DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 26 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    This version is tentatively compatible. I have not tested it as thoroughly as Kelrugem usually does as I don't know this code as well.
    There were certain functions in the code that were referenced and no longer exist. I have updated that code to reference the newer functions and made small changes necessary to support this.

EDIT: reuploaded to simplify the 'on load announcement' approach (which saves .7KB! -- almost 2% of the filesize!)

EDIT2: reuploaded because I had made a mistake

EDIT3: updated to be medium instead of large (but made it 26pt rather than 24).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by bmos; February 25th, 2021 at 01:33.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This version is tentatively compatible. I have not tested it as thoroughly as Kelrugem usually does as I don't know this code as well.
    There were certain functions in the code that were referenced and no longer exist. I have updated that code to reference the newer functions and made small changes necessary to support this.

EDIT: reuploaded to simplify the 'on load announcement' approach (which saves .7KB! -- almost 2% of the filesize!)
    Thank you for your work

Yeah, the height extension is probably one of my first extensions I update again, once I have time for it That is gladly easier to maintain than other extensions, but still so much to do right now for me aside the extensions (and with your version I basically do not need to update anything anymore related to the last patch, hehe )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Thank you for your work

Yeah, the height extension is probably one of my first extensions I update again, once I have time for it That is gladly easier to maintain than other extensions, but still so much to do right now for me aside the extensions (and with your version I basically do not need to update anything anymore related to the last patch, hehe )
    And with these new functions, it should be pretty easy to handle getting a ruleset-independent correct range indication including height!
    Although, a 5E check should be included since 5E is non-euclidean (you just use the longest leg). Hopefully, since I did the compatibility fixes, you can focus on the fun stuff

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    And with these new functions, it should be pretty easy to handle getting a ruleset-independent correct range indication including height!
    Although, a 5E check should be included since 5E is non-euclidean (you just use the longest leg). Hopefully, since I did the compatibility fixes, you can focus on the fun stuff
    Yup, I was also already thinking about including those new functions

yeah, I want to combine the height measure in the distance measure similar to the x-y-plane Basically using the same diagonal multiplier as in the plane, then it should automatically cater settings of rulesets, like the uniform norm of the standard 5e setting

(Like Moon Wizard wrote here too https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post566763 )

EDIT: I've linked your version at the beginning in the first post
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 18th, 2021 at 12:53.

yeah, I want to combine the height measure in the distance measure similar to the x-y-plane Basically using the same diagonal multiplier as in the plane, then it should automatically cater settings of rulesets, like the uniform norm of the standard 5e setting

(Like Moon Wizard wrote here too https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post566763 )

EDIT: I've linked your version at the beginning in the first post
    Oh, if that variable is stored in a consistent place between rulesets that would be very conventient!
    Neat, hopefully I did everything right

EDIT: I did not do everything right
    But now I think I did! I replaced the attachment on that original post.
    Last edited by bmos; February 20th, 2021 at 02:39.

Did some research into this. Looks like you have also (as I saw some comments of yours).
    Seems like the main difficulty will be getting the height value, since only token position data is passed to the function for calculating targeting distance. It will have to search through all the tokens and see which one matches the location. This is somewhat an issue since it will not be able to distinguish between stacked tokens (although this can be avoided by un-snapping the tokens and offsetting them slightly which has the added benefit of making it easier to move and target them).

It's looking like you might not need to do this after all. This has moved up to 6th place on the wishlist!
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135361
    Last edited by bmos; February 26th, 2021 at 20:39.

Hi

Finally I had time to update You can find the new working versions in the first post Thanks to bmos for the initial work, there was just some things left in the tokenManager stuff

I wanted to thank you so much for this ext and for all those in the past who have worked on this awesome ext and helped keep it updated.

I seem to be having an error issue. I narrowed it down. I am using FGU. 5e. With this latest update just posted. It is in a new campaign and the only ext enabled is Height. This the error code I am receiving:
    [3/1/2021 12:04:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:135: attempt to index a nil value

The error pops up when I assess a map from the Images Side Bar Buttons. On the map is a first level character that was put there from the CT.
    When I place the character from the CT initially and adjusted the height it worked without any errors. I then logged off.
    It's when I logged back on and accessed the image with the PC left on the map while still in the CT is when the error occurred. Every time I closed the map and reopened the map with the character left on the map and left in the CT triggered the error. When I deleted the token from the map, and the CT and replaced the character back in the CT and to the map the error went away. However if I would log off with that character left on the map and in the CT and logged back on I would receive that same error when accessing that map with the character that had been left there from before.
    With some more testing I was able to narrow it down a bit further. The test campaign I had set up I had used a class I had built in FGU. The Class is called Ninja. I have built many classes in FGU and I have not had any errors concerning them until now.
    Your ext gives no errors when I use a fighter or any other standard classes. It seems I only receive the error from the homebrew class I had exported from my main campaign and using the exported mod in the test campaign. I hope this isn't to confusing.
    I took it one step further. I placed a Fighter and my ninja class in the CT and from the CT on the map. Adjusted the height for both classes no errors. Open and close the map no errors. Logged off leaving both the fighter and the ninja in the CT and on the map. Logged back on. Accessed the map with the Fighter and the ninja and received the error.
    Deleted the ninja from the map. Closed the map. opened the map no error.
    For some reason the initial placing of a homebrew class works fine when left on a map and CT. I can open and close no problem. Only when I leave the hombrew class on a map in the CT and log off and log back on and access the map this error occurs.
    Again thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegar View Post
    I wanted to thank you so much for this ext and for all those in the past who have worked on this awesome ext and helped keep it updated.

I seem to be having an error issue. I narrowed it down. I am using FGU. 5e. With this latest update just posted. It is in a new campaign and the only ext enabled is Height. This the error code I am receiving:
    [3/1/2021 12:04:02 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_height.lua"]:135: attempt to index a nil value

The error pops up when I assess a map from the Images Side Bar Buttons. On the map is a first level character that was put there from the CT.
    When I place the character from the CT initially and adjusted the height it worked without any errors. I then logged off.
    It's when I logged back on and accessed the image with the PC left on the map while still in the CT is when the error occurred. Every time I closed the map and reopened the map with the character left on the map and left in the CT triggered the error. When I deleted the token from the map, and the CT and replaced the character back in the CT and to the map the error went away. However if I would log off with that character left on the map and in the CT and logged back on I would receive that same error when accessing that map with the character that had been left there from before.
    With some more testing I was able to narrow it down a bit further. The test campaign I had set up I had used a class I had built in FGU. The Class is called Ninja. I have built many classes in FGU and I have not had any errors concerning them until now.
    Your ext gives no errors when I use a fighter or any other standard classes. It seems I only receive the error from the homebrew class I had exported from my main campaign and using the exported mod in the test campaign. I hope this isn't to confusing.
    I took it one step further. I placed a Fighter and my ninja class in the CT and from the CT on the map. Adjusted the height for both classes no errors. Open and close the map no errors. Logged off leaving both the fighter and the ninja in the CT and on the map. Logged back on. Accessed the map with the Fighter and the ninja and received the error.
    Deleted the ninja from the map. Closed the map. opened the map no error.
    For some reason the initial placing of a homebrew class works fine when left on a map and CT. I can open and close no problem. Only when I leave the hombrew class on a map in the CT and log off and log back on and access the map this error occurs.
    Again thank you for your time.
    ok I figured out what was causing the error.
    When I created the test campaign to try new things for example your ext...
    I forgot to name the first level ninja.
    After I named it Player 3 no errors. ugh!
    Total user error! sorry for the wall of text and thanks again for such an awesome ext.

Thread Information