DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 110 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by kabend View Post
    Hi All,
    This is not clearly stated (or I missed something?) but the drag & drop issues mentioned before are regressions due to 1.1.1 (FGC) : I was able to create NPC with drag & drop before (1.1.0a), now the same thing is broken : When dragging a weapon, an empty line appears in the NPC sheet. When dragging an armour, no armour is added but an empty weapon appears instead. Not critical but annoying. I played a session with 1.1.1 last Friday and didn't notice more than that (but I use very few different features when playing, a lot more when preparing the game, so maybe I missed something else)
    Hi kabend,

Yep, something broken there. I've not changed anything with those drag and drop, though code is shared as much as possible. Let me get this fixed and added to v1.1.2.

Thanks for reporting this!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi MadBeardMan. I picked up the Central Supply Catalogue so I'm very happy. Thanks for doing all the work to get it up on FG.

Playing around with some of the goodies I noticed a few issues though:

- The 1DD damage (1d6x10) on weapons like the Plasma Rifle is still being interpreted as 1d6. Similarly 2DD is interpreted as 2d6 not 2d6x10.

- When equipping Heavy Weapons (e.g. FGMP-15 or Flamethrower) they go into the inventory just fine, but don't show up on the Actions tab, so can't be used in combat. In fact looks like none of the man-portable weaponry (CSC pp 123-125) appear on the Actions tab.

- Subdermal armour does reduce damage, but doesn't appear on the Main tab under armour. I think it probably should but no biggie.

- Items such as the Medikit don't add to the First Aid bonus (e.g. Medikit TL14 gives a +3 to First Aid) but it's not reflected on the Misc Actions section of the Actions tab.

- I cannot assign armour that I have created (e.g. Ancient Pressure Suit from Secrets of the Ancients) to an NPC.

- The modifications for Powered Armour (CSC pp27-28) and Battle Dress (CSC pp36-38) don't seem to be in the Items at all, and cannot therefore be added to equipment. (It feels a bit like it needs to be a new selection in the Library - Armour - and set up a little like Vehicles????)

- For spacecraft that are created by the GM, when you click on Locked / Unlocked icon/button there is an error message that appears (ERROR: Script execution error: [string ":reference spacecraft" 17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)" - or something like that. If you clicking to unlock it doesn't unlock the spacecraft but if you close it and open it again it's now in the unlocked state. Same the other way around, so if you are locking the spacecraft it doesn't lock it but if you close and open it's in the locked state.

- Battle Dress, when equipped, still adds the weight to the encumbrance (so 100kg battle dress should weigh 0kg when worn for the purposes of encumbrance).

- Battle Dress also does not increase the STR or DEX of the person wearing it. This does not add to the stats for damage but should add to attack and damage rolls, and fir encumbrance.

I hope they're all pretty simple to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthea View Post
    Hi MadBeardMan. I picked up the Central Supply Catalogue so I'm very happy. Thanks for doing all the work to get it up on FG.

Playing around with some of the goodies I noticed a few issues though:

- The 1DD damage (1d6x10) on weapons like the Plasma Rifle is still being interpreted as 1d6. Similarly 2DD is interpreted as 2d6 not 2d6x10.

- When equipping Heavy Weapons (e.g. FGMP-15 or Flamethrower) they go into the inventory just fine, but don't show up on the Actions tab, so can't be used in combat. In fact looks like none of the man-portable weaponry (CSC pp 123-125) appear on the Actions tab.

- Subdermal armour does reduce damage, but doesn't appear on the Main tab under armour. I think it probably should but no biggie.

- Items such as the Medikit don't add to the First Aid bonus (e.g. Medikit TL14 gives a +3 to First Aid) but it's not reflected on the Misc Actions section of the Actions tab.

- I cannot assign armour that I have created (e.g. Ancient Pressure Suit from Secrets of the Ancients) to an NPC.

- The modifications for Powered Armour (CSC pp27-28) and Battle Dress (CSC pp36-38) don't seem to be in the Items at all, and cannot therefore be added to equipment. (It feels a bit like it needs to be a new selection in the Library - Armour - and set up a little like Vehicles????)

- For spacecraft that are created by the GM, when you click on Locked / Unlocked icon/button there is an error message that appears (ERROR: Script execution error: [string ":reference spacecraft" 17: attempt to call field 'update' (a nil value)" - or something like that. If you clicking to unlock it doesn't unlock the spacecraft but if you close it and open it again it's now in the unlocked state. Same the other way around, so if you are locking the spacecraft it doesn't lock it but if you close and open it's in the locked state.

- Battle Dress, when equipped, still adds the weight to the encumbrance (so 100kg battle dress should weigh 0kg when worn for the purposes of encumbrance).

- Battle Dress also does not increase the STR or DEX of the person wearing it. This does not add to the stats for damage but should add to attack and damage rolls, and fir encumbrance.

I hope they're all pretty simple to solve.
    Hi Kulthea,

First, thanks for picking up CSC and also for having a good play, let me answer some of your points.

Could you let me know if you are using FGC or FGU please. I'm assuming FGC.

1DD/2DD Damage. Sounds like a bug, let me address those.
    Heavy Weapons. More work needs to be done around them, shouldn't really have a Orbital Defence Laser in your backpack.... but let me see about the smaller items.
    Subdermal Armour. It's not armour, it's an Augment, I might be able to modify the filtering I'm using.
    Medkits. That's for you to manually add at the moment, the 'First Aid' is a general action and not tied directly to a Medkit, and if you had a TL12 or TL14, which would it use. We've had discussions about assigning a 'use counter' on these, maybe we come back to this soon.
    Custom Armour. I'll check that and address it.
    Battle Dress Weight. I'll check this, at the moment all armour weighs 25%, make sure it's shown as 'Worn' and not 'Carried'. Powered Armour/Battle Dress doesn't have unlimited power so ideally there needs to be a status for that kind of armour. Maybe this is for discussion.
    Spacecraft. Thanks for that, I'm not working on Spacecraft at the moment though I'll take a look at this.

That's the main items.

In the currently developed release (1.1.3), you can see that I'm working on adding Stats from Armour and adding the mods to armour. I'll see what else I can fit in.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

It is odd how custom stuff keeps having trouble with NPCs. Seems that once created, a custom item should be the same as a standard.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    It is odd how custom stuff keeps having trouble with NPCs. Seems that once created, a custom item should be the same as a standard.
    Yea, well FGU is showing it's on version 1.1.2 that's an issue and hopefully it's been sorted now. So the 1.1.2 could have been any of the dozen updates into TEST...

So if any of you have FGU, can you confirm it's now v1.1.1, and see if the Custom Armour works, oh and see if Dragging Ammo works in FGU as well.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi! Just picked this up a little bit ago.

Rolling characters, neither GM nor players are able to drag and drop careers/spacecraft into the personal/inventory pages respectively. Weapons work. No error message or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Could you let me know if you are using FGC or FGU please. I'm assuming FGC.
    I'm using FGU

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabao View Post
    Hi! Just picked this up a little bit ago.

Rolling characters, neither GM nor players are able to drag and drop careers/spacecraft into the personal/inventory pages respectively. Weapons work. No error message or anything.
    Morning Hagabao,

Spacecraft are not items you have in you inventory, I doubt your backpacks are big enough! The work to allow players to 'have a ship' is ongoing.

Next point, Careers. There is no drag/drop for them. I did ask if people wanted this in a previous update and no-one was interested. There's a PC builder coming at some point, soon as that arrives I will look into it. Careers are far more than that just text, it's about rolling the various skills etc.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Morning Hagabao,

Spacecraft are not items you have in you inventory, I doubt your backpacks are big enough! The work to allow players to 'have a ship' is ongoing.

Next point, Careers. There is no drag/drop for them. I did ask if people wanted this in a previous update and no-one was interested. There's a PC builder coming at some point, soon as that arrives I will look into it. Careers are far more than that just text, it's about rolling the various skills etc.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Got it, thanks!

Hello.

We are using Traveller MGT2 1.1.1 Classic. I am making a character, and the drag and drop for the skills sporadically stops working. I noticed it forst when I was adding Gun Combat (Slug), I dragged it over, and then dragged it over again, and it duplicated (see attached.) I tested it, and it seemed to not do that from the module skill list, only from the right side button menu skill list. But then, I added a profession skill specialization from the module list, and it duplicated it there. Then Roommate tested and saw it did it with animals.traveller skill bug.png

Thanks,

Amatiste

Thread Information