DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 42 of 111 First ... 3240414243445292 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi MrWigggles,

I've checked this and 'Life Events' (Core Rulebook) is rolling 2d6.

Can you give more information please, which Life Events from what book etc.

Thanks,
    MBM
    On further examination, that was on me. I changed it and just forgot because I'm a dumbass. Though thank you for your due dilligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Xargun View Post
    V1.2.0a
    When you make a new NPC the ability to add actions does not show up until you lock the NPC sheet and then unlock it again. Nothing big, just a little nuisance.

Xargun
    It's ok, thanks for letting know know I'll solve it, been working on streamliing a few things and so NPC's will be one of them.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MrWigggles View Post
    On further examination, that was on me. I changed it and just forgot because I'm a dumbass. Though thank you for your due dilligence.
    No apology needed. But thanks for letting me know I'll remove this from my list of things 'to keep an eye on'

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hello,

Traveller Session 0 completed and the players are loving it so far... Like really love it (all hardcore D&D nerds). I am impressed with the work and look and I have purchased all the available core products and a couple of adventures.

1/ Is there a how-to-use the Traveller interface video out there somewhere, my google-fu comes up with the only one, which is more of a 'tour around' the interface - over here is where the Player Characters are, and over here you will find images, etc? I am specifically confused about the Boon/Bane buttons in the bottom left-hand corner of the main interface. I can't seem to get them to do anything, so I must be using them incorrectly. For instance, I wish to BOON a 2d6 roll, I depress the Boon button first, it changes state (depressed?) and then I toss my 2d6 - nothing, a normal 2d6 roll.

Current, workaround is to create dice macros for all of the rolls so as to speed up game play - single click and the roll is made.

2/ Task Diff. (difficulty) buttons are just for players to see what the GM set difficulty is (display the DC) for a roll or does it do something else?

Quibbles
    1/ When a character dons cloth armour from the Central Supply Catalog and then equips it, the display below inventory causes a brown background bar to appear in the place of the armour name (I can make out black lettering on this dark brown bar which I think is the item description Cloth (TL10)) is there an update to fix this bug coming?

2/ When you click on the illustration of the Cloth armour (any tech level) the displayed art appears to be missing the upper part of the forehead.

Thank you for your attention.

youtube seth skorkowsy's traveller breakdown
    he steps through each major section over about 8 videos. also has review of modules
    we're just starting BT-SHT 365 ;-)

youtube seth skorkowsy's traveller breakdown
    he steps through each major section over about 8 videos. also has review of modules
    we're just starting BT-SHT 365 ;-)
    Thank you, I think that you misunderstood my request. I don't need to know HOW to PLAY Traveller, rather the functionality of the FGU Traveller interface. Seth does a wonderful job of getting the basics of Traveller out to those who have never played before. Thank you for viewing and answering nonetheless.

My question does remain: Is there a video that explains how to use the functionality of the FGU Tabletop interface for Traveller? What am I missing when I try to get a BOON or BAIN to work for me. Or even a concise how-to-use the interface wiki?

OR

If you know how to make the BOON and BAIN buttons work, please DM me.

Thank-you again.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    Hello,

Traveller Session 0 completed and the players are loving it so far... Like really love it (all hardcore D&D nerds). I am impressed with the work and look and I have purchased all the available core products and a couple of adventures.

1/ Is there a how-to-use the Traveller interface video out there somewhere, my google-fu comes up with the only one, which is more of a 'tour around' the interface - over here is where the Player Characters are, and over here you will find images, etc? I am specifically confused about the Boon/Bane buttons in the bottom left-hand corner of the main interface. I can't seem to get them to do anything, so I must be using them incorrectly. For instance, I wish to BOON a 2d6 roll, I depress the Boon button first, it changes state (depressed?) and then I toss my 2d6 - nothing, a normal 2d6 roll.

Current, workaround is to create dice macros for all of the rolls so as to speed up game play - single click and the roll is made.

2/ Task Diff. (difficulty) buttons are just for players to see what the GM set difficulty is (display the DC) for a roll or does it do something else?

Quibbles
    1/ When a character dons cloth armour from the Central Supply Catalog and then equips it, the display below inventory causes a brown background bar to appear in the place of the armour name (I can make out black lettering on this dark brown bar which I think is the item description Cloth (TL10)) is there an update to fix this bug coming?

2/ When you click on the illustration of the Cloth armour (any tech level) the displayed art appears to be missing the upper part of the forehead.

Thank you for your attention.
    Hi ThatsSoNoc,

1. Not that I know of and I really don't have the time to do then as things are changing too often making them out of date. I've tested in FGU and it seems the Desktop Dice don't work with BOON/BANE (works in FGC). But in FGU, if you click BOON and then roll a skill, the extra dice does get rolled.
    2. Task Difficulty buttons on players screens are there to allow them to modify the TD (this was asked by the players for me to allow that)

Quibbles
    1. Can you share a screen shot please, as I've tested in FGU and there's no brown box
    2. Good find, never noticed that, I'll get that addressed.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi ThatsSoNoc,

1. Not that I know of and I really don't have the time to do then as things are changing too often making them out of date. I've tested in FGU and it seems the Desktop Dice don't work with BOON/BANE (works in FGC). But in FGU, if you click BOON and then roll a skill, the extra dice does get rolled.
    2. Task Difficulty buttons on players screens are there to allow them to modify the TD (this was asked by the players for me to allow that)

Quibbles
    1. Can you share a screen shot please, as I've tested in FGU and there's no brown box
    2. Good find, never noticed that, I'll get that addressed.
    1/ Okay, seems fair. Was hoping that the 'community' had already done so. I don't want to take away your precious time. Do you mind an impertinent question? How many persons are dedicated to the Fantasy Ground Traveller conversion team?
    2/ Ah, okay it's a visual aid for players. Thank-you I was worried that I wasn't understanding how they interacted with the interface. They don't

Quibbles
    1/ Of course now that you have asked, and I have shut down FGU and reopened it to take the requested screenshot the said brown bar has disappeared :/ I will message again and this time take a screenshot if it rears its ugly head - though I suspect not.
    2/ You are welcome.

Hi again,

1. We have myself, I do most conversions and all the coding. We have LordNanoc he does some adventure conversions and most of the testing and recently we've got another to help with the bigger conversions. But also a few here on the community that are great, Esmdev, BackwardOracle to name a few. We all work full-time jobs and so time is limited.
    2. Players and GM can set the TN, it's just easier when I say 'That's an Astrogation roll, Difficulty Easy' and they set the TN whilst I continue to read.

Quibbles
    1. Please do, it's something unheard of!
    2. I've updated CSC and sent it over, it'll be part of the Tuesday update.

Cheers,
    MBM

1. We have myself, I do most conversions and all the coding. We have LordNanoc he does some adventure conversions and most of the testing and recently we've got another to help with the bigger conversions. But also a few here on the community that are great, Esmdev, BackwardOracle to name a few. We all work full-time jobs and so time is limited.
    2. Players and GM can set the TN, it's just easier when I say 'That's an Astrogation roll, Difficulty Easy' and they set the TN whilst I continue to read.
    1/ Ah, that is unexpected. I had assumed that it might be a MUCH bigger team. I am very impressed with your production given the restraints upon you. I own the original series (T1) deluxe box set and extra little black books (totalling 18) plus Striker and Azhanti High Lightning expansions. If there's a desire to see some of this converted to FG mods let me know.
    2/ Thank you for the explanation, I appreciate the dedication.

Thread Information