DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 12 of 100 First ... 210111213142262 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    @Kelrugem,
    I am starting to ask all community developers to consider making an explicit licensing statement on their work. It helps future community developers honor your wishes in regards to your work. Their is a discussion and some suggested licensing statements here; On Licensing & Distributing Community Content. Thanks for your contribution and for considering adding a licensing statement to your original post(s)
    Done Added:

LICENSE: CC-BY-NC, i.e. you can use and change it however you want, integrate it in your code and reupload it etc., so you can do everything what you want with these extensions but do not commercialize it (But Smiteworks is allowed to integrate the code if they want, hehe ) That only holds for my code, there are images included in the full overlay package and there I attached the licenses of the images
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 6th, 2020 at 20:27.

I was going to look into making an new extension that allowed multiple effects to be created from a single effects button (something like how a paladin's smite does extra damage on the first attack if against particular types of creatures, or how charge is good for one attack roll but the penalty lasts until your next turn), but thought it might be more within the scope of what you're doing here.
    Is this something of interest or should I look into it on my own?

Also, I have done some limited testing and the IFTAG seems to be working while also using rmilmine's effects extension on my computer. Not saying it isn't incompatible, just that it's possibly more complicated than the explanation that it's fully blocking IFTAG.

Here's the specific effect that I am having issues with: SAVE: 1 will; IFTAG: divination; SAVE: 1 will
    Basically, it is only supposed to apply the second +1 to will if there is a divination tag present. So, +1 to Will, unless against divination and then it's +2.
    If I have rmilmine's extension enable it seems to ignore the IFTAG conditional and just applies the +2 regardless. If I don't the effect works as written.
    Don't know if that helps or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    Here's the specific effect that I am having issues with: SAVE: 1 will; IFTAG: divination; SAVE: 1 will
    Basically, it is only supposed to apply the second +1 to will if there is a divination tag present. So, +1 to Will, unless against divination and then it's +2.
    If I have rmilmine's extension enable it seems to ignore the IFTAG conditional and just applies the +2 regardless. If I don't the effect works as written.
    Don't know if that helps or not.
    That's awfully strange. I enabled just save versus tags and rmilmine's advanced effects extension, copied/pasted your effect, and changed divination to necromancy.
    I tested with PVP and NPC casting against a PC. Each time it did as it should.

EDIT: just tried divination in case it's school specific and that worked too.

If I find anything likely to help tracking it down I'll report back.
    Last edited by bmos; July 6th, 2020 at 22:54.

Ok...I'm using the Full Overlay Package extension....lemme try it with just the Save Vs. extension and see what happens....stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I was going to look into making an new extension that allowed multiple effects to be created from a single effects button (something like how a paladin's smite does extra damage on the first attack if against particular types of creatures, or how charge is good for one attack roll but the penalty lasts until your next turn), but thought it might be more within the scope of what you're doing here.
    Is this something of interest or should I look into it on my own?
    What do you mean? Is this not already possible (like by choosing the option of that something expires on the next roll (and not action to avoid that it affects all attacks of a full attack) etc.), or do you just mean a group button of applying effects? (like the cast button which triggers some other buttons at once)

Also, I have done some limited testing and the IFTAG seems to be working while also using rmilmine's effects extension on my computer. Not saying it isn't incompatible, just that it's possibly more complicated than the explanation that it's fully blocking IFTAG.
    In my own testing it looked like that IFTAG got ignored completely, as ttritten mentioned, everything after the IFTAG got always applied, so, to see that you need to test that effect with a spell which does not meet the conditions (normally the effect(s) after IFTAG should not be applied then). But with rmilmine's extension activated the effects after IFTAG got applied But I didn't test all constellations, so, it might be a complicated issue Gladly, Rmilmine has sent me a suggestion of code to fix that I hope that this will work then because I do not know whether I have the time to go through the whole code

OK...Here's what I have enabled:
    Extensions.PNG

Here is the effect:
    Effect1.PNG

Here is a Will save with it not enabled:
    Roll Off.PNG

Here is a Will save with it enabled:
    Roll On.PNG

If I'm just making a generic Will save, the divination tag should not be detected and so the Will bump should only be +1 instead of +2.

So, if I go in and only enable the Save Vs. extension, the IFTAG gets applied and I only get the +1 I should:
    Final.PNG

Does this help?

Quote Originally Posted by ttritten View Post
    OK...Here's what I have enabled:
    Extensions.PNG

Here is the effect:
    Effect1.PNG

Here is a Will save with it not enabled:
    Roll Off.PNG

Here is a Will save with it enabled:
    Roll On.PNG

If I'm just making a generic Will save, the divination tag should not be detected and so the Will bump should only be +1 instead of +2.

So, if I go in and only enable the Save Vs. extension, the IFTAG gets applied and I only get the +1 I should:
    Final.PNG

Does this help?
    Yes, I can observe that, too I will certainly look at making it compatible with rmilmine's extension such that the IFTAG operator works also with this extension (since rmilmine's extension is pretty cool )

(though it was first a bit confusing in your screenshots that you have some other effect bonus of +2 running around, too )

EDIT: And I think you answered bmos? My question "What do you mean?" was directed to bmos by the way I know what you mean since our discussion on Discord

EDIT2: Ah, now I see that you answered to bmos, too much going on here, so, I seemingly forgot to check everything
    Last edited by Kelrugem; July 6th, 2020 at 23:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    What do you mean? Is this not already possible (like by choosing the option of that something expires on the next roll (and not action to avoid that it affects all attacks of a full attack) etc.), or do you just mean a group button of applying effects? (like the cast button which triggers some other buttons at once)
    A group button would be one approach, although it would get complicated as sometimes there are different effects on different creatures. I was envisioning a "countdown" effect that could remove itself and whatever followed after x number of rounds, which is why I thought of your extensions.

A group button would be one approach, although it would get complicated as sometimes there are different effects on different creatures. I was envisioning a "countdown" effect that could remove itself and whatever followed after x number of rounds, which is why I thought of your extensions.
    But the effects support a duration after which the expire automatically? (I believe I misread your posts somewhere ) What I wanted to add at some point is stuff which already exists in the FG ruleset of 4e, like expiring after a successful save with the option that an effect gets replaced with another effect depending on whether the save was a success or failure (the operators FAIL and AFTER) Did you maybe mean stuff like that? But I have to write my thesis at the moment (particle physics and gauge theory etc.), so, I have nearly no time, thence, when I can't find an immediate solution of implying such things when I update to 3.3.11 then I am always happy when someone else wants to add such things to the code

Thread Information