FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 5 of 109 First ... 345671555105 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    Hi.

So what is was thinking is when we input the UWP, and then you parse it to put the info into the individual boxes (like Fairport, size, population, etc), then you could go one step further and auto fill the trade code box towards the bottom as well. Since the UWP data is now broken into its individual components the numbers needed to calculate trade codes are already available.
    Yea, I already did that for MGT1 but in MGT2 they've dropped the hex code and if people copy the UWP from TravellerMaps then it causes a bit of a mess, there might appear to be consistency but there isn't.

So what I'm doing now is breaking it into individual sections, ie if the first four are Hex, that's the hex code, the next 8 (9 including the hypen), then the rest is one chunk and I'll split that into each series of letters, ie I should get Z, Ni, Ag, G and I could say the 'Z' is a base (I'll compare it), the 'Ni and Ag' are Trade codes and the 'G' is a Travel code, it should work.

I'll know in about 30 minutes,
    Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I wrote a web app way way back in the day when I was learning vb-script and classic asp...

This was the section I used to write all of the world information into an access database. It took the Hex value, converted it to decimal and then did all of the trade code calculations and some other things in preparation to write the system info to the database. It is written for T4 so some stuff is irrelevant but hopefully the idea behind it might be helpful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wrote a web app way way back in the day when I was learning vb-script and classic asp...

This was the section I used to write all of the world information into an access database. It took the Hex value, converted it to decimal and then did all of the trade code calculations and some other things in preparation to write the system info to the database. It is written for T4 so some stuff is irrelevant but hopefully the idea behind it might be helpful.
    Hi Esmdev,

Rather than doing what I was meant to be doing (!) I've re-written the World UWP parser and I'm much happier with it.

It supports Hex Code (or not), World Data, Bases, Trade Codes and then Travel Code.

I've given it a good test, but I'll send it to test tomorrow for others to break.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Sounds awesome. look forward to seeing how it works.

Hi. While making some characters this evening we noticed the navy enlisted ranks were using the merchant table instead of the navy table. It includes the ranks and skills.

Hi. While making some characters this evening we noticed the navy enlisted ranks were using the merchant table instead of the navy table. It includes the ranks and skills.
    Fascinating. I found that before and MBM had that one corrected already. I hope we're not on an old version here 🧐

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Fascinating. I found that before and MBM had that one corrected already. I hope we're not on an old version here ��
    The version in chat indicates v1.0.2. Sometimes old stuff creeps in to new stuff when your back is turned. Should be easy to repair. If you remember anything else you saw around that point in time maybe you could spot check some of them to be sure it is only that one table.

So far things seem pretty well edited and tested, so it's all good.

Na, you would have stumbled over them. There were mixups like that in the navy skills as well, so if you didn't notice anything there I am sure, it's just something minor that has refaced.
    I sent MBM the old testprotocols again. I am sure this is fixed soon. He is after all a wizard of code ��

Quote Originally Posted by LordNanoc View Post
    Na, you would have stumbled over them. There were mixups like that in the navy skills as well, so if you didn't notice anything there I am sure, it's just something minor that has refaced.
    I sent MBM the old testprotocols again. I am sure this is fixed soon. He is after all a wizard of code ��
    And those mixups - never re-appear as such, what they do is hide and wait. It's like when you post a message, or send an email. When you check before you send you see everything is correctly spelt and grammar perfect. Soon as it's gone, and then you get a reply and see your original message you wonder how so many wrongly spelt words and missing connecting words there were!

This'll be done this weekend.

Huzzah
    MBM

@MBM ... the part with the spelling made me laugh

Thread Information