DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 88 of 100 First ... 3878868788899098 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    I would agree that both these PF rules are not what I would use at my table.

ATK negative from start of turn 1 until start of turn 2 makes sense and is cleaner.

Using Flatfooted (a set rule that is used all over PF) over a unique rule that adds little to nothing and must be calculated on every new target seems way better as it is otherwise work intensive for no real benefit. I would allow 1 feint attempt per turn and use FF or I would say use feint on any attack, but IF you fail the attempt, you can no longer attempt for rest of round and your attacks are all -1 or 2 for the remaining attacks this round. Feint is already a PitA as the DC must be manually calculated per target by the DM and the player can't roll Skill checks directly from the Actions tab.

Unfortunately, since I am making a mod, I have to stick to the RAW rules. I can deal with the 2 weapon fighting, the player just turns it on/off as needed, just like TTrpg. Unfortunately, the Feint issue means the DM must look up the target's DEX bonus and then tell the player and the player then adjusts his attack, what a PitA. My goal is to never bug the DM for this type of thing. FGU should be able to return that info automatically and also be able to use the info in its computations IMO.

SO, if you choose to tackle either of these, a way to effect target ability data would be great. or a way of essentially doing Flatfooted that only drops DEX would be great.
    I see, I will think about it once my I got more time in a bit over one week (I think I will take some days off from work, then I will update my extensions and so on)

wish you well for your upcoming stuff.

Does anyone know if either CLC or SR can be used to handle Spell Penetration feat (+2CLC towards overcoming SR only) right now I have it as a turn on effect of CLC:2 on next roll. and that works great, but my DM does not give out info on if a critter has SR. so essentially the player would have to manually add the CLC:2 effect before casting any spell and then turn it off. It can't be always on as it only gives to bonus for overcoming SR.

OR I guess I could have it always on and give an effect button that gives -2 CLC for 1 roll if a non spell resistance CLC roll is needed.

Just wanted to make sure I couldn't do an always on SR:-2 to any target I cast at.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    wish you well for your upcoming stuff.

Does anyone know if either CLC or SR can be used to handle Spell Penetration feat (+2CLC towards overcoming SR only) right now I have it as a turn on effect of CLC:2 on next roll. and that works great, but my DM does not give out info on if a critter has SR. so essentially the player would have to manually add the CLC:2 effect before casting any spell and then turn it off. It can't be always on as it only gives to bonus for overcoming SR.

OR I guess I could have it always on and give an effect button that gives -2 CLC for 1 roll if a non spell resistance CLC roll is needed.

Just wanted to make sure I couldn't do an always on SR:-2 to any target I cast at.
    Yeah, I think your second version works best; depends a bit on the players, but I think CLCs are mostly for spell resistance (not always, but most of the time), right? So, just turning it off or applying a negative effect for the other occasions sound best

Thanks. I am learning A ton doing this, and I haven't gotten to any critiques yet

One problem with carrying the extensions I do, is I am not always sure whos extension added certain functionality. I was wondering If it would be difficult to add a BAB option somewhere in this save area: BAB to save.PNG several of the ____ Critical feats require a fort Save with a DC 10+your BAB. (staggering critical as an example) I can use Fixed but of course it then needs manually edited every level or so.

And is there an easy way to make a character immune to being flatfooted. looking to make Blind fighting work from the players side so the invisible creature (ATK:2; CA; TCONC) can attack a target normally and then attack a blind fighting opponent without their FF bonuses. The reroll the TCONC is easy to do manually.

But this...
    An invisible attacker gets no advantages related to hitting you in melee. That is, you don't lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class, and the attacker doesn't get the usual +2 bonus for being invisible. The invisible attacker's bonuses do still apply for ranged attacks, however.
    this part specifically is a little more tricky, can add this to counteract FF... AC:2;AC: [DEX]; but I can't return dodge AC bonus unless we add it manually so say a dodge of 1 -> AC:2 melee;AC:[DEX] melee;AC:1 melee and the last AC must be edited to = the players total dodge bonus. then turn that on during the invisible critters attack?
    Last edited by Morenu; August 30th, 2023 at 18:12.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Greetings gents! I see the very two gentlemen to whom I wish to speak are already talking here today, and awaiting my arrival ;-)

I won't go through the entire background motivation (@Morenu has already seen it), but suffice to say that I am finally converting my decade-old Rise of the Runelords campaign to FGU and am beginning to bring on all the fabulous work (in the form of custom extensions and modules) that you all do.

To wit: I started with @Zarestia's "Feature: Advanced Charsheet" extension (no errors), and now am adding @Kelrugem's "Feature: Extended automation and overlays" (errors!). My complete extension list is currently:

Feature: Advanced Bestiary Templates
    Feature: Advanced Charsheet
    Feature: Extended automation and overlays
    Theme: Pathfinder - Official

The log entry I see with "Feature: Extended automation and overlays" is:

[8/30/2023 9:55:02 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 3.9620749
    [8/30/2023 9:55:03 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "Full OverlayPackage:..s/manager_combat2.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSpaceReachFromActorSizeKey' (a nil value)
    [8/30/2023 9:55:03 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.0010363 - Animal Pogs

(also, if I instead load the "Feature: Extended automation and alternative overlays" extension I see the following log entry instead:

[8/30/2023 9:53:38 AM] MEASURE: LOAD - PART 1 - 4.4880997
    [8/30/2023 9:53:40 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "..h alternative icons:..manager_combat2.lua"]:14: attempt to call field 'setDefaultSpaceReachFromActorSizeKey' (a nil value)
    [8/30/2023 9:53:40 AM] MEASURE: MODULE LOAD - 0.002024 - Animal Pogs

Thoughts?

Thanks!

- s.west
    Last edited by swest; August 30th, 2023 at 18:24. Reason: Oops! I had the log entries backwards, and I misattributed Zarestia's extension.

LOL nope nope nope... NOT my advanced character sheet! edit that before Zarestia sees that!

You came into FGU exactly at the wrong day if you are playing with extensions. SW just released a new version that we know will break several extensions. Give it a week for the modders to catch up. Of course if you figure out something exactly and can reproduce it then report it to the author, but otherwise I advise turning on extensions 1 at a time and reload to see if errors occur.

As you did above

I did not update if you want to see 40 or so extensions working harmoniously

(crossing posts)

p.s.

FYI, I failed to mention that I disabled all extensions, save "Feature: Extended automation and overlays", and saw the same results.

- s.west

@Morenu wrote:

> NOT my advanced character sheet! edit that before Zarestia sees that!

D'Oh! So sorry!! I was in such a hurry to get some of these questions posted that I just got ahead of myself, and wasn't paying proper attention.

Thanks for the correction.

- s.west

@swest: Did you update recently? Sorry, you may have missed my post last week: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post695855
    I have to update my extensions for incompatibilities with the newest patch from Tuesday But I have no time yet to do so It may take a week or two until I can, until then my extensions will be probably incompatible I am sorry, I am extremely busy right now (working non-stop, no weekends and not a lot of free time currently)

No worries, at all. I did not really avail myself of any current events before jumping into this.

I forget, is there any way to downgrade my FGU to a previous release? I'm not even sure I would want to try it, but I thought I'd ask. If not, I'll be happy to wait until everything is reconciled.

Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers,

- s.west

Thread Information