FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 11 of 100 First ... 9101112132161 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Raust View Post
    Hi again!

As with the other extension, i'm using this one in FGU and kept finding this error
    After a few test I found out that it was because of this extension and managed to go around it.

If any one is having the same problem, the problem lies in the file specified in the error (ct/scripts/ct_entry.lua). Changing this (on line 114):
    Code:
        -- Update list information (global subsection toggles)
        windowlist.onVisibilityToggle();
        windowlist.onEntrySectionToggle();
    for this:
    Code:
        -- Update list information (global subsection toggles)
        if windowlist ~= nil then
            windowlist.onVisibilityToggle();
            windowlist.onEntrySectionToggle();
        end
    solves it as far as I know (yet it might break something else )

Once again, thank you very much Kelrugem for this amazing work. I've tried to read some documentation on the scripting language here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/windowlist.xcp, but I cannot find what 'onVisibilityToggle()' and 'onEntrySectionToggle()' do. Do you know where I can find it?

See you guys,
    Raust.
    As a follow-up: You can find these two functions in ct.lua

So I'm trying to wrap my head around the mechanics of IFTAG.
    When I'm trying to apply an Action that has an effect, the tag IFTAG is looking for would be a tag on the target of the Action, correct?
    So, would a saving throw, by default, target the actor making the save, thus the tag would have to be on whoever is making the save, not what they are saving against?
    Also, is there someplace you can see all the tags associated with a character?

I ask because I was trying to make an effect that bumped a characters save when saving vs. enchantment, but it seemed to apply the bonus regardless. I am suspecting that that tag somehow already exists on the character making the save.

Am I making any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    When I'm trying to apply an Action that has an effect, the tag IFTAG is looking for would be a tag on the target of the Action, correct?
    So, would a saving throw, by default, target the actor making the save, thus the tag would have to be on whoever is making the save, not what they are saving against?

I ask because I was trying to make an effect that bumped a characters save when saving vs. enchantment, but it seemed to apply the bonus regardless. I am suspecting that that tag somehow already exists on the character making the save.

Am I making any sense?
    I'm sure Kel wil chime in with more complete information, but (from my experience with this extension) the tag needs to go on the creature making the save.
    Here is how I would write an effect like that:
    Name of Effect; IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2 luck

EDIT: I meant effect, not tag, in the first sentence.
    Last edited by bmos; July 3rd, 2020 at 19:01.

Am I making any sense?
    Tags are not associated to any character but are defined in the spell or action (click the magnifying glass next to the cast button) The IFTAG operator works like IF and IFT, so, IFTAG checks whether the tags are met in the spell/action and if not then the effect will not be read further (such that everything on the right next to IFTAG will not be accounted) That means also that the person who should get the effect should also get it in the CT. Hence, give all dwarves e.g. the effect IFTAG: spell, spelllike; SAVE: 2 racial

About your example: Can you send a screenshot? It should be IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: ... (when against all enchantment effects)

EDIT: It is not only the target of the spell who gets checked, it is the spell/action which gets checked which tags it has For example, DC can be combined with IFTAG, so, here it is about an effect supporting the caster. But when combining with SAVE then the target gets supported by the effect (when the tags are met) Thence, here it has no fixed source actor/target structure. The spell itself is gonna be checked for the tags because it carries the informations about these and when its tags are suitable the effects of its caster and targets are triggered
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 3rd, 2020 at 15:35.

Ok...here's what I am trying to do: Elven Immunity: +2 to saves vs. enchantment spells or spell like effects.
    So, I built an effect "IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2".
    When I have the effect turned off and just roll a manual save, in this case, Reflex, it looks correct:
    IFTAG1.PNG

When I turn the effect on and do the same, it applies the bonus, even though there should be no "enchantment" tag present:
    IFTAG2.PNG

What am I doing wrong?

Ok...here's what I am trying to do: Elven Immunity: +2 to saves vs. enchantment spells or spell like effects.
    So, I built an effect "IFTAG: enchantment; SAVE: 2".
    When I have the effect turned off and just roll a manual save, in this case, Reflex, it looks correct:
    IFTAG1.PNG

When I turn the effect on and do the same, it applies the bonus, even though there should be no "enchantment" tag present:
    IFTAG2.PNG

What am I doing wrong?
    ttritten and I are discussing that on Discord at the moment, and we found the culprit: It was an incompatibility with some other extension With just my extension loaded it works; ttritten tries now to find out which other extension messes that up

The incompatibility came from the advanced effects .5e and PF1 of rmilmine (the one which let you attach effects on items etc., similar to Celestian's advanced effects extension for 5e), so, I try to make them compatible soon (hopefully I have time soon, right now I am writing on an application )

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The incompatibility came from the advanced effects .5e and PF1 of rmilmine (the one which let you attach effects on items etc., similar to Celestian's advanced effects extension for 5e), so, I try to make them compatible soon (hopefully I have time soon, right now I am writing on an application )
    I'd marry you if you managed to O__O (ok no I wouldn't but you know what I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I'd marry you if you managed to O__O (ok no I wouldn't but you know what I mean)
    Hehe, I am happy about every proposal, even if it is a fake

Finally, with the release of 3.3.11 in one or two weeks I try to make my extensions compatible with the new extensions which were released by others in the last weeks, that is

- Compatibility with Rmilmine's advanced effects extension (since it turns off the IFTAG code and maybe more)
    - Compatibility with Bmos's spell failure roll
    - Including Phixation's damage types for overcoming things like resistance
    - Including an ACCC effect (AC against criticals; though I am not sure if I will be able to implement that since I need to beware compatibility with existing effects with respect to stacking); that was a user request of someone who added that already in their own campaign
    - Raust has observed an FGU error for strainInjury. But that may be related to 3.3.11 since FGU is running on 3.3.11, even on the live servers. So, it might be fixed by updating to 3.3.11
    - Compatibility of the height label with hex grids
    - Anything extra when time is left like the extra parsing tags requested in the save versus tags thread (the tag disbelief when I remember it correctly)
    - Adding automatic parsing for custom modules

I can't promise that I succeed with everything though 3.3.11 compatibility has highest priority such that you can update without issues

Did I miss something? Then please let me know
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 7th, 2020 at 02:48.

Blog Entries
    @Kelrugem,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post(s)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information