FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 25 of 26 First ... 1523242526 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by aulyre View Post
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:91: attempt to concatenate global 'height' (a nil value)
    I have been getting this error, too. I am not using that Combat Highlighter extensions, plenty of others but I don't think that's the only problem here. One problem is that the node name height is not unique, and I suspect that other extensions might be trying to use that name, too.

The error only occurred for one of my players, the one who happened to fill in all of the notes on their character sheet. The height field there winds up having a node also named height, so what happens is getCTHeight gets a heightNode containing the value 7'2". That causes tonumber to fail and return nil.

I've changed the name of the node used in a handful of locations, including manager_token.lua, and have been running fine with all my extensions.
    Last edited by skorski; August 14th, 2022 at 20:18.

Quote Originally Posted by skorski View Post
    I have been getting this error, too. I am not using that Combat Highlighter extensions, plenty of others but I don't think that's the only problem here. One problem is that the node name height is not unique, and I suspect that other extensions might be trying to use that name, too.

The error only occurred for one of my players, the one who happened to fill in all of the notes on their character sheet. The height field there winds up having a node also named height, so what happens is getCTHeight gets a heightNode containing the value 7'2". That causes tonumber to fail and return nil.

I've changed the name of the node used in a handful of locations, including manager_token.lua, and have been running fine with all my extensions.
    Aah, interesting! Thanks for the information

Then I will try to change the name of this part of the code, too, and upload it for everyone, so that this conflict with other extensions using the same name does not happen anymore

I appreciate your help

I get this error as well, but only when I add a PC into the combat tracker. It gives the nil value error and the token image appears on the map, but not useable - just a static image.
    Height Error.png

Quote Originally Posted by jedorian View Post
    I get this error as well, but only when I add a PC into the combat tracker. It gives the nil value error and the token image appears on the map, but not useable - just a static image.
    Height Error.png
    thanks for the report

It may now be that the last update yesterday made my extension incompatible; I just had not yet the time to look at it At latest this weekend I hope I can check for compatibility

Quote Originally Posted by skorski View Post

Hello, I just wanted to clarify that I get the nil value error even when I don't have any other extensions loaded and I get the nil value error over and over again if I have the combat highlighter extension loaded. I just tested again and I am still seeing this error with the Height extension. Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of the error. I only get it when I open the combat tracker for the first time if I don't have the Combat Highlighter extension loaded (if I do have it loaded, I get the error over and over again).

Height Extension Error Screenshot 2022-08-18 092200.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by aulyre View Post
    Here's a screenshot of the error. I only get it when I open the combat tracker for the first time if I don't have the Combat Highlighter extension loaded (if I do have it loaded, I get the error over and over again).

Height Extension Error Screenshot 2022-08-18 092200.jpg
    Thank you

I will soon look at it, just very busy right now There was recently some patch for FG again, and I was not yet able to look for compatibility with this patch I hope I can solve this this weekend

Oki, I just checked the last updates, and it looks like that the height extension does not need an update. I was also not able to reproduce the error given your error reports

Can someone of you who is able to reproduce this error maybe check this error in a completely new campaign? I can also attempt Skorski's solution of the code (but that is about compatibility with other extensions)

Thanks for your patience, I am sadly often very busy lately

Alright, Kelrugem. I tested this and it still doesn't work even when its a fresh campaign with no other extensions loaded. I cannot be sure if there's incompatibility with anything else as it won't work on its own for me.

Height Error no other extensions.png

That is weird. I just tested with a new PF1 campaign and I also get no errors. The versions I'm showing match yours.

Do you happen to have any of the rulesets or extensions unpacked? You'll want to remove those (or at least move them out of the rulesets/extensions folder).
    You could also try deleting the Height.ext file from the extensions folder and run an update so it re-downloads from the Forge.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information