STAR TREK 2d20
Page 53 of 100 First ... 343515253545563 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    In my prototype extension I have finally updated everything such that it is again compatible with the current FG version; so, I will probably upload it soon in the next days

The following things were added by SmiteWorks in the last patches which I needed to inherit (especially their lack in the current extension's version is a form of incompatibility):

1. CC rolls doubling ATK effects was fixed

2. Save DCs were not calculated correctly if scaled by caster level (especially the misc bonus was not applied)

3. And the size entries are now respecting multiple lines

So, these new features coming from SmiteWorks will be finally also incorporated into my extension I wanted to mention it because someone may still report these bugs fixed by SmiteWorks while it may be due to that my extension is currently not fully compatible and up-to-date (hence, always unload extensions first if you want to report a bug)
    I am looking forward to it. Revert seems usefull

Sooo, finally the update comes! First of all: Thank you all for your patience I thought my life is a bit less hectic after my PhD, but the life as a postdoctoral researcher seems to be busy, too

Special thanks to Bmos, SoxMax, Cristmo, Rabidpaladin, Superteddy57 and Moon Wizard for their help in various parts of the following update

Moreover: The cheat sheet becomes deprecated. The forge website will now be designed to be the manual for my extension, also now adding examples of effects at the bottom of the forge's description This forum thread will be now mainly for bug reports etc. (so, as usual), but you will see that I edited the first two posts: The first post is mainly for long-term users. For long-term users it may be tedious to look through the full description of the forge website. Therefore the first post of this thread will always show the latest major update(s), such that it is easy for long-term users to figure out the latest new features
    The second post is mainly linking towards the original threads of my extension, where one can download the FGC versions if needed. I will probably deprecate these other threads, but I wait a bit because some people may use these other threads as a reminder for updates (in sense of, when I write something there, then users get notified)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 11th, 2022 at 11:38.

So, now the updates:

1. Updated to the newest ruleset version
    2. Compatibility with Zarestia's spell record actions extension
    3. Thanks to Rabidpaladin: Better NPC parsing of action and spell immunities, for example undead automaticall get their immunity against mindaffecting abilities, IFTAG: mindaffecting; SIMMUNE. Creature ability/spell immunities are parsed for constructs, dragons, elementals, ooze, plants, undead, and vermin.
    4. Thanks to Rabidpaladin: New special damage type, resisthalved, for halving enemies resistance
    5. Imported changes of the (dis)advantage extension: More aesthetic chat messages, showing dropped values, colouring dice (green for advantage, red for disadvantage), and the dice expression does now list the "non-doubled" dice (previously a d20 with advantage was shown as 2d20 while the result was just corresponding to 1d20 which was confusing to read but did not affect the calculations; now it shows instead as g20 (g for green) )
    6. New effects supporting (dis)advantage just for certain actions:
      Modifier Value Descriptor Notes
      ADVATK (-) [range], opportunity (T), advantage on attack rolls
      DISATK (-) [range], opportunity (T), disadvantage on attack rolls
      GRANTADVATK (-) [range], opportunity (T), grants advantage on attack rolls made against effects' carrier
      GRANTDISATK (-) [range], opportunity (T), grants disadvantage on attack rolls made against effects' carrier
      ADVINIT (-) - Advantage on initiative rolls
      DISINIT (-) - Disadvantage on intiative rolls
      ADVSAV (-) [save] (T), advantage on saving throws
      DISSAV (-) [save] (T), disadvantage on saving throws
    7. The KEEN effect got update, it is now compatible with IFTAG (as all effects should already be, but I missed KEEN previously), and it allows more descriptors:
      KEEN (-) [range], opportunity (T), doubles critical threat (originally by darrenan, thanks )
    8. Improving IF logic. The base ruleset does currently not account target information (like, IF: invisible won't return true if invisible is a targeted effect.) Now it caters for such things, too.
    9. Effects with damage types do now not just look at the first damage type, this just maters for DMG and DMGS effects. For example, in the base ruleset having the effect DMG: d6 fire; DMG: d10 fire, critical would originally lead to that the critical one will be merged with the non-crit one to fire, fire, critical dice. This leads mistakenly to that both fire damage dice will only be activated when having a crit. This is now fixed with this extension, avoiding erroneous merges of dice. (Originally this could be work-around'ed by using DMG: d6 fire; DMG: d10 critical, fire instead, since the merging only happens w.r.t. the first damage types)
    10. Thanks to Bmos: There was a separate extension by Bmos catering for the advantage on melee miss chance rolls when having the blind-fight feat. I incorporated this and expanded it to the full automation of Blind-Fight and Uncanny Dodge. How it works: Add Blind-Fight to the feat list of the (N)PC (do not forget the hyphen), and Uncanny Dodge to the class abilities for PCs or to special qualities for NPCs. Blind-Fight gives advantage on melee miss chance rolls and negates the bonuses of melee attacks made by invisible creatures (so, no +2 and no combat advantage for the attacker). Uncanny Dodge negates own flat-footed effects and the attacker's combat advantage, if the attacker is invisible or has pressed the flat-footed modifier button.
    11. New condition:
      Condition Description
      Ethereal Like invisible, but negating blind-fight

This effect is also listed in the effects' window under all the other condition buttons. You can use this condition for setting up spells like blink against which blind-fight does not help; however, uncanny dodge still works to negate the combat advantage of ethereal creatures.
    12. The basic ruleset did not add range descriptors to the damage chat messages of spells, leading to that effects like DMGS could not be restricted to just melee or ranged spells even though the wiki lists that these effects allow range descriptors. The extension fixes this and adds automation of range descriptors w.r.t. spells
    13. New effects:
      REVERT (-) [damage type], all (T), switches damage to heal and heal to damage; use REVERT: positive (or REVERT: all) to revert heals
      VSFORTIF (N) - (T), lowers all fortification effects of the opposed actor by the number N

A note about REVERT with respect to heals: It won't automatically cater for crits, and also not for injury damage if a failed save happened (for StrainInjury); these have to be handled manually right now. Reverted heals count as damage rolls having the damage types positive and spell. REVERT regarding damage rolls: I found it the most natural that REVERT is checked for after all damage effects affecting damage rolls are checked. Therefore, effects like IMMUNE and HRESIST lower the incoming damage roll and then it becomes reverted.
    14. Automatic parsing of REVERT: positive; REVERT: negative for undead.
    15. New damage type: vorpal. Add this damage type to critical damage dice to circumvent critical immunity. The basic ruleset blocks all critical dice if someone is immune to crits, although certain crits are still allowed; for example, mummies should still burn very well when using flaming burst. In that case use e.g. DMG: d10 fire, critical, vorpal, this defines a d10 fire damage die which is only activated by crits, and it will ignore critical immunity (but effects like fire immunity may still negate it).
    16. Fun with modifier buttons! The injury modifier button in the StrainInjury version now automatically adds the damage type injury to all damage dice. Moreover, you see three new modifier buttons: Advantage and Disadvantage ones in the category "General". These give advantage and disadvantage, respectively, to the next roll, overwrite any (dis)advantage effect in the CT. The third new modifier button is Accuracy in the "Damage" category. This is similar to the opportunity button but with respect to damage rolls. The DMG(S) effects now allow a third descriptor, accuracy, and pressing that modifier button or the Ctrl key will activate such damage effects. For example, write DMG: d6 precision, accuracy, and let your rogue press Ctrl or the accuracy modifier button in order to activate such effects. With this you do not need to turn off and on your sneak attack effects, now simply press a button while rolling damage.

Note: This may make the previous IFT: nodex approach obsolete, it was actually already not catering for all situations which is why I decided to add a modifier button instead I will keep nodex though in case you are already using it. In the long run, full automation may be probably achieved by coding precisionsimilar to critical, that is, the attack roll determines whether or not precision damage should be applied, and the following damage rolls automatically use those. But that is difficult to code, especially since it cannot be a complete copy&paste of the code behind critical hits.
      I decided to label the third button as accuracy instead of precision to avoid confusion with the damage type precision and to avoid that people think it works similar to critical mod button and its activation of critical effects, while one needs to add the accuracy as descriptor if one intends to use the corresponding button.
    17. Last and best update: The chat announcement of my extensions now show the important and mighty kobold bard Deekin Scalesinger

I already uploaded these to the forge, but I still need to edit the descriptions Thanks to Chaiwalla, Asgurgolas, and Croddwyn for providing examples of effects which will now also be added to the forge description (though not all effects may get carried over, depending on whether something changed after this update )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 11th, 2022 at 11:15.

I also cleaned up the IFTAG code Now the tags are listed in the cast chat message

Actually, this whole update is about cleaning up my code (and while I looked at my code I obviously added new thingies ) in order to have an easier start with finally adding skill actions. Cleaning my code was needed for an easier implementation for skill actions

Oh, last but not least: Currently I cannot add modifier buttons to existing categories, hence, the accuracy button is listed in a separate Damage category; but Moon Wizard intends to release new API soon such that I can merge the categories Maybe already tomorrow, I do not know

By the way, I am not sure whether it is a good decision that CA and GRANTCA can counter uncanny dodge; so, if you say it would be useful if uncanny dodge also prevents such effects, then please let me know (maybe only GRANTCA shall negate uncanny dodge?)

EDIT: Actually correct behaviour, thanks to Svandal's explanation
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 11th, 2022 at 11:37.

Sorry for the spam of my posts Just a too big update

Looking at your examples you provided some pages ago, I think one can now code sneak attacks like:

NIFT: nodex; DMG: 3d6 precision, accuracy
    IFT: nodex; DMG: 3d6 precision

So, one gets the sneak attack always if nodex applies. If the player triggers the accuracy as described above, then they get their sneak attack always, even if nodex fails to see that precision damage would be allowed (because of flanking or CA effects etc.). The NIFT assures that no stacking problems arise

By the way, I am not sure whether it is a good decision that CA and GRANTCA can counter uncanny dodge; so, if you say it would be useful if uncanny dodge also prevents such effects, then please let me know (maybe only GRANTCA shall negate uncanny dodge?)
    I do not think it is a good idea that uncanny dodge does negate the flat footed button at all. It makes it really hard or impossible to adjust it to flat footed after the hit was rolled and we forgot to apply it.

The only thing uncanny dodge prevents is at the start of combat before you act, and vs invisible.

It does not work vs everything else. Like feint, climbing. And there are a bunch of abilities that denies dex to ac.

Making the button not work in these situations sounds troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    I do not think it is a good idea that uncanny dodge does negate the flat footed button at all. It makes it really hard or impossible to adjust it to flat footed after the hit was rolled and we forgot to apply it.

The only thing uncanny dodge prevents is at the start of combat before you act, and vs invisible.

It does not work vs everything else. Like feint, climbing. And there are a bunch of abilities that denies dex to ac.

Making the button not work in these situations sounds troublesome.
    Thanks for your reply Good to know, so, you say my approach to CA and GRANTCA fits then? I was unsure how to read the description of Uncanny Dodge (and I think it is the same text for 3.5e/PF1); one way to read it gave me the impression that flat-footed and invisible negation are just examples, but I decided that it should just negate flatfooted and invisibility stuff Hence, gladly the code works then correctly, I think

But good point about the modifier button. I thought a lot about it, too, it depends on whether or not one wants that the mod buttons are superior, a way to force some behaviour regardless of any rules coming from the code. Then yes, it may be better that the flatfooted button is not negated. The counterexample for me though was a player hitting an NPC without knowing that the NPC has uncanny dodge. Then they'd press that button for a flat-footed situation and accidentally apply that condition on the NPC.
    Hence, why I thought the button should respect uncanny dodge, too, and one can then use CA effects for feint etc., and since the button mentions flatfooted and not general CA I thought people may not use that button for feint etc, but I am wrong in that probably

Maybe the best solution would be a separate CA modifier button? Adding modifier buttons is extremely easy now, I could do that very quickly, but I can also quickly adjust the behaviour of the FF button with uncanny dodge I may only wait for the new API which allows adding mod buttons to existing categories, such that it does not look so cluttered

Thanks for your reply Good to know, so, you say my approach to CA and GRANTCA fits then? I was unsure how to read the description of Uncanny Dodge (and I think it is the same text for 3.5e/PF1); one way to read it gave me the impression that flat-footed and invisible negation are just examples, but I decided that it should just negate flatfooted and invisibility stuff Hence, gladly the code works then correctly, I think

But good point about the modifier button. I thought a lot about it, too, it depends on whether or not one wants that the mod buttons are superior, a way to force some behaviour regardless of any rules coming from the code. Then yes, it may be better that the flatfooted button is not negated. The counterexample for me though was a player hitting an NPC without knowing that the NPC has uncanny dodge. Then they'd press that button for a flat-footed situation and accidentally apply that condition on the NPC.
    Hence, why I thought the button should respect uncanny dodge, too, and one can then use CA effects for feint etc., and since the button mentions flatfooted and not general CA I thought people may not use that button for feint etc, but I am wrong in that probably

Maybe the best solution would be a separate CA modifier button? Adding modifier buttons is extremely easy now, I could do that very quickly, but I can also quickly adjust the behaviour of the FF button with uncanny dodge I may only wait for the new API which allows adding mod buttons to existing categories, such that it does not look so cluttered
    The rules for uncanny dodge are poorly worded, we misunderstood it for several years.

The flat footed condition only applies to characters that has not yet acted in combat.
    https://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemasteri...OC-Flat-Footed

Uncanny dodge helps in that case. And it helps vs invisible.

Most or all other abilities has the wording : "denied its Dexterity bonus to AC"
    Uncanny dodge does not help vs those abilities, like climbing, swashbucklers superior feint, and others.

I am not sure what is the best way of doing modifier buttons and uncanny dodge, either way is fine I think.

Thread Information