DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 24 of 111 First ... 1422232425263474 ... Last
    Hi,

Just moved over to the new Ruleset (from 1E) and setting up a new campaign. While adding the characters I found two issues, one of which is definitely a bug and the other I'm wondering if I am just not doing something right.

1.) For the MGT2 Central Supply Catalog, the Repeating Crossbow for the Skill used says - "Gun Combat (archaic))" so it's not accepting the character's skill in that area (because of the 2nd closing parenthesis). I created a new item with the correct skill which works, but...
    2.) For the repeating crossbow and my modified repeating crossbow I can't see a way to get the "Ammo" field in the Actions tab. I put in that there's a magazine but there is not an ammo tracker like for the slug weapons. I even tried changing the weapon type to slug just to make it work but still no good. Am I doing something wrong or do Archaic Weapons not support the Ammo counter?

Thanks for all your work on this. So far loving the new Ruleset!

-Chesire

Hi MBM,

Played game tonight, bug I think. One of the character suffered (-3 Armour) penalty to 'all' skill check if wearing Vacc suit (TL12) and Cloth (TL12) - they are not encumbered. Penalty disappears if they unequip armour. Both items come from CSC.

Thanks.

R.

Quote Originally Posted by rcruk View Post
    Hi MBM,

Played game tonight, bug I think. One of the character suffered (-3 Armour) penalty to 'all' skill check if wearing Vacc suit (TL12) and Cloth (TL12) - they are not encumbered. Penalty disappears if they unequip armour. Both items come from CSC.

Thanks.

R.
    Morning.

And what was the Vacc Suit skill of the character wearing the Vacc Suit? Cloth shouldn't have a modifier as there's no skill required wearing it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by chesire View Post
    Hi,

Just moved over to the new Ruleset (from 1E) and setting up a new campaign. While adding the characters I found two issues, one of which is definitely a bug and the other I'm wondering if I am just not doing something right.

1.) For the MGT2 Central Supply Catalog, the Repeating Crossbow for the Skill used says - "Gun Combat (archaic))" so it's not accepting the character's skill in that area (because of the 2nd closing parenthesis). I created a new item with the correct skill which works, but...
    2.) For the repeating crossbow and my modified repeating crossbow I can't see a way to get the "Ammo" field in the Actions tab. I put in that there's a magazine but there is not an ammo tracker like for the slug weapons. I even tried changing the weapon type to slug just to make it work but still no good. Am I doing something wrong or do Archaic Weapons not support the Ammo counter?

Thanks for all your work on this. So far loving the new Ruleset!

-Chesire
    Hi Chesire,

Thanks for finding the extra bracket.

Archaic Weapons don't support ammo, but let me look at how I can override for Crossbows.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Morning.

And what was the Vacc Suit skill of the character wearing the Vacc Suit? Cloth shouldn't have a modifier as there's no skill required wearing it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ah thanks for the lightning response MBM, that’s what was causing it! However the penalty is being applied to mental skills which is why we noticed it as unusual there was an armour penalty - the character was rolling for Admin... Should it not effect only physical skills?

R.

Ah thanks for the lightning response MBM, that’s what was causing it! However the penalty is being applied to mental skills which is why we noticed it as unusual there was an armour penalty - the character was rolling for Admin... Should it not effect only physical skills?

R.
    Hi there,

Yes, the penalty applies to all skills. I spoke with Matt @ Mongoose and he said (something like) "You ever worn something that didn't fit properly, you keep thinking about it and it puts you off all things".

So in short, yes every roll.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi there,

Yes, the penalty applies to all skills. I spoke with Matt @ Mongoose and he said (something like) "You ever worn something that didn't fit properly, you keep thinking about it and it puts you off all things".

So in short, yes every roll.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Haha, right okay. I can go with that. Easy enough to slip your vacc suit off and back on again if you need to fill out some particularly challenging paperwork

I know you’ve likely a to do list as long as anything but did you have any luck with the encumbrance penalty not applying to physical skill DMs?

Thanks again!

R.

I am entering our PCs into the fantasygrounds unity mod getting a bug on the character sheets.

When I try to add a Psionic power skill, any weapon, misc. action or Psi Ability (all under actions) the "+" icon (which lets you add new elements) is not showing up when I click the "edit" button.

Any idea?

Haha, right okay. I can go with that. Easy enough to slip your vacc suit off and back on again if you need to fill out some particularly challenging paperwork

I know you’ve likely a to do list as long as anything but did you have any luck with the encumbrance penalty not applying to physical skill DMs?

Thanks again!

R.
    Hi Rcruk,

Yes, it'll be fixed in the next version coming soon.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    I am entering our PCs into the fantasygrounds unity mod getting a bug on the character sheets.

When I try to add a Psionic power skill, any weapon, misc. action or Psi Ability (all under actions) the "+" icon (which lets you add new elements) is not showing up when I click the "edit" button.

Any idea?
    Hi Adzling,

Actions are added automatically when you add weapons/psi talents/skills.

Right-clicking on the headers may give you an add option, but the edit buttons don't show a +, are you assuming it does because of another ruleset? I could look at adding it.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information