FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 26 First ... 91011121321 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Minethulhu View Post
    This is only partially working for me, but I am almost positive it is my environment.

What works:
    no key + mouse wheel = does nothing (as expected)
    ctrl + mouse wheel = change token orientation
    alt + mouse wheel = change token size

What doesn't work:
    shift + mouse wheel = it does nothing (and is really the whole point of this extension)

This is with *only* this extension loaded with the 5E ruleset. However, I very much suspect it is the way I am running that is causing my issues.

MacOS 10.15.7 (since Apple dropped 32-bit support, I can no longer run 32-bit Fantasy Grounds Classic directly, thus...)
    Parallels Desktop 15
    Windows 10
    Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11

I'm *assuming* Parallels is either redirecting or blocking the shift + mouse wheel input prior to getting to FG. Anybody seen this issue? Any pointers on testing? I've made some minor tweaks to my parallels config, but so far no luck.

When I have time and am not multitasking with other applications, I'll reboot directly into Windows to confirm this works. Either that or I'll have a remote player test this natively on Windows while I'm running as "normal".
    Yes, some pages before someone else was reporting that it is not (only partially) working for Mac; I asked whether someone can help me to adjust the extension for Macs, but so far I could not adjust it, I am also not sure whether it is possible to adjust this in an extension But I hope that there is a solution

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yes, some pages before someone else was reporting that it is not (only partially) working for Mac; I asked whether someone can help me to adjust the extension for Macs, but so far I could not adjust it, I am also not sure whether it is possible to adjust this in an extension But I hope that there is a solution
    Interesting. I'm running through a windows virtual machine on a mac (rather than running windows natively). It appears whatever MacOS is doing, it is interfering with even a virtual operating system.

I did have one of my players on Windows see if they could change token heights on their end with my current setup. It also didn't work for them. We both noted normal mousewheel does nothing (as expected) and could use Ctrl - Mouse Wheel to change facing, so I assume we are doing this right. I still need to try booting natively to Windows.

There's another extension that does height and a bunch more things (I believe something like combat enhancer + token helper). That one also doesn't work (for setting token height), so I suspect the two are capturing mouse scroll wheel input in a similar way.
    Last edited by Minethulhu; October 22nd, 2020 at 20:53.

Interesting. I'm running through a windows virtual machine on a mac (rather than running windows natively). It appears whatever MacOS is doing, it is interfering with even a virtual operating system.

I did have one of my players on Windows see if they could change token heights on their end with my current setup. It also didn't work for them. We both noted normal mousewheel does nothing (as expected) and could use Ctrl - Mouse Wheel to change facing, so I assume we are doing this right. I still need to try booting natively to Windows.

There's another extension that does height and a bunch more things (I believe something like combat enhancer + token helper). That one also doesn't work (for setting token height), so I suspect the two are capturing mouse scroll wheel input in a similar way.
    hmmm, very strange. How do you add the tokens? Do you add them from the CT? That is important, otherwise the code cannot add a height label Pure naked tokens can have no overlays (as far as I know)

hmmm, very strange. How do you add the tokens? Do you add them from the CT? That is important, otherwise the code cannot add a height label Pure naked tokens can have no overlays (as far as I know)
    All tokens were from CT. I tried on a PC, a Draft Horse and a wagon (that had a spot on the CT). I believe my player only tried on his own PC.

I can try again if you wish, but I think I did things right.

All tokens were from CT. I tried on a PC, a Draft Horse and a wagon (that had a spot on the CT). I believe my player only tried on his own PC.

I can try again if you wish, but I think I did things right.
    Hm, I think that there might be indeed some bug, Blackfoot reported some similar bug also some pages ago, but I can sadly not reproduce it, hence, I suspect that it might be caused by something external, maybe a special programme used for defining hotkeys etc., I am not sure.

Can you maybe try one of the other extensions here from the first page? Of a different size. Not that one of these is accidentally wrong for whatever reason while I have the correct code in my own environment

Hm, I think that there might be indeed some bug, Blackfoot reported some similar bug also some pages ago, but I can sadly not reproduce it, hence, I suspect that it might be caused by something external, maybe a special programme used for defining hotkeys etc., I am not sure.

Can you maybe try one of the other extensions here from the first page? Of a different size. Not that one of these is accidentally wrong for whatever reason while I have the correct code in my own environment
    I already tried both normal and large versions of the extensions.

I did find something which I believe is the cause of the problem. On MacOS shift-mouse wheel allows you to scroll horizontally (on screens with that have a left-right scroll). Presumably the OS is intercepting the call. I'm not seeing any option in System Preferences for MacOS to disable this "feature". Any chance to change keys?

Without this extension mousewheel alone changes facing.
    With this extension, both CTRL-mousewheel and ALT-mousewheel work to change orientation and change token size (forget which order).
    I currently have command-mousewheel (command is like the windows key and should be on all macs) set to zoom in and out on my mac screen, but this can be disabled.

Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?
    In FG Unity, I know we just handled that special case on Mac (Shift + mouse wheel translating to horizontal scroll is intercepted back to standard wheel with modifier key).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you using FG Classic or FG Unity?
    In FG Unity, I know we just handled that special case on Mac (Shift + mouse wheel translating to horizontal scroll is intercepted back to standard wheel with modifier key).

Regards,
    JPG
    FG Classic. I do have a FGU license, but it's like herding cats to get my players to move...

I already tried both normal and large versions of the extensions.

I did find something which I believe is the cause of the problem. On MacOS shift-mouse wheel allows you to scroll horizontally (on screens with that have a left-right scroll). Presumably the OS is intercepting the call. I'm not seeing any option in System Preferences for MacOS to disable this "feature". Any chance to change keys?

Without this extension mousewheel alone changes facing.
    With this extension, both CTRL-mousewheel and ALT-mousewheel work to change orientation and change token size (forget which order).
    I currently have command-mousewheel (command is like the windows key and should be on all macs) set to zoom in and out on my mac screen, but this can be disabled.
    Sadly, I think I can only put things on shift, ctrl and alt :/ The only thing I can really suggest is to switch to unity because of its native Mac support; but I sadly had no time yet to update this extension to unity sadly

Sadly, I think I can only put things on shift, ctrl and alt :/ The only thing I can really suggest is to switch to unity because of its native Mac support; but I sadly had no time yet to update this extension to unity sadly
    Since I know these work with Fantasy Grounds while interacting with tokens from the CT (some with and some without your extension):

no modifier key + mouse wheel
    CTRL + mouse wheel
    ALT + mouse wheel

and only this doesn't appear to work:

SHIFT + mouse wheel

Would it be possible to have your modifier key mapping configurable in the settings menu of Fantasy Grounds? Since we only need 3 modifiers and we have 4 to choose from (assuming "no modifier" is viable) this might be an option to make this work. It should probably default to current configuration to not confuse current users, but assuming this works, it "might" (possibly big assumption) make this work on a mac.

No hurry or pressure if you have other life commitments. I recognize this might be a big ask for potentially a small (and maybe shrinking) portion of your users, so I can survive by fudging and making scribbles on the map as I have in the past...

Thread Information