STAR TREK 2d20
Page 64 of 100 First ... 1454626364656674 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something basic but can't quite get this to work. Help!!!

I'm attempting to create and effect that does ongoing damage at the rate of 1 per every odd caster level (I.E. 1 at 1st, 2 at 3rd, 3 at 5th, etc). But I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

DMGO:[HCL] and DMGO:[d2CL] both increase damage at every even level. But I can't figure out the syntax for every odd level.
    Just a thought, maybe

DMGO:[HCL] [-1]

I have a
    STR:[-1d6] [-HCL5] (For a failed save on a CL8 player to get 1d6+4)

STR:[-1d3] [-HCL5] [2] (For a successful save on a CL8 player to get 1d3+2)

on a different effect but that works after level 1 just change the -2 to 1/4CL
    Last edited by Morenu; July 6th, 2022 at 02:16.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Just a thought, maybe

DMGO:[HCL] [-1]

I have a
    STR:[-1d6] [-HCL5] (For a failed save on a CL8 player to get 1d6+4)

STR:[-1d3] [-HCL5] [2] (For a successful save on a CL8 player to get 1d3+2)

on a different effect but that works after level 1 just change the -2 to 1/4CL
    Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that won't work. Any combination of [HCL] still adjusts on even numbered levels. Adding or subtracting 1 just changes where the problem first occurs.

Take DMGO:[HCL] [-1] as an example. This would return the following results CL 1 = 1/2 + 1 = 1 -- Good; CL 2 = 2/2 + 1 = 2 -- Bad; CL 3 = 3/2 + 1 = 2 -- Good; CL 4 = 4/2 + 1 = 3 -- Bad

What I really need to do is increase the CL by one, then half it. But I cannot figure out the syntax to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by dllewell View Post
    Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately that won't work. Any combination of [HCL] still adjusts on even numbered levels. Adding or subtracting 1 just changes where the problem first occurs.

Take DMGO:[HCL] [-1] as an example. This would return the following results CL 1 = 1/2 + 1 = 1 -- Good; CL 2 = 2/2 + 1 = 2 -- Bad; CL 3 = 3/2 + 1 = 2 -- Good; CL 4 = 4/2 + 1 = 3 -- Bad

What I really need to do is increase the CL by one, then half it. But I cannot figure out the syntax to do that.
    I can look at that once I have time I rarely use these tags so that I would need to check the official and my wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I can look at that once I have time I rarely use these tags so that I would need to check the official and my wiki
    If it helps any, what I am trying to do is basically the same thing that you can do when you choose 'Odd CLs' in the 'Multi X Stat' box of the DURATION section of an Effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The new big patch was released. From now on my extension is again incompatible with the current rulesets' versions until I find time to look at everything

first, I have NOT updated since the right before the July12th update, so I am hoping someone will test this on a fully updated load and see if it is still an issue (we are waiting on Kelrugem's extensions to be updated).

Zarestia's Spell Record Action's ext and Kelrugem's Extended Overlays Ext loaded together cause CL modifier to stop working. It works as intended with Kelrugem's extension alone.

CL:2 is not adding to the caster level as intended

CL conflict.JPG

I am replying to both Extension threads (Links on the forge pages)
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

Did you script magic missile to add 1d4 per odd caster level?

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    first, I have NOT updated since the right before the July12th update, so I am hoping someone will test this on a fully updated load and see if it is still an issue (we are waiting on Kelrugem's extensions to be updated).

Zarestia's Spell Record Action's ext and Kelrugem's Extended Overlays Ext loaded together cause CL modifier to stop working. It works as intended with Kelrugem's extension alone.

CL:2 is not adding to the caster level as intended

CL conflict.JPG

I am replying to both Extension threads (Links on the forge pages)
    Thanks for reporting. I changed the loadorder of my SRA extension to be below Kel's and haven't encountered any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Did you script magic missile to add 1d4 per odd caster level?
    No I set my spell action bar (?) CL at 1, added a CL:2 effect on the mage and fired off a burning hands. should give 3d4 but only gave 1d4 (see the CL config jpg in my post). worked fine without spell record action loaded

Thread Information