STAR TREK 2d20
Page 63 of 98 First ... 1353616263646573 ... Last
    I just found out there is a weird issue with the "vorpal" command. It works as intended ONCE, then from that moment onward, the target becomes completely vulnerable to critical damage, even if I afterwards remove the vorpal thing. In the image below you can see the tests I did: 1st attack (just a random crit against an undead with "IMMUNE" on crits). We see 25 damage, of which only 7 land on target.

Second line we see the actual Vorpal effect kicking in for 10 extra damage (and we see how only the 3 main damage from 2d6 plus 10 land)

Then things get weird: on 3rd and 4th lines, the FULL damage passes in, not just the 2d6+vorpal.

Also (it doesn't show on screen though, but I can get one if you want) as I said, criticals still land on target even if I *removed* the "DMG: 10 vorpal, critical" from the tracker. Tried both "vorpal, critical" and "critical, vorpal" to be sure

crits.png

Any ideas? At first I thought it could be a compatibility issue with some other extension, but I haven't gotten anything new lately and the problem persists (I'm stil testing around though)

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I just found out there is a weird issue with the "vorpal" command. It works as intended ONCE, then from that moment onward, the target becomes completely vulnerable to critical damage, even if I afterwards remove the vorpal thing. In the image below you can see the tests I did: 1st attack (just a random crit against an undead with "IMMUNE" on crits). We see 25 damage, of which only 7 land on target.

Second line we see the actual Vorpal effect kicking in for 10 extra damage (and we see how only the 3 main damage from 2d6 plus 10 land)

Then things get weird: on 3rd and 4th lines, the FULL damage passes in, not just the 2d6+vorpal.

Also (it doesn't show on screen though, but I can get one if you want) as I said, criticals still land on target even if I *removed* the "DMG: 10 vorpal, critical" from the tracker. Tried both "vorpal, critical" and "critical, vorpal" to be sure

crits.png

Any ideas? At first I thought it could be a compatibility issue with some other extension, but I haven't gotten anything new lately and the problem persists (I'm stil testing around though)
    Thanks a lot I was able to reproduce, though for me it does not even work in the first roll (the critical weapon damage is already proceeded in the first roll, too) Very strange issue, I am not sure if I can fix it; it can take several weeks until I can look at it, so I'd suggest not using this damage type for now

I think a previous update may have messed with it because I may not have been careful, or I simply missed a ruleset update and my extension is currently not compatible

Alright I'll just wait (though being an undead heavy campaign, all of my players kind of have something that needs it, I can do without for a while)

Hi all

Sorry that I am a bit quiet right now, I started a Chinese language course here and it occupies my whole free time right now (imagine writing Chinese characters for over three hours a day ).

Next week is a new big FG update. I am not sure if my code will be affected, but be aware of this. I may not be able to update in time because of my Chinese homework However, my first Chinese course finishes next week, and then there is a break of some months So, I hope I will be able to update my extensions next week then

Alright I'll just wait (though being an undead heavy campaign, all of my players kind of have something that needs it, I can do without for a while)
    I try to fix that next week, too

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Hi all

Sorry that I am a bit quiet right now, I started a Chinese language course here and it occupies my whole free time right now (imagine writing Chinese characters for over three hours a day ).

Next week is a new big FG update. I am not sure if my code will be affected, but be aware of this. I may not be able to update in time because of my Chinese homework However, my first Chinese course finishes next week, and then there is a break of some months So, I hope I will be able to update my extensions next week then

I try to fix that next week, too
    Your code will DEFINITELY be affected in some ways. At the very least, addNPC and addPC are handled quite differently.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Your code will DEFINITELY be affected in some ways. At the very least, addNPC and addPC are handled quite differently.
    Ah, thanks for the heads-up

Chinese... Ain't that a pretty hard language to learn? (I did have to learn a few terms in the past).... Don't feel too pressured about fixing though, if you're already busy :P

Chinese... Ain't that a pretty hard language to learn? (I did have to learn a few terms in the past).... Don't feel too pressured about fixing though, if you're already busy :P
    It is difficult to learn, especially because of its pronunciation But it is a lot of fun to learn it, especially reading and writing it

My Tuina teacher always spoke chinese, so we had an interpreter to translate for us. During the 5 years I *might* have figured out a few words, and even today I'm not really sure hahah

I feel like I'm missing something basic but can't quite get this to work. Help!!!

I'm attempting to create and effect that does ongoing damage at the rate of 1 per every odd caster level (I.E. 1 at 1st, 2 at 3rd, 3 at 5th, etc). But I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

DMGO:[HCL] and DMGO:[d2CL] both increase damage at every even level. But I can't figure out the syntax for every odd level.

Thread Information