Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 43 of 48 First ... 334142434445 ... Last
    and special thanks to bmos for creating my extension logos

By the way, how many of you still use FG classic? For those I certainly still need to upload manually to the forum, too

And to clarify: Here was once a talk about that I extend the cheat sheet to a full description/tutorial of my extensions; I rather did that now on the forge's websites If there are good reasons to do that in the cheat sheet, then let me know

I will probably keep the cheat sheet if there is still a desire for that, but you may realize that the forge website contains similar information (although the cheat sheet has effects of all extensions alltogether; but only antimagic.ext has a separate effect stuff, so, not that big extra advantage)

I think the forge is a better central "source of authority". It's clear and you can update it one place and people don't have old copies with out-of-date info.

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    I think the forge is a better central "source of authority". It's clear and you can update it one place and people don't have old copies with out-of-date info.
    Yeah, makes sense Then I will probably move completely to FG forge; however, FGC users cannot make use of the forge, so, the ext files may still need to stay on the forums, I guess.

I just know of Asgurgolas who keeps playing on FGC: @Asgurgolas, did your move to FGU finally work out? (same question for anyone who still uses FGC )

I am still using FGC for one of the games I'm running, mainly because I don't want to switch mid-stream. But we're almost at the end of the AP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, makes sense Then I will probably move completely to FG forge; however, FGC users cannot make use of the forge, so, the ext files may still need to stay on the forums, I guess.

I just know of Asgurgolas who keeps playing on FGC: @Asgurgolas, did your move to FGU finally work out? (same question for anyone who still uses FGC )
    I'll switch to FGU once the current adventure ends (since it's a pretty large dungeon and I really do NOT want to re-script everything just for the few sessions remaining in there), but I have no idea what this "forge" is and how it works

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I'll switch to FGU once the current adventure ends (since it's a pretty large dungeon and I really do NOT want to re-script everything just for the few sessions remaining in there), but I have no idea what this "forge" is and how it works
    See here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...g-the-FG-Forge

I'll try to figure it out in the coming weeks. Is there a way to tell it NOT to update automatically? Especially the overlay extension, since every time I have to open up and alter a couple files as you taught me XD

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I'll try to figure it out in the coming weeks. Is there a way to tell it NOT to update automatically? Especially the overlay extension, since every time I have to open up and alter a couple files as you taught me XD
    I bet Kel or I could make another extension containing those edits you're making. This could re-apply your edits regardless of Kel's updates.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

Well I can do it myself easily (incredible, coming from me XD): In the end I only change the images from the overlay (which is not a problem) and add "immune: precision" to undead, constructs, elementals plants and oozes (since my campaign is choke full of undead and some player just made a ninja character...)... it's just that if it updates automatically, I might not notice when it happens and it's annoying to stop a session when I notice, close FG, edit the files, and re-launch everything

Thread Information