FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 38 of 109 First ... 2836373839404888 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hey MBM, was doing some testing this morning and noticed that the tables related to character generation cannot be seen from the player module, it is only in the GM manual which is only so-so useful.
    Morning,

Well I might add the Character Tables for both GM/Player in one module. How does that sound?

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

While creating a character, I noticed that the Characteristic Score Dice Modifier for a base score of 9 incorrectly displays a 0. It should according to rule be a +1 (9-11 +1) I can not seem to edit this myself.

EDIT: It appears when I entered another phase in my career and updated a different Characteristic the one I had a problem with also updated to the correct modifier (strange).
    Last edited by ThatsSoNoc; December 1st, 2020 at 11:00.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    While creating a character, I noticed that the Characteristic Score Dice Modifier for a base score of 9 incorrectly displays a 0. It should according to rule be a +1 (9-11 +1) I can not seem to edit this myself.

EDIT: It appears when I entered another phase in my career and updated a different Characteristic the one I had a problem with also updated to the correct modifier (strange).
    Hi,

It's not strange, the modifier is only calculated once you 'leave' the Characteristic box.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Morning,

Well I might add the Character Tables for both GM/Player in one module. How does that sound?

Cheers,
    MBM
    A single, standalone module for character building would make alot of sense. It would be loaded when needed, unloaded otherwise. A single place to keep updated vs having to update both the players and referee's modules - lowers maintence work.

I would suggest the same for Equipment etc.,

I don't mind the idea of having 10-12 small modules per product, with the understanding that I would have to tell it to load if I want them, but, it also solves a number of other issues - smaller modules are easier to test/review/produce/update/maintain. Smaller modules allows the referee to remove duplicate items that are defined in multiple products. It also lessens downloads, as a simple text correction does not require a full redownload of the entire product, only the affected modules.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton Calford View Post
    A single, standalone module for character building would make alot of sense. It would be loaded when needed, unloaded otherwise. A single place to keep updated vs having to update both the players and referee's modules - lowers maintence work.

I would suggest the same for Equipment etc.,

I don't mind the idea of having 10-12 small modules per product, with the understanding that I would have to tell it to load if I want them, but, it also solves a number of other issues - smaller modules are easier to test/review/produce/update/maintain. Smaller modules allows the referee to remove duplicate items that are defined in multiple products. It also lessens downloads, as a simple text correction does not require a full redownload of the entire product, only the affected modules.
    Hi,

I also simply do not have the time to create more and more modules especially for equipment, CSC almost killed me.

Anyway ask FG to make sure that if two items are identical only show one, as this is the same for DnD etc.

But regarding Character Tables I am going to see if I can link one module into another when I build one.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi,

I also simply do not have the time to create more and more modules especially for equipment, CSC almost killed me.

Anyway ask FG to make sure that if two items are identical only show one, as this is the same for DnD etc.

But regarding Character Tables I am going to see if I can link one module into another when I build one.

Cheers,
    MBM
    No worries, I was more suggesting for new modules going forward. Going back and redoing older packages would not be worth the effort unless a rewrite/re-release is done.

When unlocking a spacecraft for editing, I get this error and I'm able to continue editing the sheet:
    [12/1/2020 6:43:45 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MGT2) (spacecraft_main) (/ref/scripts/spacecraft_main.lua)
    [12/1/2020 6:43:45 PM] s'hllo'
    [12/1/2020 6:47:36 PM] Handler error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    [12/1/2020 6:47:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

When trying to index turns on the SCT, the SCT does not function at all for me:
    [12/1/2020 6:58:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: attempt to compare two userdata values

When adding/removing items from the SCT, I get this error:
    [12/1/2020 7:07:19 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_shipentry.lua"]:106: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)

Quote Originally Posted by Calamaxes View Post
    When unlocking a spacecraft for editing, I get this error and I'm able to continue editing the sheet:
    [12/1/2020 6:43:45 PM] [WARNING] Could not load script file (MGT2) (spacecraft_main) (/ref/scripts/spacecraft_main.lua)
    [12/1/2020 6:43:45 PM] s'hllo'
    [12/1/2020 6:47:36 PM] Handler error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)
    [12/1/2020 6:47:36 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "spacecraft"]:17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)

When trying to index turns on the SCT, the SCT does not function at all for me:
    [12/1/2020 6:58:38 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: attempt to compare two userdata values

When adding/removing items from the SCT, I get this error:
    [12/1/2020 7:07:19 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_shipentry.lua"]:106: attempt to index global 'windowlist' (a nil value)
    Hi there,

What version of FG are you using FGC or FGU?

Next, what does it show when you open up FG which version of Mongoose 2E and CoreRPG.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi there,

What version of FG are you using FGC or FGU?

Next, what does it show when you open up FG which version of Mongoose 2E and CoreRPG.

Cheers,
    MBM
    I'm using FGU. Here are the versions:

[12/2/2020 1:06:34 PM] FGU: v4.0.3 ULTIMATE (2020-11-25)
    [12/2/2020 1:08:26 PM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.1.6 for Fantasy Grounds
    [12/2/2020 1:08:26 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12A for Fantasy Grounds

Quote Originally Posted by Calamaxes View Post
    I'm using FGU. Here are the versions:

[12/2/2020 1:06:34 PM] FGU: v4.0.3 ULTIMATE (2020-11-25)
    [12/2/2020 1:08:26 PM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.1.6 for Fantasy Grounds
    [12/2/2020 1:08:26 PM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset v3.3.12A for Fantasy Grounds
    Thanks, I'll get this tested for you tomorrow and get them fixed asap for next weeks updates.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information