STAR TREK 2d20
Page 9 of 26 First ... 789101119 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by karter705 View Post
    Oh -- for sure, I wouldn't expect folks to maintain extension FGU given that it is in early access (or in general, honestly, its FOSS there is no obligation lol) -- I really only commented in the first place because it had worked and then stopped working, and it seemed you had future proofed it a bit for FGU in the most recent version since you had the check for the FGU client, so I thought you might want to know (and honestly I didn't think I would be able to fix it, or I would've just waited and posted the fix).

In any case, attached is my bodged together fix for FGU 8-20 with Image Tokens, for anyone that is interested (the code change is in the manager_height.lua -- you can unzip the .ext and its in the scripts folder, for those that want to change it themselves) Note: I didn't update the version in the extension metadata because that's how I roll (and I forgot until just now. I don't think it matters)

Thanks again for the great work (this is literally the only extension that I use for FGU My players have a bunch of giant owls so it is critical. )
    Cool, thanks and yes, I surely appreciate the informations

Hehe, yeah, I am always too optimistic and thought it is now more future-proof, but I am always proven otherwise Though the last future-proofness was rather about the grid types

Hi

This extension will not work with the new version of FGU; sadly, I have absolutely no time now to update things. Hence, better do not use this extension with FGU at the moment

But that is based on some report, I didn't check the new changes yet So, it may or may not still work (as I general advise at the moment Sorry, that I have no time yet to fully support FGU )

I just did some A/B testing with no extensions and then with just this extension.
    It does work (technically), but the color coded arrows for distance have different coloration.
    That seems to be the only thing, however, after extended testing.
    Last edited by bmos; October 9th, 2020 at 17:27. Reason: add more/better info after more testing

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just did some A/B testing with no extensions and then with just this extension.
    It does work (technically), but overrides some of the new Unity features.
    Token locking is functional, but behaves differently and looks different than it does without this extension loaded.
    Ah oki Thanks for testing

Oki, I try to update when I get the time should be straightforward

Turns out the thing I was seeing is still present without extensions (the arrow color gradient is different for host and client).
    I see no compatibility issue (but might be missing one).

The bug seems to be in that the token selection ring and targetting arrow will just have the faction colour then and not the one of the client

<- Disregard ->
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 10th, 2020 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ONLY for FGU

Hi

Oki, now I took shortly the time to update, it was straightforward, I think Beware: I attach the new versions only to this post, because they will not work with the current version of FGC; beware, as usual, a new update of FGU might break it again

The following versions are now compatible with the new version of FGU Since FGU has now finally hotkeys for rotation, this extension will not overwrite the hotkeys anymore The hotkeys are now as usual for FGU, and the height hotkey is now ALT+Wheel (over the token on the map)

Please let me know whether it works as intended

Best,

Kelrugem
    Not working on Client side.

Hight with Alt not working.

Selection of Player token on Client side not working.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Not working on Client side.

Hight with Alt not working.

Selection of Player token on Client side not working.
    I just tested, and I do not have any issues on player side Do you run any other extensions?

EDIT: Oh, wait, now I may see what you mean, I shortly take a look
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 10th, 2020 at 18:03.

Thread Information