DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 99 of 100 First ... 4989979899100 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitsend View Post
    Only bug I am now chasing is that when I open an NPC Sheet I get the console dropdown with an error message---but everything seems to work right.
    You should post the error, maybe someone will recognize the script name and can point you to the right extension.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    You should post the error, maybe someone will recognize the script name and can point you to the right extension.
    Hi BMOS,

I was able to isolate the error to "NPC and Companions"
    I sent an email to the extension author, MostTornBrain

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the handling of the portrait/token inputs.
    Something changed in the character sheet for NPC's has triggered an anchor error for something that no longer exists.
    QUOTE:
    [ERROR] window: Control (cohorts] anchoring to an undefined control (contentframe) in windowclass (npc)
    Endquote
    Blocking the error message shows that the error isn't fatal...all other functionality of the extension seems to work....still playing with it to try and narrow down what the extension problem is to allow author to fix.

However, last update was 561 days ago so I'm worried that the author is not active.

I should have time to dig into the extension, perhaps with rmilmine's help, to root out the error and fix it and offer it up for users.

Also, just checked and there is a thread:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-Pathfinder-1e

and a helpful soul by the name of DonE66 is working on it and has a patch to the extension that eliminates the anchoring error but removes some functionality (NPC having a cohort)...that won't matter in my campaign.

Whitsend.
    Last edited by Whitsend; March 20th, 2024 at 00:31.

Whitesend, I found this worked for me but I also see you mentioned fixing it too. In response to your earlier thoughts;

"Cohorts and Companions (think there is a bug with this....have to use /console skip to keep error message at bay, but otherwise seems to be working----will be doing more testing to localize that error)"

Try this
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...mpanions/page7

Quote Originally Posted by rmilmine View Post
    I apologize. Your are correct, I missed it in the list. I thought I searched better than I did.
    Ah, absolutely no problem I actually also forget some features over time, in particular those which I added after a user request and which I am not using so often myself Actually, after you asked, I had to check the Forge page to see whether I merged these extensions (For me personally one of the other great things with the Forge; one can use it as a handbook for extensions)

If by buttons, if you are meaning the "Clear Save Overlays" and "Clear Wounds Overlays" buttons, that likely is not a problem as all my players are adults and usually act like it
    But I can see what you mean by the overlays disappearing all the time if the PC's hit the buttons.
    We rely on the blood splatter and death markers to track difficult terrain movement......so that is a possible issue if someone clears those.
    Thanks for your testing

About the death markers: These should not be affected by my buttons, my buttons are mostly about the overlays (in particular to reset their behaviour if overlays do not appear anymore, as it can happen when you close the campaign while there are tokens with overlays on a map; then it can happen that the overlays are "blocked" for a while when you restart the campaign later on. Some open issue I was not yet able to solve; I have to figure out how to rerender overlays after a restart ) Really turning off overlays is only possible via the settings and players cannot affect this part of the settings And I actually think that the buttons may actually not do anything on the players' side besides being clickable So, I think there are no worries besides that it would look better if there are none of these buttons for the players

OK, tested Extended Automation with Overlays and Alternative Overlays
    Works in all 3 views, and buttons continue to work in all three views.
    I've tested as much of the extended automation to make sure it is still working.....and that all looks to be working
    I think I also managed to go through my PC's and remove "force" from the DMGTYPE's from where they would be able to bypass DR (They are mythic characters).
    Then went back and confirmed ghost touch and bypass were operational----yippee!

If by buttons, if you are meaning the "Clear Save Overlays" and "Clear Wounds Overlays" buttons, that likely is not a problem as all my players are adults and usually act like it
    But I can see what you mean by the overlays disappearing all the time if the PC's hit the buttons.
    We rely on the blood splatter and death markers to track difficult terrain movement......so that is a possible issue if someone clears those.

OK ---for those interested I also did compatibility testing with a lot of extensions---this is the list of what I am currently running all at the same time:
    Advanced Charsheet
    Advanced Effects
    Advanced Item Actions
    Attack Modifiers
    Attack on Hit Effects
    Aura Effects
    Clear Dead
    Clock Adjuster
    Close Encounters
    Cohorts and Companions (think there is a bug with this....have to use /console skip to keep error message at bay, but otherwise seems to be working----will be doing more testing to localize that error)
    Customized Item Generator
    Drain and Permanent Bonuses
    Effect Builder
    Effect Builder Plugin- 3.5e/Pathfinder
    Enhanced Items
    Extended AC Bonus Types
    Extended Automation and alternative Overlays
    Extra Actions
    Extra Stat to Saves
    Extraplanar Containers
    Harrow Deck
    Hit Margins
    Inventory Identified
    Malady Tracker
    Mythic Support
    Natural Selection
    Party Inventory Weight (Party has a portable hole, so not such a big issue now)
    Requested Rolls
    Size Changes
    Spell Action Info
    Spell Failure
    Spell Record Actions
    Turbo
    Upgrade NPC Actions
    THEME: FG Dark (customized for colors and to make the buttons show up better- thanks to help from rmilmine for showing me where the assets were and how to edit them safely)
    Always Sensitive Visibility
    Automatic XP Advancement
    Combat Modifier Calculation
    Constant Effect Apply
    Core RPG - Better Menus
    Enhanced Items for 3.5E and Pathfinder
    Mirror Image Handler
    Remove Effect Tag
    Select On Turn

So, a lot of good programming out there as these extensions all seem to meld nicely.
    Only bug I am now chasing is that when I open an NPC Sheet I get the console dropdown with an error message---but everything seems to work right. Using "/console skip" eliminates the issue for playability....
    So when you see my earlier post of why I am afraid of the "UPDATE" button being red, you know why!

Whitsend.
    Iv'e been using Fantasy Grounds for a couple years now, and I've collected most of these add-ons as well
    They make PF1 so much easier to run, but I had a question, I ran across the TURBO mod maybe six or so months ago and thought, I'll give it a try and see if it's beneficial
    And by that point I had learned to back everything up before messing around and I'm glad I did because TURBO completely destroyed my campaign

I tested it and it threw up a mountain of errors, and so I removed it and it was still completely corrupted
    Maybe it was during a patch time when something was wrong?

But I wanted to ask your opinion on it, does it really help?

OK, tested Extended Automation with Overlays and Alternative Overlays
    Works in all 3 views, and buttons continue to work in all three views.
    I've tested as much of the extended automation to make sure it is still working.....and that all looks to be working

Whitsend.
    Hey Whitsend,

When you tested the buttons, does that include the "Clear targets, Target friendly Units, and Target Enemy Units" buttons? As those are not working for me at all. And this is with just the overlays mod active. It does not even work as a GM.

-Elaith

Correction: Those buttons do not work with any mods loaded. This for for PF1e, can someone else confirm, to make sure it is not something on my end - Thanks.
    Last edited by Elaith; March 21st, 2024 at 02:51.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    Hey Whitsend,

When you tested the buttons, does that include the "Clear targets, Target friendly Units, and Target Enemy Units" buttons? As those are not working for me at all. And this is with just the overlays mod active. It does not even work as a GM.

-Elaith

Correction: Those buttons do not work with any mods loaded. This for for PF1e, can someone else confirm, to make sure it is not something on my end - Thanks.
    Did you have any enemy token etc. on the map, and did you select a token on the map? You have to have a token selected and, I think, these buttons only select the corresponding targets on the same map (but I didn't test it yet, maybe there is indeed a problem in the base ruleset)

My extension should certainly not overwrite these buttons (in fact, it did originally, but with the newest patch I do not need to overwrite the whole toolbar anymore; in that sense the new FG patch helped me making my extension more compatible)

Yep I had a few PC / Enemy Mobs, made sure the token was selected, then hit the target all / clear targets, and nothing. But I am quite sure it is not this mod, as I turned everything off, and still having issue. Just trying to get a confirmation it is not me, but I am going to make a post in the forums about this, as it appears to be an issue after the latest update.

*Update* I reported this in healing hands forum, and a Dev was able to replicate.
    Last edited by Elaith; March 21st, 2024 at 03:47.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaith View Post
    Hey Whitsend,

-Elaith

I noticed last night during our game session that the Target Allies and Target all Enemies and clear buttons were not functional. The Select button was working fine.

When I tested I was checking I was focused on the map control buttons that were previously non-functional.
    I was focused on a lot of Extension compatibility checks....so I missed this...the Buttons' click but don't do anything.

My Bad
    I see a fresh update...time to back up my FGU ....
    Back to testing!....
    OK-- as a GM ALL THE BUTTONS ARE WORKING......including "Target Allies", "Target Foes" and "Clear Targeting"
    So, now I have to log into my own game and see if it works as a player

Whittsend.
    Last edited by Whitsend; March 21st, 2024 at 22:58.

Thread Information