STAR TREK 2d20
Page 32 of 109 First ... 2230313233344282 ... Last
    we were seeing many errors round skill checks yesterday where modifiers from attributes were not being applied properly.

we had to give up rolling from the character sheet and add the modifiers manually.

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    we were seeing many errors round skill checks yesterday where modifiers from attributes were not being applied properly.

we had to give up rolling from the character sheet and add the modifiers manually.
    So, I did a quick check on this.

The skill modifiers from characteristics now use whatever value is in the current value on the action tab. So if your current value is lower than your base value then the modifiers could be lower than the maximum modifier.

Changing the current value was the only way that I could find the make the characteristic modifiers on the skill roll change, otherwise the numbers come up correct based on the value in current value.

We played MGT2 tonight on FGU. The stat modifiers displayed wrongly sometimes, they appeared completely broken and we had to resort to roll 2d6 and add modifiers. We checked the action tabs but the values there did not reflect the weird things we were seeing like a -3 to action rolls.

This may be a Unity versus Classic issue: we.played Monday and Tuesday last week (and many months before) with no issues so this is something new that is breaking stat modifiers

CJ x

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post
    We played MGT2 tonight on FGU. The stat modifiers displayed wrongly sometimes, they appeared completely broken and we had to resort to roll 2d6 and add modifiers. We checked the action tabs but the values there did not reflect the weird things we were seeing like a -3 to action rolls.

This may be a Unity versus Classic issue: we.played Monday and Tuesday last week (and many months before) with no issues so this is something new that is breaking stat modifiers

CJ x
    Hi.

It might be a bug, maybe if you can give some examples of the numbers, and if they were consistently wrong or if they changed around.

The only other thing I can think of is armor modifiers?

Quote Originally Posted by CJR View Post

CJ x
    We had a game on Sunday using Classic. Same problem, the modifiers were scrambled, we had to manually calculate skill rolls and combat. I’ve not had a chance to go back and take a closer look at what’s happening yet.

Hi,

All stat modifiers should come off the values for that Stat held in the Actions Tab.

This was all tested so should be working lovely. I'm working on the SCT tonight so I'll double check nothing has happened to it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

we were definitely seeing this on fgu on saturday

doesnt happen when no one is connected however....

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    we were definitely seeing this on fgu on saturday

doesnt happen when no one is connected however....
    Odd, I've tested again (FGC) using a client connected to host, no errors and no -3's, all rolls were correct.

If someone with both FGC and FGU can test it would be ace.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Hi.

I set up a new campaign on my roommate's PC and then connected to it with my PC on a separate account to simulate a player logging in to the server.

I created a character and set the stats as ACFACF to give a 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 modifier for ease of tracking. Then I added several skills to the character and set the associated characteristics to different ones to allow for each characteristic to be represented.

I rolled about a hundred skill checks, using both the skill page roller, and the skill page roller using the characteristic overrides. I was unable to produce an invalid result.

I added a vacc suit to the character without the vacc suit skill and again the resulting numbers were correct. I added a second armor layer to the character and still continued to get the correct numbers.

I'm sad to say that I was unable to replicate the problem on FGC.

However in the process of testing, I did find a problem that might be what is causing the issue.

I decided to create a second character to see if the putting skills on the sheet before accessing the action tab error would create an issue, and it sort of does.

If you add your skills prior to using the action tab, and you set the default skill value (STR, DEX, EDU, etc.), it won't automatically adjust the value even once you do go to the action tab and reset the current values. It will report 0 regardless of characteristic changes or the current value. This is easily fixed by just cycling through the characteristic cycler on the skill page, basically just click through from STR back to STR and it should report correctly from that point forward.

Hopefully this is the problem because otherwise I couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

I set up a new campaign on my roommate's PC and then connected to it with my PC on a separate account to simulate a player logging in to the server.

I created a character and set the stats as ACFACF to give a 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3 modifier for ease of tracking. Then I added several skills to the character and set the associated characteristics to different ones to allow for each characteristic to be represented.

I rolled about a hundred skill checks, using both the skill page roller, and the skill page roller using the characteristic overrides. I was unable to produce an invalid result.

I added a vacc suit to the character without the vacc suit skill and again the resulting numbers were correct. I added a second armor layer to the character and still continued to get the correct numbers.

I'm sad to say that I was unable to replicate the problem on FGC.

However in the process of testing, I did find a problem that might be what is causing the issue.

I decided to create a second character to see if the putting skills on the sheet before accessing the action tab error would create an issue, and it sort of does.

If you add your skills prior to using the action tab, and you set the default skill value (STR, DEX, EDU, etc.), it won't automatically adjust the value even once you do go to the action tab and reset the current values. It will report 0 regardless of characteristic changes or the current value. This is easily fixed by just cycling through the characteristic cycler on the skill page, basically just click through from STR back to STR and it should report correctly from that point forward.

Hopefully this is the problem because otherwise I couldn't find anything.
    Thanks for this. Going to see if there's a quick fix, as atm it relies on the 'woundtrack' data in the skills tab, which doesn't exist until the tab has been opened, so getting a cuppa to think how to solve this (already have a few ideas).

Will get this out asap once I do get it done. It'll be 1.1.14a as the build, you'll get some of the NPC updates early

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information