STAR TREK 2d20
Page 107 of 111 First ... 75797105106107108109 ... Last

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm currently running in the beta Test version; and I'm not seeing any errors when opening the Party Sheet -> Ships tab where the Cargo list is created. Also, players are not able to enter data on the Party Sheet -> Ships tab as well.

It sounds like you may be running an older version of the ruleset perhaps. What version is reported in the Chat window on campaign start?
    You were right, sorry. I tested it on my laptop that I use on my commute and it is normally lagging a bit behind. I have just tested and I don't get errors on going to that tab as a player, but I do get them when trying to add an item (right click) add item:

[2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller (2E) ruleset (2024-1-3) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Mongoose Traveller 2E
    Copyright 2016 Mongoose Publishing.
    [2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] RULESET: Core RPG ruleset (2023-12-28) for Fantasy Grounds
    Copyright 2023 Smiteworks USA, LLC
    [2/22/2024 9:30:20 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 2 - 6.0375562
    [2/22/2024 9:32:26 AM] [WARNING] Frame tabs contains out-of-range values in BottomLeft.
    [2/22/2024 9:32:38 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "MGT2:..ign/scripts/spacecraft_cargolist.lua"]:44: createWindow: Unable to create window

Ideally players should be able to maintain the cargo list on the ship - as it is theirs. Was that ever the intention on the screen, would be an easy one to add?

Some minor layout options

Party sheet main tab "armour" doesn't show propertly. Also there is no much space for PC names/etc even on screen resize

PC character sheet PErsonal tab, it would be better that the resizing fields are "Event" and "Title" instead of "Career" as those are the fields that need more text.

I was going to attach screenshots but it keeps telling me "the security token was missing". Let me know if its nto clear and I can try a different way of uploading them.

No idea on the intentions. This ruleset was created by @MadBeardMan for Mongoose (and is still contracted for it, as far as I know); but he hasn't responded to reports for some time.

I've been updating the ruleset to work with Core functionality better, since I'm responsible for keeping the Core system growing; but I don't have bandwidth to add features to rulesets that are created by others unfortunately. I'll lock down the player side, so that they don't see the cargo add menu, since it would require the developer to implement a system to manage that (FG data is only allowed single owner, and the GM owns the party sheet data). I know that @MadBeardMan said that he was looking at expanding on the cargo features in the past, but I have not seen any submissions. I think I can adjust the party sheet stuff pretty easily, but I'll leave the character sheet for @MadBeardMan.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks @MoonWizard

I completely understand it, and I appreciate what you can fix!

I have a collection of errata/formatting issues I have found while reading various Traveller modules in FG - is there any point on raising those right now until @MadBeardMan (if) is back?

Yeah, we are tracking the items; and providing them to Mongoose/@MadBeardMan as they come up.

Regards,
    JPG

So there was some weirdness in the stats section tonight. I'm trying to figure out how it happened and then how I partially fixed it (but didn't really). I have a player with a 14 Dex which translates into a +2 DM. It showed as +7 when we opened the sheet. Switched some skills to include Dex and they also showed +7. Forced the stat to 0 and it then reflected -3 (which is correct). Checked skills, still showing +7 (even with now being -3). Switched it over a few times, closed and reopened the sheet, etc... It still shows as +7 in the Skills section (but now the Stat reflects accurately)...

I've seen something similar quite often, particularly after character creation.

Look on the characters sheet on the Actions tab under Characteristic Status. I have had to reset them using the small button on the bottom left of each stat. Long time issue.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by BangsNaughtyBits View Post
    I've seen something similar quite often, particularly after character creation.

Look on the characters sheet on the Actions tab under Characteristic Status. I have had to reset them using the small button on the bottom left of each stat. Long time issue.
    Yep, that worked... K, I was starting to panic... I just committed to running this game and even dropped some more money in the store when I caught that and the other bugs being reported. Much obliged...
    Last edited by ProfDogg; March 8th, 2024 at 03:53.

OK, new thing, probably has to do with latest version update (but I'm just guessing there)... I created a new Story entry and began to load my links (Images, Systems, etc) to organize. I can type into the Story (and change from header to list to body, etc) but it does does not accept links.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfDogg View Post
    OK, new thing, probably has to do with latest version update (but I'm just guessing there)... I created a new Story entry and began to load my links (Images, Systems, etc) to organize. I can type into the Story (and change from header to list to body, etc) but it does does not accept links.
    Never mind... I just found the "add link" button... It was easier before when we could just drag and drop...

Thread Information