DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 10 of 109 First ... 891011122060 ... Last
    I am adding some Pregens to the campaign and I found these issues with Ruleset 2E 1.0.3:

* While Vacc Suit shows correctly in Armour (Main Tab) when I added Subdermal Armour TL10 it is only shown inside Equipment.
    * Also I tried adding a Knife Weapon and it did not work. I cannot edit any details. Is it possible to create your own weapons?
    * Jack of All Trades did not automatically modify Unskilled Skill. I had to set Level -1 manually to modify Unskilled.
    * PSI could be hidden unless you checked a box or something similar? It would remove Stat PSI from showing and Psionics Tab to make charsheet easier?
    * Charsheet cannot be expanded horizontally.
    * Could Occupation be added? There is Career history but not current Occupation that could be Ex-Scout for example.

Will post if I find something else. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I am adding some Pregens to the campaign and I found these issues with Ruleset 2E 1.0.3:

* While Vacc Suit shows correctly in Armour (Main Tab) when I added Subdermal Armour TL10 it is only shown inside Equipment.
    * Also I tried adding a Knife Weapon and it did not work. I cannot edit any details. Is it possible to create your own weapons?
    * Jack of All Trades did not automatically modify Unskilled Skill. I had to set Level -1 manually to modify Unskilled.
    * PSI could be hidden unless you checked a box or something similar? It would remove Stat PSI from showing and Psionics Tab to make charsheet easier?
    * Charsheet cannot be expanded horizontally.
    * Could Occupation be added? There is Career history but not current Occupation that could be Ex-Scout for example.

Will post if I find something else. Thanks!
    Greetings!

Subdermal armour isn't listed as armour so won't show, it's technically equipment, however for the Central Supply Catalogue I'm updating armour so I'll look into this.
    You can add weapons, just create a new item, set the type as 'Weapons' and it will add all the fields
    JoaT does not modify the unskilled in the skill window, it modifies the roll.
    PSI, yes this can be done I'll look into it
    Charsheet, there are no plans to allow it to be expanded at the moment, a new character sheet will be added in the future that will (when I get around to the Companion book)
    Occupation, where would you want to see this added, inside the tab below Career History? If so, yes, can do that.

So thanks for all of these, some good ideas!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    You can add weapons, just create a new item, set the type as 'Weapons' and it will add all the fields
    JoaT does not modify the unskilled in the skill window, it modifies the roll.
    Charsheet, there are no plans to allow it to be expanded at the moment, a new character sheet will be added in the future that will (when I get around to the Companion book)
    Occupation, where would you want to see this added, inside the tab below Career History? If so, yes, can do that.

So thanks for all of these, some good ideas!

Cheers,
    MBM
    Thank you for your quick reply. I add some more details to some issues:
    * I can add weapons manually but then they are not shown in Action later... only inside Equipment. I was able to add some Weapon inside Action Tab using some trick but later I was unable to edit it.
    * You are rigth about JoaT when I roll it does apply a mod to the roll correctly. But now I have another issue as I set -1 to Level now I cannot edit it back to -3. It cannot be removed and if I drop it over it keeps adding up Levels and no way to drop a blank one? Inside Skill list there is no Unskilled with -3.
    * When I mean expand charsheet I meant to use arrows with mouse on border to increase size horizontally. I can do it vertically, just not horizontal to read text like with a long background text it would be usefull.
    * Occupation, where you find it easier to add... Career History or Main Additional Info would make sense. I am adding the Pregens from the Starter Box and they included that field. It makes sense to show current occupation for some PCs.

Thank you again for your help!

* I was able to fix Unskilled with a trick... I changed name of bad Unskilled and added a new one with right name then set Level to -3 and it got fixed (also I was able to delete now the wrong unskilled).
    * Vacc Suit is there any option to disable Encumbrance penalty to apply? I usually don't penalize for wearing clothes and armour, only if they carry it inside a backpack for example. I have a Pregen that is encumbered because of the Vacc Suit, if I disable the weight icon check then it disappears from Armour on Main. Is there an option to disable encumbered penalty?
    * Also found that if I uncheck weight on Armour (Vacc Suit) it disappears from Main as it seems not being wear, but if I do the same with Blade it does not disappear from Actions Tab. It should work like that?
    * CR Money with long 0s.. maybe it would help if you input 50000 to show 50,000 format instead of so many 0s for money? Visually it would help on Cash on Hand.

Sorry to bother you but I keep adding stuff that I find so I won't forget. Hope that some of them help you. Best regards!

Unskilled works by default. When you have Jack of All Trades and roll on unskilled the roll will reflect the correct outcome in the chat window without needing to do anything with either skill.

Got following error when dropping Plastic (Explosives?) inside Equipment:
    "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:698: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)"

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Got following error when dropping Plastic (Explosives?) inside Equipment:
    "Script Error: [string "campaign/scripts/manager_char.lua"]:698: bad argument #1 to 'len' (string expected, got nil)"
    Interesting! Thanks for this, there's an update coming for Central Supply where I've possibly already fixed this! Let me check.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

**This is for UNITY**

There are also several font issues where the text on sheets is not contained within perimeters and overlaps into the text entry boxes or overlaps with other text. In some other cases the text is cut off. I'm noticing this mostly on the PC sheet for now.

Thanks and have a great New Year.

Adjusting the TTF used or the font size down in the ruleset should fix this.

Originally, I made the ruleset fonts in my rulesets with height 14 for FGU; but I had to correct about a month ago to height 12 which was the actual size used to create the old bitmap font files. MBM might still be using the original TTF sizes for the FGF replacements; or they might have always been too big.

MBM, let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    JPG

Sorry, Moon Wizard. I saw all your responses to my string of posts. I was on a roll going through and testing all the rulesets. I'll redirect to the FGU subforum from here on out. It just seemed cluttered and rather than start a new thread I thought posting here would be better since this was a specific ruleset issue for the dev to look at and not a generic Unity issue.

Thanks

Thread Information