STAR TREK 2d20
Page 20 of 100 First ... 1018192021223070 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Random requests of the month.

There is a "half resist" effect. There also is a bypass effect Is there a way to make a "half-bypass" one? Such as for Flame Strike (saying "roll a handful dice, half of that total is fire damage and the other half is divine energy that can't be reduced")
    What I do for those spells is divide up the dice. D6 damage per even caster level( max 7) fire and d6 damage per odd caster level divine (max 8).
    It is not strictly correct, but close enough. Halfbypass would be wrong, you would have to divide the damage instead.

On that note, in pathfinder there is a feat called penetrating strike which bypass 5 points of dr, unless the dr is against all (does not work against dr 5 /- ). Is it possible to implement this? Or is there a way now that I do not see?

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    On that note, in pathfinder there is a feat called penetrating strike which bypass 5 points of dr, unless the dr is against all (does not work against dr 5 /- ). Is it possible to implement this? Or is there a way now that I do not see?
    Not exactly, but you might be able to get close with IF: CUSTOM(DR); DMG: 5 bypass. Haven't tried this though, it might not detect DR for the purposes of the custom tag...
    It also would be incorrect for DR of less than 5 :\

Suggestion:
    In manager_effect_35E.lua you can change this:
    Code:
    		if sModifier == "H" then
    			if nAbility > 0 then
    				nAbility = math.floor(nAbility / 2);
    			else
    				nAbility = math.ceil(nAbility / 2);
    			end
    		elseif sModifier then
    			nAbility = nAbility * (tonumber(sModifier) or 1);
    		end
    to this:
    Code:
    	if nAbility and not IsDie then
    		if sSign == "-" then
    			nAbility = 0 - nAbility;
    		end
    		if sModifier == "H" then
    			if nAbility > 0 then
    				nAbility = math.floor(nAbility / 2);
    			else
    				nAbility = math.ceil(nAbility / 2);
    			end
    		elseif sModifier == "T" then
    			if nAbility > 0 then
    				nAbility = math.floor(nAbility / 3);
    			else
    				nAbility = math.ceil(nAbility / 3);
    			end
    		elseif sModifier == "Q" then
    			if nAbility > 0 then
    				nAbility = math.floor(nAbility / 4);
    			else
    				nAbility = math.ceil(nAbility / 4);
    			end
    		elseif sModifier then
    			nAbility = nAbility * (tonumber(sModifier) or 1);
    		end
    	end
    to support 1/3 and 1/4 caster level effects (by [TCL] as 1/3 caster level and [QCL] as 1/4 caster level).

You also need to change the string.match (there are two) arguments from:
    Code:
    	match("^%[([%+%-]?)([H%d]?)([A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]?)%]$")
    to this:
    Code:
    	match("^%[([%+%-]?)([HTQ%d]?)([A-Z][A-Z][A-Z]?)%]$")
    EDIT: I think this fully automates the Pathfinder 1e power attack progression!!
    Power Attack (1-H); ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; CMB: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,melee
    Power Attack (2-H); ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; CMB: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,melee; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,melee

EDIT2: Also these
    Combat Expertise; ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; CMB: -1 [-QBAB] ,melee; AC: 1 [QBAB] dodge
    Deadly Aim; ATK: -1 [-QBAB] ,ranged; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,ranged; DMG: 1 [QBAB] ,ranged
    Last edited by bmos; November 29th, 2020 at 23:30.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Not exactly, but you might be able to get close with IF: CUSTOM(DR); DMG: 5 bypass. Haven't tried this though, it might not detect DR for the purposes of the custom tag...
    It also would be incorrect for DR of less than 5 :\
    This does sadly not work (also when DR over 5; the bypass would not have been needed) But I look what I can do

Personally, I am not a fan of the bypass damage types because they clutter things up, I implemented them after Phixation did it and because it looked like that many people want them (seems to be a thing in PF1, cannot recall at the moment to have seen something like this in 3.5e; well, except the Flame Strike stuff ). And I would like to avoid adding more and more damage types doing certain things; rather I would like to have an IGNORE feature/effect with which one can tell FG to ignore certain effects (by a certain amount) I think Savage Worlds has this So, in the long run I would like to add something like this, but also this has to wait for my thesis

To the CL stuff: Yeah, sure, that is straightforward to add, thanks for the code Interesting to know that Power attack works like this in PF1 (in 3.5e one can fully trade attack up to the BAB for damage and the amount of penalty (and so the bonus) is decided by the user)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 21st, 2020 at 14:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    in 3.5e one can fully trade attack up to the BAB for damage and the amount of penalty (and so the bonus) is decided by the user
    Wow, that's a pretty cool mechanic! It does spoil the automation though

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Wow, that's a pretty cool mechanic! It does spoil the automation though
    hehe, yes, automation without manual input does sadly not work

yea sorry Kel. bypass is really only a pf1e thing.. mainly it was for paladins but if you use mythic rules...it calls for it ALL the time. im greatly appreciative of the work even tho i know you dont use it... my homebrew does and it helps ALOT.

honestly i need to work on my coding and straighten out what i want in my pathfinder rules. you (Kel) and bmos do such great jobs.
    Last edited by Phixation; November 21st, 2020 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    yea sorry Kel. bypass is really only a pf1e thing.. mainly it was for paladins but if you use mythic rules...it calls for it ALL the time. im greatly appreciative of the work even tho i know you dont use it... my homebrew does and it helps ALOT.

honestly i need to work on my coding and straighten out what i want in my pathfinder rules. you (Kel) and bmos do such great jobs.
    hehe, no worries No need to apologize It was not difficult to add them And I am glad when I can make people happy with such things And when I ever have this IGNORE effect, then I hope the mythic rules are easier to use (but besides IGNORE I have so many other plans )

well keep up the good work! my group loves your extension(s)!

.....now if only i can figure out how bmos did the perm ability score changes... and apply that to weapons. lol i would love to be able to document how the fighter got to what weapon dmg or how he got his to-hit without having to redo the math every time i go "wait.. plus what to hit"

Quote Originally Posted by Phixation View Post
    well keep up the good work! my group loves your extension(s)!

.....now if only i can figure out how bmos did the perm ability score changes... and apply that to weapons. lol i would love to be able to document how the fighter got to what weapon dmg or how he got his to-hit without having to redo the math every time i go "wait.. plus what to hit"
    thank you

Hmm, you mean like a button to check for effects in the sheet, to show adjustments? My naive idea would be to check for all effects (maybe after a click on said button, "Calculate effects"-button), there are certain commands for that in the script and then you just need to return the effect mods But probably not so easy to do (and one may need to ignore effects which expire on the next action or are on "On Skip" because they change their state when you call them in the code) Bmos probably has better ideas how to do that because of the mentioned ability extension

Thread Information