DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 15 of 26 First ... 5131415161725 ... Last
    Good thing is that any theme/extension can change the font of the Height extension just by inserting the quoted lines. This makes it easier to customize Height. I use Roboto, because I use that for the other windows, as I find it easier to read than FG's default font.

For the Height Extension I agree that Roboto is a bit too thin, so I might change it later on. But the big blobby letters used by default don't look so good and read so easily either. It doesn't matter so much for Height anyway, because it's not something you need to read a lot.

I'm not seeing a download link. Am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    I'm not seeing a download link. Am I missing something?
    You probably have a white vBulletin forum look right now? Then scroll to the bottom and change the display style of the forum (there should be some button) Afterwards you should be able to see those links

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You probably have a white vBulletin forum look right now? Then scroll to the bottom and change the display style of the forum (there should be some button) Afterwards you should be able to see those links
    Ah, thank you, my friend. Stupid Google search took me straight to vBulletin.

Quote Originally Posted by wframe View Post
    Ah, thank you, my friend. Stupid Google search took me straight to vBulletin.
    Cool that it works now

In case it hasn't been posted here is the distance formula:
    Square Root ((x1 - x2)^2 + (y1 - y2)^2 + (z1 - z2)^2)

Quote Originally Posted by lokiare View Post
    In case it hasn't been posted here is the distance formula:
    Square Root ((x1 - x2)^2 + (y1 - y2)^2 + (z1 - z2)^2)
    Thank you
    Yeah, I know this, it is just that I do not want to adjust the distance measure yet; I rather prefer to have a similar distance measurement for the height as one has for the "x-y"-plane (Most rulesets do not use the Euclidean measure in the x-y-plane, rather a multiplicator of 1.5 or 1 for the diagonals for example, and not square root of 2; I want to align ruleset-specific behaviour to the height measurement )
    But aligning that is not difficult, the main reason why I did not implement that yet is simply that I had no time yet

I'm thinking that any distance that encompasses height, should use the same general rules as the distance rules for the game system in the X-Y plane.

So, for D&D and clone systems that use 1.5 for distance, you would treat 3 dimensional diagonals as 1.5 for simplicity.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I'm thinking that any distance that encompasses height, should use the same general rules as the distance rules for the game system in the X-Y plane.

So, for D&D and clone systems that use 1.5 for distance, you would treat 3 dimensional diagonals as 1.5 for simplicity.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yes, that is what I want to try

Though for my personal game I may try to use the raw/Euclidean measure at some point, in order to see how it is to play without grid (so, invisible grid and no grid-snap) while using that measure

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    yeah, that is how it should look like (and it shows why I do not recommend to use typical name labels I prefer tooltips; sadly difficult to find a good position for the height label where it does not interfere with something)
    It could be put in the center or center left/right. There should be nothing interfering there!?

Thread Information