STAR TREK 2d20
Page 54 of 100 First ... 444525354555664 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    The rules for uncanny dodge are poorly worded, we misunderstood it for several years.

The flat footed condition only applies to characters that has not yet acted in combat.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...OC-Flat-Footed

Uncanny dodge helps in that case. And it helps vs invisible.

Most or all other abilities has the wording : "denied its Dexterity bonus to AC"
    Uncanny dodge does not help vs those abilities, like climbing, swashbucklers superior feint, and others.

I am not sure what is the best way of doing modifier buttons and uncanny dodge, either way is fine I think.
    Thanks for the explanation

Hm, thinking a bit about it, the FF button may be indeed mainly used for general CA then actually (since the start of the combat is just a moment of time, most of the time people are not flatfooted; at least it was rarer in my games). So, I either change the behaviour or I add a separate CA button (or I even relabel the FF button to CA) I will think a bit about it, maybe someone else has a better idea

Another small update: Uncanny dodge now also negates every flat-footed/flatfooted effect on the carrier of the uncanny dodge ability (I completely forgot that there is also an effect for this; use GRANTCA if you want that the uncanny dodge person should loose Dex to AC. The automatic apply of flatfooted effects at the combat start is still suppressed in that case, but one could of course still manually apply such effects and I didn't think about that)

Updated the big update posts resembling that

Wow!! Great work Kelrugem!

*updates happily* Great, thanks

...and I get a nasty error :S

Any time I use a spell of effect, it doesn't work and I get "ERROR; script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]: 303: attempt to get length of local 'sToSplit' (a userdata value)

or same as above but "37: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nAdvantage' (a nil value)

or "361: attempt to perrform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value) when I try to use an attack
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; January 11th, 2022 at 15:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    *updates happily* Great, thanks

...and I get a nasty error :S

Any time I use a spell of effect, it doesn't work and I get "ERROR; script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_string.lua"]: 303: attempt to get length of local 'sToSplit' (a userdata value)

or same as above but "37: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'nAdvantage' (a nil value)

or "361: attempt to perrform arithmetic on local 'nADVATK' (a nil value) when I try to use an attack
    Did you turn off other extensions? The advanced effects extension by rmilmine and bmos is right now incompatible with my extension for example And the first error is also from another extension since I cannot reproduce it So, very likely incompatibilities now; beware, it was a very big patch from my side, it certainly introduces incompatibilities
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 11th, 2022 at 15:51.

ok let me try it out o.o

ok if I disable advanced effects it works. Thank you! *__*

Now I'll have to re-script all magic items again on every pc/npc but one can't have everything...
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; January 11th, 2022 at 15:55.

Advanced Effects update coming out later today or tomorrow
    It's half done but I need to go to work!

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Advanced Effects update coming out later today or tomorrow
    It's half done but I need to go to work!
    thanks a lot and sorry for the trouble with compatibility

New Update for extended automation ones: There are new scripts for modifier buttons by SmiteWorks. Hence, the extension's buttons are now better sorted

Additionally, there is also a new Combat Adv. (Combat Advantage) modifier button in the "Attack" category. This negates Dex and dodge bonuses to the target's AC and negates dodge bonuses to reflex saves if one rolls the save manually from the sheet. So, this button is similar to the Flat-Footed button, however it won't get negated by Uncanny Dodge. There is an empty space right to this button, I had to do this because left of the concealment buttons are also empty fields added by the ruleset; I can sadly not get rid of the ruleset's empty fields and so it always looked nasty and that was the best solution I was able to find

Furthermore, I added extra code for compatibility with Zarestia's extension (now really )

Thread Information