DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 18 of 100 First ... 816171819202868 ... Last
    Suggestion for a new feature o.ov

We already have "ongoing" effects (DMGO, for one) that deal damage each round. We also have effects with a set duration.

What about an effect that "delays" another effect? Dunno, "you touch your target and imprint him with your spell (say, shocking grasp), but the actual effect will only take effect 1d4 rounds later. Right now I'm working around with combining two effects:

One is "Delay Shocking Grasp" with a duration of 1d4 rounds.
    The other is "Delayed Shocking grasp; NIFT: CUSTOM (Delayed Shocking Grasp); DMGSO: 5d6 electricity" set as "one use"

This suggestion is just lazyness on my part.

The other suggestion is effectively more useful for anyone, to allow ongoing damage to scale with time (and it would possibly include the previous one): Take the "heat metal" spell for example.
    It deals no damage on round 1, some damage on round 2, some more on round 3 4 and 5 then a little less on 6 and stops doing damage altogether at round 7.
    So far it's impossible to automate, one has to manually go with the appropriate damage each round. Is it possible to automate it? If I set it as "dmg: 1d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 1d4 fire", even if I set it as "only once per effect" it sets off ALL the "DMGO" at once, while I'd rather have'em to trigger one per round..

yes, I love complicating things XD

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Suggestion for a new feature o.ov

We already have "ongoing" effects (DMGO, for one) that deal damage each round. We also have effects with a set duration.

What about an effect that "delays" another effect? Dunno, "you touch your target and imprint him with your spell (say, shocking grasp), but the actual effect will only take effect 1d4 rounds later. Right now I'm working around with combining two effects:

One is "Delay Shocking Grasp" with a duration of 1d4 rounds.
    The other is "Delayed Shocking grasp; NIFT: CUSTOM (Delayed Shocking Grasp); DMGSO: 5d6 electricity" set as "one use"

This suggestion is just lazyness on my part.

The other suggestion is effectively more useful for anyone, to allow ongoing damage to scale with time (and it would possibly include the previous one): Take the "heat metal" spell for example.
    It deals no damage on round 1, some damage on round 2, some more on round 3 4 and 5 then a little less on 6 and stops doing damage altogether at round 7.
    So far it's impossible to automate, one has to manually go with the appropriate damage each round. Is it possible to automate it? If I set it as "dmg: 1d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 2d4 fire; DMGO: 1d4 fire", even if I set it as "only once per effect" it sets off ALL the "DMGO" at once, while I'd rather have'em to trigger one per round..

yes, I love complicating things XD
    Yeah, there are a lot of things which could still be done; I want to import a lot of the features of the 4e edition, and auras (together with height) and so on, but no time yet

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Yeah, there are a lot of things which could still be done; I want to import a lot of the features of the 4e edition, and auras (together with height) and so on, but no time yet
    We also lack an effect for concealment against others. So we can have concealment on ourself, but if one person treat all others as they had concealment (like in dim light) we do not have an effect.
    For total concealment we have blinded.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    We also lack an effect for concealment against others. So we can have concealment on ourself, but if one person treat all others as they had concealment (like in dim light) we do not have an effect.
    For total concealment we have blinded.
    There is a button for this in modifiers, but I agree that an effect that applies a miss chance to attacks made by a character bearing the effect would be very useful.

There are some workarounds when using effects for this, because concealment effects are targetable (I think), so, you could apply everyone a conc effect and just target that one person, or IFT: CUSTOM(dim); CONC to everyone, and the person with that disadvantage has then dim But yeah, a less cumbersome solution would be nice
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 3rd, 2020 at 15:41.

The code kobold was busy!

(there is now then also a CL effect and one can now combine nearly all effects with IFTAG )

Will be in the 3.3.12 version
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have not yet updated to 3.3.12, I am not sure yet when I have time for it Please be careful about any incompatibilities coming with 3.3.12 and my extensions; sadly I lost so much time in fixing some ownership stuff with my height label (and that is still not solved completely)

Now I have solved the major issues; new versions are hopefully uploaded in the next hours

New update for 3.3.12 and FGU compatibility Please update: Height, theme, and the full overlay packages

Beware, the following extensions are now deprecated: AoO, advanced 3.5e/PF1, save versus tags, strainInjury and CoC They are now all included in the full overlay packages (which now contains options to turn off the overlays), except StrainInjury, Strainjury has still its own full overlay packages of course. So, important: Think about to enable the new extension if you not already use one of the overlay packages (and better disable the old one(s))

To the overlay users: The option about turning on/off the overlays is "off" as default; so, think about turning it on in the settings right after you started the campaign

There are also new features listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post554183

(HEAL now targetable, CL, COC and TVCONC effect, and IFTAG can now be combined with nearly all effects)

The cheat sheet got updated with these effects

I am, almost surely, looking at the wrong thing, or picking the wrong package, or something, but now that FG upgraded itself to 3.3.12, I wanted to get myself up-to-date with your extensions.

So... I downloaded what I thought was the replacement for what I was previously running (since 8/8/2020).

Before: Full OverlayPackage.ext

Just downloaded: Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons.ext

But, when I went to remove and replace, I saw that Full OverlayPackage.ext occupied 1.448MB, while Full OverlayPackage with alternative icons.ext occupies only 180KB.

What do you think I'm doing wrong here?

Thanks,

- s.west

Thread Information