STAR TREK 2d20
Page 86 of 109 First ... 3676848586878896 ... Last

Spacecraft Notes locked out

Quote Originally Posted by Deadtissue View Post
    Hope this is the right location for this post.

I was directed here in the discord forums to post any issues I encountered on the MGT2e FGU platform as MadBeardMan looks here more frequently. So what I have encountered is that when specifically making a PC Spacecraft I cannot add a deck plan or picture to it in the Notes section as can be done if its just a spacecraft I created.
    No response on my earlier post so reposting, won't do it again but wanted to track them together.

In addition to this in relation to the latest patch I am now getting load and save errors I have never seen before (attached). The only extension loaded is Dark and the errors exist if its loaded or not. This usually occurs when I add or subtract equipment to a character sheet. I have loaded and unloaded the rules and central material catalogue

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Deadtissue View Post
    No response on my earlier post so reposting, won't do it again but wanted to track them together.

In addition to this in relation to the latest patch I am now getting load and save errors I have never seen before (attached). The only extension loaded is Dark and the errors exist if its loaded or not. This usually occurs when I add or subtract equipment to a character sheet. I have loaded and unloaded the rules and central material catalogue

Thanks
    Hello,

I'll take a look tomorrow at this, if you zip up your campaign I can take a better look.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

The spacecraft notes for PC ships are a different type of data field than the notes tab of NPC ships. (i.e. simple text field vs. formatted text field) So, you won't be able to add links to the PC ship notes with the current implementation. This would be something @MadBeardMan would have to look at, and decide on what makes sense.

For the script error, I've pushed an update to fix the error, that I believe was caused by general cleanup I was performing across multiple rulesets.

Regards,
    JPG

Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hello,

I'll take a look tomorrow at this, if you zip up your campaign I can take a better look.

Cheers,
    MBM
    MBM - Given Moon Wizard's reply do you still want the campaign zip? I would really like to be able to add custom 2D deckplans to the players ship, though I can just bring it up from the images for them when required so not the end of the world, just did not know if it was broken or just the way it is. One easy fix I discovered since I posted this is that the Serpent Class Scout is listed with 100 Hull Points, it should only have 40.

Moon Wizard it does seem to have fixed the issue, I am doing a lot of campaign creation across the full range of features so some of these things I am not sure how they are supposed to react so sorry if I keep bringing up things that are temporary. Like today I cannot remove ships from last weeks session from the spacecraft combat tracker....unless I make them enemies and delete them using the menu to delete enemies only.

Cheers and thanks for the response.
    Last edited by Deadtissue; March 15th, 2023 at 00:49.

@madbeardman
    I love the character creation mod. Have been using it for all my character creation needs. Found an issue or two, but this one currently is what I came across
    under the noble : Qualified entry there is a list of basic skills, it lists Diplomat twice, when one of them should be, Electronics.

On the Draft, and Drifter There are two entries for Draft and Drifter, one is blank, the other has the table, All the : Didn't Qualify it link to the blank ones.

On Career Table, under scholar, is Pirate, instead of Physician

I do want to say thank you so so much for the mod it's very helpful and I love it!
    Last edited by Camberme; March 15th, 2023 at 00:57.

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hey,POD had the changes done on release, so this is odd behaviour. I'll check it later tonight. I just pushed an update to the Core Ruleset with some fixes and stuff, so can get this done over the weekend as well.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hi,

Just checking if this had been looked into. After a couple of updates the bug persists.

Thanks.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord: GravityBlade
    Time Zone: US Central (GMT -6)
    Running: Traveller (MgT2)

Hello again,

@Madbeardman, I am curious if a means of keeping a tally of a character's previous turns 'Reactions' is available on the combat tracker or if this is something that can be added in the future? And if the game mechanics can be coded to read that tally and automatically apply the -1 DM per Melee/Throw/Shooting Attack? Then have the reaction tally automatically clear at the round end?

This reaction penalty is often forgotten about during the heat of play, and having some method to automatically keep track and subtract the DM would be a very helpful automation. Maybe adding a notification in the chat/dice box as to where the negative dice modifier was coming from " - 2 DM for Reactions " or some verbiage like that to stop confusion when it is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsSoNoc View Post
    Hello again,

@Madbeardman, I am curious if a means of keeping a tally of a character's previous turns 'Reactions' is available on the combat tracker or if this is something that can be added in the future? And if the game mechanics can be coded to read that tally and automatically apply the -1 DM per Melee/Throw/Shooting Attack? Then have the reaction tally automatically clear at the round end?

This reaction penalty is often forgotten about during the heat of play, and having some method to automatically keep track and subtract the DM would be a very helpful automation. Maybe adding a notification in the chat/dice box as to where the negative dice modifier was coming from " - 2 DM for Reactions " or some verbiage like that to stop confusion when it is applied.
    Hasn't tried, but it maybe easy to do with an effect? You can short key it and apply quickly every time a reaction is made. It will last until the end of the next character turn i think - which is probably the right thing instead of clearing at the end of the turn?

I am seeing issues with the combat tracker not picking up PC weapons? Is this due to recent updates to Core FGU. I haven't used the ruleset in a while. I am seeing other things not populating as well, but the one thing i can definitely confirm is this combat tracker bug.

None of the combat trackers in any of the rulesets are made to show PC weapons; as PC attacks are typically much more complex with data/UI than NPC attacks. Only NPC attacks are shown in the combat tracker. This is not a new behavior.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information