STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 26 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    ok I figured out what was causing the error.
    When I created the test campaign to try new things for example your ext...
    I forgot to name the first level ninja.
    After I named it Player 3 no errors. ugh!
    Total user error! sorry for the wall of text and thanks again for such an awesome ext.
    ah, good that you figured it out, thanks Yeah, the name is important actually because players get ownership over their own height label and in that process the name gets used I may add some security check there to avoid giving an error in case there is no name (and then instead some chat message about that a name has to be given); thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    ah, good that you figured it out, thanks Yeah, the name is important actually because players get ownership over their own height label and in that process the name gets used I may add some security check there to avoid giving an error in case there is no name (and then instead some chat message about that a name has to be given); thanks
    Could you use the charsheet identifier (id-00001) to avoid this?
    An alternate edge case this could be a problem with is two characters with the same name (I have had this in a game before haha).
    Last edited by bmos; March 1st, 2021 at 12:55.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Could you use the charsheet identifier (id-00001) to avoid this?
    hm, maybe, thanks if I find time, I try something, though a nameless character is a very edge case so, not so high priority right now (I rather want to try to affect the range indicator)

New version uploaded for catering the updates from yesterday

Noticing that I get errors from Height extension when using Polymorphism
    Will be to do with character "changing" and ownership am guessing?

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Noticing that I get errors from Height extension when using Polymorphism
    Will be to do with character "changing" and ownership am guessing?
    Likely specialized CT data involved though I don't use this so have no idea. When you transfer from PC/NPC to NPC it will place the new NPC and copy only the relevant info I've told it in combat tracker (which of course includes my own stuff but not anything outside of that scope). When it translates back to the original PC/NPC it will take all that relevant CT data back in but only that data - when it recreates the original. Per polymorphism documentation.

I really only run my stuff so any specialized data I'd have to check for and transfer from the original as most CT data will be outright replaced. Having no idea on what this does - no idea what that might be. This is just an FYI. This extension could not solve this only I could.

Note that is only for RAW DB data. All effects are transferred with special logic described in polymrophism .txt file in it's thread. As this fails to do something I'm assuming this is not doing an effect but raw DB data that is not standard FGU data.

And if your getting literal [ERROR] then I have no idea - that points more to incompatible code. Which is life in the extension world. EXTENSIONS = RISK as I'm fond of saying.

All the code I copy over or override (still call original) is also documented in that .txt file in the FG forum thread for that extension.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; March 12th, 2021 at 21:27.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRuin View Post
    Likely specialized CT data involved though I don't use this so have no idea. When you transfer from PC/NPC to NPC it will place the new NPC and copy only the relevant info I've told it in combat tracker (which of course includes my own stuff but not anything outside of that scope). When it translates back to the original PC/NPC it will take all that relevant CT data back in but only that data - when it recreates the original. Per polymorphism documentation.

I really only run my stuff so any specialized data I'd have to check for and transfer from the original as most CT data will be outright replaced. Having no idea on what this does - no idea what that might be. This is just an FYI. This extension could not solve this only I could.

Note that is only for RAW DB data. All effects are transferred with special logic described in polymrophism .txt file in it's thread. As this fails to do something I'm assuming this is not doing an effect but raw DB data that is not standard FGU data.

And if your getting literal [ERROR] then I have no idea - that points more to incompatible code. Which is life in the extension world. EXTENSIONS = RISK as I'm fond of saying.

All the code I copy over or override (still call original) is also documented in that .txt file in the FG forum thread for that extension.
    Yeah, couldnt replicate on next round of testing either!
    Currently also trying to get the NPC Parcels to drop on death too
    Someone I know keeps mentioning Extensions = Risk...

Quote Originally Posted by mordkhaan View Post
    Yeah, couldnt replicate on next round of testing either!
    Currently also trying to get the NPC Parcels to drop on death too
    Someone I know keeps mentioning Extensions = Risk...
    Probably should take anything like that out of this guy's extension and into those threads IMHO
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

I'm also getting a bug when using test build with lighting.

1. Add an effect LIGHT: 2 to a PC token
    2. Remove effect LIGHT: 2
    Light remains.

Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    I'm also getting a bug when using test build with lighting.

1. Add an effect LIGHT: 2 to a PC token
    2. Remove effect LIGHT: 2
    Light remains.
    Yeah, I won't update the extension to the light build until it is pushed to live Otherwise accidentally people use it for live although it is for test; and I run into the danger that I need to update it more frequently if it should also work for the test server

(EDIT: Sorry, my English bad, head broken today )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 13th, 2021 at 00:19.

Thread Information