STAR TREK 2d20
Page 21 of 100 First ... 1119202122233171 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    you (Kel) and bmos do such great jobs.
    Thank you C:

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    well keep up the good work! my group loves your extension(s)!

.....now if only i can figure out how bmos did the perm ability score changes... and apply that to weapons. lol i would love to be able to document how the fighter got to what weapon dmg or how he got his to-hit without having to redo the math every time i go "wait.. plus what to hit"
    You should see the starfinder ruleset, it has a log of changes!!
    But yes, I agree that it is very hard to track where some bonuses come from.
    Are they bonuses from effects or bonuses that have been added to the weapon on the actions tab?

mostly from feats or class abilities..... like weapon focus or weapon specialization. would be nice to label them like i can in your perm ability score one....

Hi Please redownload the overlay extensions It is mainly a bug fix:

1. FG got a stack overflow (a neverending code loop) when someone was at -1 to -9 HP (i.e. dying, probably different range in PF1) and had an IF: healthy (or bloodied, wounded) effect. Fixed now
    2. IFTAG effects' effect icons are now determined by other effects in that entry (so, the IFTAG part is ignored by that, such that you do not get a lot of generic effect icons)

Because of the fix of point 1 I may now be able to code "nodex" in such a way that it also recognizes CA effects from the opposed actor I now understand why I got a stack overflow there, too, when I tried this the last time

But my general idea is to completely rewrite the effect manager at some point, precisely due to such things. The effects are really performance-eating, because every time something happens with respect to effects (already when creating effect icons for tokens) the whole effect list of that entry is checked, there is completely no context-sensitive code like "Only check offensive stuff when searching for Atk, do not care about defensive effects like AC and so on". When one is not careful in coding, then loops can easily be created because of that lack of context-sensitive reading of effects (which creates the stack overflow). My long-term idea is to create submenus of effects (global effects, offensive, defensive, spell, condition...), and every time when the code checks for a certain type of effect, then it only looks in the suitable submenu of effects (like "Look in the offensive list for ATK"). In other words, I want to add a bit more "intelligence" to that procedure. That should surely improve the performance for high level stuff when everyone has 1000000 effects One could also use the property line of weapons to search for certain effects instead of the effect list (like weapon-specific ones). Stuff like that Maybe even allowing permanent effects directly added in the sheet which do not needed to be parsed in the CT, then I tell the code: Look into the effect list of sheets for this and that, which may then also solve the problem with PF1's permanent bonus stuff and so on

Aaah, so many ideas, and I have completely no time!
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 10th, 2020 at 03:32.

In onAttack you have a typo.
    FulLAttack instead of FullAttack

I just set up a linter in my text editor

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    In onAttack you have a typo.
    FulLAttack instead of FullAttack

I just set up a linter in my text editor
    Oh, thanks, I fix that

Funnily, it looks like that it does not need to be fixed, isn't it? The purpose for it is what I intend (that full attack does not remove target due to miss chance (depends also on the setting in the options)), and it does not cause any error. It looks like that FG has some sort of case-ignorance?

Ah, I know why it works with the typo; it is simply due to that only the other one really matters (the corresponding code is just triggered by the correctly typed variable below the wrong one; the other one simply leads to that the variable I wanted to overwrite stays an empty string which still does what I want But I will fix the typo nevertheless the next time when I update it
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 10th, 2020 at 18:56.

Hence, no bug currently, which is good

@bmos: I tried your code for the T and Q descriptors, but it sadly does not work I can look at it later again and mess with the string match pattern of LUA (maybe I just made some mistake while testing your code )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hence, no bug currently, which is good

@bmos: I tried your code for the T and Q descriptors, but it sadly does not work I can look at it later again and mess with the string match pattern of LUA (maybe I just made some mistake while testing your code )
    It definitely works, I use it all the time for Power Attack now.
    I think you may have missed that there are two separate lines you need to copy that match code to?

Also I may have found another typo:
    nDefenseVal, nAtkEffectsBonus, nDefEffectsBonus, nMissChance, nAdditionalDefenseForCC = ActorManager2.getDefenseValue(rSource, rTarget, rRoll);
    introduces a new variable nAdditionalDefenseForCC which is not included before that if block so this variable is global.
    Last edited by bmos; December 10th, 2020 at 19:47.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It definitely works, I use it all the time for Power Attack now.
    I think you may have missed that there are two separate lines you need to copy that match code to?

Also I may have found another typo:
    nDefenseVal, nAtkEffectsBonus, nDefEffectsBonus, nMissChance, nAdditionalDefenseForCC = ActorManager2.getDefenseValue(rSource, rTarget, rRoll);
    introduces a new variable nAdditionalDefenseForCC which is not included before that if block so this variable is global.
    Ah, oki, thanks I try it again, and yes, that one variable is accidentally global; thanks for looking (the global effect is gladly always immediately used and overwritten; but who knows, ACCC might become buggy when spamming full attack, or having lots of attack rolls in general )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; December 10th, 2020 at 21:27.

Thread Information