DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 41 of 110 First ... 3139404142435191 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MrWigggles View Post
    The Life Event Table table is rolling 1d6 1d60 instead of 2d6.
    Hi MrWigggles,

I've checked this and 'Life Events' (Core Rulebook) is rolling 2d6.

Can you give more information please, which Life Events from what book etc.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi,
    Sorry if this has been already reported, I cant found it.
    When I perform a double click on a skill of the Skill section of an NPC I get the error message
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:1145: attempt to index local 'nodeRacialTraits' (a nil value)
    Am i doing something wrong? I have tried to create a new NPC from scratch but I don't know how to fill this.

Regards

Handler Error/Script Execution Error (more likely user error)

Hello,

I can't see this one currently reported, but I might have missed it cause 'reasons'.....

I am getting the following log error when creating new craft - when locking or unlocking the card:

Handler error:[string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

error captue2.PNG

I don't think I have missed anything out but the screenshots should give people an idea of how much of an idiot I have managed to be today

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

hey iam geting same iam not able to use skills from my NPC :-( lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomhippy View Post
    hey iam geting same iam not able to use skills from my NPC :-( lol :-)
    Fixed. It was checking for Aslan/Vargr racial traits that not all NPC's have.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi MBM, loving your work.

I've got a player with psionics and we've adopted the Healing talent from Compendium 1 (MGT1) book. I thought 'hooray, I can add that using Create Item'. I did, and at first it seemed to work. I created a Triage ability and assigned it to a Psionic Healing talent. When I added the ability to the character sheet (by dragging it to the skills tab) the Psionic Healing talent appeared on the Skills tab the Triage ability got added to the Actions tab of the character sheet. Excellent. However there were problems.

Using Create Item in PSI Abilities shows "New Career" in the title of the new window and not new PSI ability. That can be overwritten, and the text, check, reach and PSI cost all seem to work.

After adding the new ability to the character sheet when I try to it to read about it (clicking the little JTAS hex) I get an empty window pop up (title correctly shows Triage, but the other sections are all empty) and as the empty window opens the following errors slide out from the left:
    "[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (text) in control (text) in class (ref_psionic_stats)"
    "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref_psionic_stats"]:10: attempt to index global 'text' (a nil value)

I've also been poking and prodding the ship combat tracker with the High Guard book loaded. When I add a couple of ships to the Ship Combat Tracker, target one and shoot at it, no damage is added to the Damage cell, and/or no hull points are removed from the targetted/hit ship. Am I missing something? It also doesn't seem to take armour into account when showing the results of the hit (e.g. a patrol corvette hitting an asteroid ship has a 11 attack, which will give +3 damage. When damage is rolled, the +3 damage from the effect is shown, but no "-4 for armour" is applied to the points apparently done.

Lastly, one I've mentioned before I think (apologies if not) that when I create my own ship and go to change locked/unlocked if I want to edit it, I get:
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in TopLeft."
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in Left."
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in BottomLeft."
    "[WARNING] Could not load script file (MGT2) (spacecraft_main) (/ref/scripts/spacecraft_main.lua)"
    "Handler error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)"
    "[ERROR] Script execution error:[string "spacecraft"]17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)"

When that error appears (and it appears for both unlocking and locking the ship) the editability of the ship does not change untll you close and open the ship again. For example, if I unlock the ship to edit it, the ship is not editable even though the lock icon shows it as unlocked. If I close it and open it again, it can now be edited. Similarly, if the ship is unlocked and I lock it, i get the errors and the ship appears to be editable but if I close the ship and open it again it's locked.

This is all happening in Unity and with version 1.2.0a of the ruleset.

Thanks for taking the time to close out little hassles like this. I really appreciate having an active author for these rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthea View Post
    Hi MBM, loving your work.

I've got a player with psionics and we've adopted the Healing talent from Compendium 1 (MGT1) book. I thought 'hooray, I can add that using Create Item'. I did, and at first it seemed to work. I created a Triage ability and assigned it to a Psionic Healing talent. When I added the ability to the character sheet (by dragging it to the skills tab) the Psionic Healing talent appeared on the Skills tab the Triage ability got added to the Actions tab of the character sheet. Excellent. However there were problems.

Using Create Item in PSI Abilities shows "New Career" in the title of the new window and not new PSI ability. That can be overwritten, and the text, check, reach and PSI cost all seem to work.

After adding the new ability to the character sheet when I try to it to read about it (clicking the little JTAS hex) I get an empty window pop up (title correctly shows Triage, but the other sections are all empty) and as the empty window opens the following errors slide out from the left:
    "[ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (text) in control (text) in class (ref_psionic_stats)"
    "[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref_psionic_stats"]:10: attempt to index global 'text' (a nil value)

I've also been poking and prodding the ship combat tracker with the High Guard book loaded. When I add a couple of ships to the Ship Combat Tracker, target one and shoot at it, no damage is added to the Damage cell, and/or no hull points are removed from the targetted/hit ship. Am I missing something? It also doesn't seem to take armour into account when showing the results of the hit (e.g. a patrol corvette hitting an asteroid ship has a 11 attack, which will give +3 damage. When damage is rolled, the +3 damage from the effect is shown, but no "-4 for armour" is applied to the points apparently done.

Lastly, one I've mentioned before I think (apologies if not) that when I create my own ship and go to change locked/unlocked if I want to edit it, I get:
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in TopLeft."
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in Left."
    "[WARNING] Frame tabs contain out-of-range values in BottomLeft."
    "[WARNING] Could not load script file (MGT2) (spacecraft_main) (/ref/scripts/spacecraft_main.lua)"
    "Handler error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)"
    "[ERROR] Script execution error:[string "spacecraft"]17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)"

When that error appears (and it appears for both unlocking and locking the ship) the editability of the ship does not change untll you close and open the ship again. For example, if I unlock the ship to edit it, the ship is not editable even though the lock icon shows it as unlocked. If I close it and open it again, it can now be edited. Similarly, if the ship is unlocked and I lock it, i get the errors and the ship appears to be editable but if I close the ship and open it again it's locked.

This is all happening in Unity and with version 1.2.0a of the ruleset.

Thanks for taking the time to close out little hassles like this. I really appreciate having an active author for these rules.

Morning Kulthea,

I've cleared the 'dev' work needed for the next update so I'm going through bugs and things, so the PSI issues are being looked into.

The ship issues have been sorted (I hope) so the one you mention sbould already be fixed so I'll make sure tonight.

Thanks,
    MBM

Fantastic as always MBM

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthea View Post
    Fantastic as always MBM
    Btw the PSI error is just with FGU, it doesn't error with FGC.

I know what the problem is though, so I'll update it tonight.

Cheers,
    MBM

V1.2.0a
    When you make a new NPC the ability to add actions does not show up until you lock the NPC sheet and then unlock it again. Nothing big, just a little nuisance.

Xargun

Thread Information