DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 110 First ... 513141516172565 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

So I generally use my own systems database so I never noticed this but the law level doesn't seem to be matching the MGT2 system. I was curious where the law levels that you're using are found. I've been using the chart on page 224 of MGT2 core.
    They're from 1E. Another small difference between 1E and 2E. Means the 2E worlds work needs to be carefully put back into 1E as I'll split out the Data and update it for 2E.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    They're from 1E. Another small difference between 1E and 2E. Means the 2E worlds work needs to be carefully put back into 1E as I'll split out the Data and update it for 2E.

Cheers,
    MBM
    It's been awhile since I cracked open MGT1 core. I just did a quick pass over the systems system. Having become numb to some of the changes that Mongoose inflicted on MGT2 I had forgotten how expansive the one in MGT1 was.

Oh that reminds me there is a bug in every printing of MGT2. For NI they say population 0-6. It should be 4-6. 0-6 makes over half of the worlds NI. The adventures and system books for Mongoose don't even use their own system as they are correctly calculating NI. I've told them several times but the error never gets corrected.

It's been awhile since I cracked open MGT1 core. I just did a quick pass over the systems system. Having become numb to some of the changes that Mongoose inflicted on MGT2 I had forgotten how expansive the one in MGT1 was.

Oh that reminds me there is a bug in every printing of MGT2. For NI they say population 0-6. It should be 4-6. 0-6 makes over half of the worlds NI. The adventures and system books for Mongoose don't even use their own system as they are correctly calculating NI. I've told them several times but the error never gets corrected.
    I presume you're talking about Page 228, if so point out where shows 4-6 for NI and I'll ask Matt to confirm is 'correct' or get the go-ahead to update the table.

Cheers
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I presume you're talking about Page 228, if so point out where shows 4-6 for NI and I'll ask Matt to confirm is 'correct' or get the go-ahead to update the table.

Cheers
    MGT2 page 228 says population 0-6 = NI. Every other edition of Traveller from Classic through MGT1 (& T5) population 4-6 = NI.

So either they wanted to dramatically increase the number of NI worlds in MGT2 or it's a typo in MGT2.

Incidentally Pirates of Drinax uses 0-6 while Great Rift and Behind the Claw use 4-6. It's all very confusing. If you do get an official answer from Matt I'd love to hear it. My thought is typo but who knows...

I've been playing a very long running Traveller campaign but only recently moved away from a real table to this virtual table.

During that time I've noticed a few problems:
    Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage.
    Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error.
    Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others)
    Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays.
    In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog.

Also, can we have a second tab on craft to link a picture?

Got lots of ideas about trading and ship combat but I'll leave for another time.

Keep up the great work MBM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthea View Post
    I've been playing a very long running Traveller campaign but only recently moved away from a real table to this virtual table.

During that time I've noticed a few problems:
    Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage.
    Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error.
    Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others)
    Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays.
    In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog.

Also, can we have a second tab on craft to link a picture?

Got lots of ideas about trading and ship combat but I'll leave for another time.

Keep up the great work MBM.
    Hey Kulthea,

First thanks for playing Traveller and second thanks for taking the time to post here and let me know the issues you have.

Weapons with 1DD or 2DD don't actually seem to do damage. - These weapons should do damage, and make a bit SPLAT of the person hit by them. I'll check this.
    Locking or unlocking a custom spacecraft produces an error. - Thanks will get this sorted
    Is FGMP / PGMP damage really just radiation, or is that a trait. (Hard to tell with the laser and kinetic damage that isn't really in the core books except for reflec and some others) - The Damage Type is radiation, so normal armour has no effect against it. I'm seeking clarification on this, as in effect it shouldn't damage stats, it should affect your Rad score (which in turn hurts you).
    Spaceship needs an "other" power box for things like low berth and medical bays. - The Spacecraft is just the first release of it. I've already re-done the power section (so it's like the details section) you add in as many as you need.
    In a custom craft when you are resizing there's a box that extends beyond the extent of the dialog. - Thanks I'll get this sorted.

So carry on playing and get involved in the forums, give us your input on the ruleset and the things that need adding/updating etc!

Cheers,
    MBM

DD damage is destructive damage meaning it does (#D)*10 damage with no effect damage modifier. So say with 2DD you roll a 5 and 3 the total damage would be 80 regardless of effect.

EDIT append:

Did a little more reading. It seems that DD damage inflicts damage against armor normally and then traits. The radiation effect appears to apply a separate cumulative RAD effect in addition to base damage.

ALSO...

Welcome Kulthea!
    Last edited by esmdev; April 30th, 2020 at 14:10.

Thanks for the welcome. I've been pestering MBM on twitter about when things are coming out. I've GM'd Drinax all the way through (starting before the new books came out) and am now almost at the end of Secrets of the Ancients (before the books come out). New to VTTs but getting the hang of it now.

Did a little more reading. It seems that DD damage inflicts damage against armor normally and then traits. The radiation effect appears to apply a separate cumulative RAD effect in addition to base damage.
    The damage by FGMP and PGMP is enormous - and always has been back to CT - but I was wondering if I'd missed something with all the laser and kinetic and radiation damage types (as opposed to radiation trait).

I'm running my next session in 3 minutes. Better start the table.

I will just post a reference to MBM answer from Matt to this issue so it doesn't get lost on the other post:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post502761

I believe I've located a bug/rules misunderstanding with the full auto option in the weapon attacks. The rules are vague but others have agreed with me that the ammo consumption should be three times the auto rating for all the attacks combined. This effectively works as 3 rounds per attack roll.

Right now the ruleset is applying three times rate per shot. You may want to confirm with Mongoose about this one but it seems incorrect based on RAW.

Thanks.

Thread Information