionic filled setting.

The trouble is I am unable to add the Psionics talents or powers properly.

Rpg system: Traveller Mongoose 2e core ruleset 1.2.0.a
    FG Unity: v4.0.6 (2020-12-23).

• I have not found where to grab the Psionic Talents into the character sheet.
    • In library I have switched on the icons to show all.
    • Also turned on the "Use PSI Characteristic" in options.

After that, I did manage to do the following.
    1. I opened the "Psi power - Inspiration", grabbed it and tried to place it into the actions tab of the character sheet but it would not go in or show up in the action tab area.

2. I then grabbed the same "Psi power - Inspiration", and put into the skills tab of the character sheet. It did go in but then changed to the Psi "Talent - Awareness" and gave me the error message seen below.

3. Then went to check the actions tab and it says the character has the "Psi power - Regeneration" in the action tab.

4. I do have the log file saved if needed.

My thanks in advance for any help and I do very much appreciate all the good work that has been done to make all these products come to life for us rpgers. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmforlife; January 3rd, 2021 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by gmforlife View Post
    First my heartfelt thanks to all those working on these rpg products.

Have a character creation session on for this Monday. So as the GM I thought to create a few characters to be more familiar with the process. I am implementing a Psionic filled setting.

The trouble is I am unable to add the Psionics talents or powers properly.

Rpg system: Traveller Mongoose 2e core ruleset 1.2.0.a
    FG Unity: v4.0.6 (2020-12-23).

• I have not found where to grab the Psionic Talents into the character sheet.
    • In library I have switched on the icons to show all.
    • Also turned on the "Use PSI Characteristic" in options.

After that, I did manage to do the following.
    1. I opened the "Psi power - Inspiration", grabbed it and tried to place it into the actions tab of the character sheet but it would not go in or show up in the action tab area.

2. I then grabbed the same "Psi power - Inspiration", and put into the skills tab of the character sheet. It did go in but then changed to the Psi "Talent - Awareness" and gave me the error message seen below.

3. Then went to check the actions tab and it says the character has the "Psi power - Regeneration" in the action tab.

4. I do have the log file saved if needed.

My thanks in advance for any help and I do very much appreciate all the good work that has been done to make all these products come to life for us rpgers. Cheers.
    Hey Gmforlife.

First thanks for finding the time to post this, I'll double-check these tomorrow post work (that's in around 18 hours).

PSI Talents are in the Reference Manual of the Library, but adding a PSI Ability will add that PSI Talent - you drag it into the Skills Tab, so that is correct, and it then adds all the abilities under that Talent to the Actions Tab. It sounds like something isn't right, so leave it with me and i'll see what's up.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hey Gmforlife.

First thanks for finding the time to post this, I'll double-check these tomorrow post work (that's in around 18 hours).

PSI Talents are in the Reference Manual of the Library, but adding a PSI Ability will add that PSI Talent - you drag it into the Skills Tab, so that is correct, and it then adds all the abilities under that Talent to the Actions Tab. It sounds like something isn't right, so leave it with me and i'll see what's up.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hello again MBM,

My thanks indeed for you looking into this issue, it is much appreciated. Will have a go at adding the Psi abilities again (as instructed above) and see what happens. Cheers for all the good work you are doing. Have a good one.

Added the Psi talent as directed

Hey again MBM,

Just wanted to see if anything different would happen following the direction to do the following: "PSI Talents are in the Reference Manual of the Library, but adding a PSI Ability will add that PSI Talent - you drag it into the Skills Tab, so that is correct, and it then adds all the abilities under that Talent to the Actions Tab."

Hopefully this might help out a bit more.

So still a no go -

1) Found the Psionic talents in the reference manual.

2) Added in the Awareness talent into the skills area.

3) It did go in as pic shows but got the error message.

4) Only the regeneration Psi skill popped up in the Actions area.

Decided to test with different Psi talent. I grabbed the Telekinsis talent, did it the same way as above. And got error message with only Microkinesis showing in the Actions area.

Cheers for going to check this issue out. Hope this helps. Cheers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

When I copy a ship in the PCSpacecraft I can no longer edit it - the editing buttons disappear. Is this supposed to happen?

Xargun

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    When I copy a ship in the PCSpacecraft I can no longer edit it - the editing buttons disappear. Is this supposed to happen?

Xargun
    What do you mean 'copy' and have you closed the ship down and re-opened it?

Thread Information