DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 19 of 109 First ... 917181920212969 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    v1.1.2 shouldn't be in the Ruleset, it's not been finished, they've not released v1.1.1 as 1.1.2 is in testing only.

So I've emailed James to update v1.1.1 ASAP.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ok. That is the problem then... they have released to stable 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Ok. That is the problem then... they have released to stable 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1.
    It was an issue in my part first, last week (mid-week) I pushed 1.1.2 instead of 1.1.1 (I use feature branching locally).

So over the weekend, I addressed this and emailed, but I would think James gets a lot of emails.

So emailed this morning, so fingers crossed.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Morning V,

1. That's part of the v1.1.2 update which is currently taking place
    Oh. That's surprising, considering when I run my campaign, the MOTD scrawl in the chat window says "Mongoose Traveller 2E Core ruleset v1.1.2 for Fantasy Grounds."
    So I sort of assumed 1.1.2 was, you know, out.

S'all good. I'll wait.

-V

So, I dont know what it is but we are having some serious issues and not sure if its bugs or if something is corrupted. I am not running the game, but I have run games before. I bought a friend the traveller ruleset and this is what we are seeing:

1. Drag and drop is broken. Dragging weapons into the inventory sheet doesnt automatically add it to the weapons tab all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Other times, it will add it to the actions tab but the inventory tab will remain blank. Also weapons dont always show ammo and rate of fire.

2. None of the fields are editable. Clicking the edit icon on like Skills or any of the fields doesnt change anything, no option to add new skills, actions, etc.
    3. Psi abilities cant be drag and dropped. The Psi Abilities section doesnt work at all and wont take any input.

The dragging and dropping of inventory stuff being bugged is the biggest one though, sometimes stuff works, other times it doesnt. It works ok for 2 people, doesnt work at all for the others. Its all random and is making the other players question playing on fantasy grounds and I love fantasy grounds but I dont know how to fix it to convince them to stick it out.

We are running fantasy grounds classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Karandus View Post
    So, I dont know what it is but we are having some serious issues and not sure if its bugs or if something is corrupted. I am not running the game, but I have run games before. I bought a friend the traveller ruleset and this is what we are seeing:

1. Drag and drop is broken. Dragging weapons into the inventory sheet doesnt automatically add it to the weapons tab all the time. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. Other times, it will add it to the actions tab but the inventory tab will remain blank. Also weapons dont always show ammo and rate of fire.

2. None of the fields are editable. Clicking the edit icon on like Skills or any of the fields doesnt change anything, no option to add new skills, actions, etc.
    3. Psi abilities cant be drag and dropped. The Psi Abilities section doesnt work at all and wont take any input.

The dragging and dropping of inventory stuff being bugged is the biggest one though, sometimes stuff works, other times it doesnt. It works ok for 2 people, doesnt work at all for the others. Its all random and is making the other players question playing on fantasy grounds and I love fantasy grounds but I dont know how to fix it to convince them to stick it out.

We are running fantasy grounds classic.
    Hi Karandus,

Sorry that you've got all this happening, I'll jump on these later and see what's going on, and get a quick fix up if needed.

EDIT:

1. Created a new character, dragged on 4 weapons into the Inventory TAB and all 4 correctly appeared with Ammo/Rof based on their traits
    2. Created a new Skill, edited it. Created a new Weapon Action.
    3. PSI Abilities, found myself unable to add new unless the character already had some, this requires fixing.

So sounds like you got something else going on, what version does it show in the chat window when you load the and are you running any other extensions. If it's v1.1.1 and no to extensions, create a new campaign and then a new character and then see.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 29th, 2020 at 09:56. Reason: Updated my findings
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi Karandus,

Sorry that you've got all this happening, I'll jump on these later and see what's going on, and get a quick fix up if needed.

EDIT:

1. Created a new character, dragged on 4 weapons into the Inventory TAB and all 4 correctly appeared with Ammo/Rof based on their traits
    2. Created a new Skill, edited it. Created a new Weapon Action.
    3. PSI Abilities, found myself unable to add new unless the character already had some, this requires fixing.

So sounds like you got something else going on, what version does it show in the chat window when you load the and are you running any other extensions. If it's v1.1.1 and no to extensions, create a new campaign and then a new character and then see.

Cheers,
    MBM
    So my buddy was able to drag and drop weapons on ok this time, seems like custom weapons he made dont show the ammo/rof even though everything is the exact same format as the core weapons.

So as far as creating skills and inventory, we are unable to edit the fields unless there is already an item there. For example in a blank inventory page or weapon action it right clicking the area just shows and X and there is no Add option to add a new row unless there is already an item there to click on. The green plus doesnt appear at all in those fields.

EDIT: Running v1.1.1 no extensions
    Last edited by Karandus; May 29th, 2020 at 10:21.

So my buddy was able to drag and drop weapons on ok this time, seems like custom weapons he made dont show the ammo/rof even though everything is the exact same format as the core weapons.

So as far as creating skills and inventory, we are unable to edit the fields unless there is already an item there. For example in a blank inventory page or weapon action it right clicking the area just shows and X and there is no Add option to add a new row unless there is already an item there to click on. The green plus doesnt appear at all in those fields.

EDIT: Running v1.1.1 no extensions
    Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly with more details.

1. Ok, the Right-click, Create option. I can extend that to be behind the list of Skills/Inventory I think. The system was designed for skills/items to be dragged in rather than created on the fly, but I understand you have a need so I'll look into it.
    2. Custom Weapons. Let me check designing a custom rifle and see what that does, I'm at work now so it'll be later tonight/over the weekend. For the moment I suggest you copy a core weapon, and then edit it.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly with more details.

1. Ok, the Right-click, Create option. I can extend that to be behind the list of Skills/Inventory I think. The system was designed for skills/items to be dragged in rather than created on the fly, but I understand you have a need so I'll look into it.
    2. Custom Weapons. Let me check designing a custom rifle and see what that does, I'm at work now so it'll be later tonight/over the weekend. For the moment I suggest you copy a core weapon, and then edit it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Yeah no problem, we actually had just finished our traveller session so our GM was still in a call with me in fantasy grounds lol. And no worries, I just wasnt sure if we were doing something wrong or if maybe a file was corrupt. Thanks though for all the help, we're still learning all the ins and outs.

Yeah no problem, we actually had just finished our traveller session so our GM was still in a call with me in fantasy grounds lol. And no worries, I just wasnt sure if we were doing something wrong or if maybe a file was corrupt. Thanks though for all the help, we're still learning all the ins and outs.
    Hi Chap,

Thanks for letting me know. New players are always finding these kinds of things, so that's ace. I'm working on the next update so will roll these updates in with it, hoping to complete it over the weekend.

Cheers,
    MBM

Hi All,
    This is not clearly stated (or I missed something?) but the drag & drop issues mentioned before are regressions due to 1.1.1 (FGC) : I was able to create NPC with drag & drop before (1.1.0a), now the same thing is broken : When dragging a weapon, an empty line appears in the NPC sheet. When dragging an armour, no armour is added but an empty weapon appears instead. Not critical but annoying. I played a session with 1.1.1 last Friday and didn't notice more than that (but I use very few different features when playing, a lot more when preparing the game, so maybe I missed something else)

Thread Information