DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 44 of 98 First ... 3442434445465494 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Well I can do it myself easily (incredible, coming from me XD): In the end I only change the images from the overlay (which is not a problem) and add "immune: precision" to undead, constructs, elementals plants and oozes (since my campaign is choke full of undead and some player just made a ninja character...)... it's just that if it updates automatically, I might not notice when it happens and it's annoying to stop a session when I notice, close FG, edit the files, and re-launch everything
    The Immune: precision one is something I surely need to add, actually I updated the NPC parsing recently (in the forge, not yet uploaded here) and I didn't think about that

About different overlays: Maybe there is a way to merge all different possible overlays into one extension, but not sure yet how Maybe with the allowance of in-built user customization

(but now my extended automation extension is split over four entries in the shop, I may need to deactivate the alternative overlay ones if I am able to merge that. I'll see)

hahaha it's not that vital.. I mean, the overlays I use are actually the first ones you ever put... and it's a minor issue compared to the precision thing anyway... oh well I'll try it out

Sooo, there are new versions of the overlay extensions in the forge: For 3.5e the NPC parsing now also considers sneak attack/precision immunity

And there was a small bug fix: Keen didn't work with IFTAG, now it does

@Asgurgolas: Now you do not need to edit the extension anymore, except maybe for your overlays, but the new ones of tahl_liadon are nice

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Ahahah okay, I'll take a look then
    Were you able to find out which extensions was incompatible with mine causing this flat-footed bug? (or did you find another cause?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Were you able to find out which extensions was incompatible with mine causing this flat-footed bug? (or did you find another cause?)
    Nope, I actually didn't get around yet (it's been a pretty busy week)

@Kelrugem with the whole icons thing it might be easier for you and others to just have 2 versions of your extension, the normal one and the strain/injury one. Then tahl_liadon's icons could be an extension for your extension which just has new overlay images. This would also let others upload their own extensions to yours with more diversity of icons. It would also mean when you push updates you only have to update 2 Forge entries rather than 4 :P

Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    @Kelrugem with the whole icons thing it might be easier for you and others to just have 2 versions of your extension, the normal one and the strain/injury one. Then tahl_liadon's icons could be an extension for your extension which just has new overlay images. This would also let others upload their own extensions to yours with more diversity of icons. It would also mean when you push updates you only have to update 2 Forge entries rather than 4 :P
    I also thought about that at the beginning but decided against that such that people do not need to download graphics twice (my extensions plus the modifying extension) I am rather a fan of consolidated extensions to reduce the number of extensions one needs to activate (but yes, now with the forge the advantage would have been that I just have two forge entries; now these and the subscribers are split among more entries )

This would also let others upload their own extensions to yours with more diversity of icons.
    But this should still work One just needs to make sure that the loadorder is higher than my extension

I also thought about that at the beginning but decided against that such that people do not need to download graphics twice (my extensions plus the modifying extension) I am rather a fan of consolidated extensions to reduce the number of extensions one needs to activate
    Ahh that makes sense, I think cus of my experience with Skyrim mods in particular I'm used to mods for other mods which then have bugfix mods for those subsequent mods.

Ahh that makes sense, I think cus of my experience with Skyrim mods in particular I'm used to mods for other mods which then have bugfix mods for those subsequent mods.
    Thanks for the suggestion of course It certainly makes sense, too

For next update to-do-list (thanks to the code contributors):

• Blind fight support (Bmos's code)
    • Add new stuff from the advantage extension (already done but not yet uploaded)
    • cristmo's suggestion for damage script
    • The two last feature requests of list above
    • Clean up legacy code for tags
    • Better parsing of NPC effects, code by RabidPaladin (see Discord)

I have added this list to the third post such that I do not get lost with what I want to add in the next update of the big extension (but no guarantee)

If you ever think there is something missing, then please let me know

About the opposed skill stuff: I am currently adding a lot of homebrew thingies to my campaign for making martial arts way more attractive (like parts of https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Tome_of_Pr...5e_Sourcebook)), hence, I am still thinking about the "best" implementation of opposed skill rolls depending on what feats and stuff players and NPCs can have. If something is completely homebrew and not reflected in any official source, then I would not add such a mechanic to my big extension of course (maybe instead release a separate extension for my homebrew thingies).
    With that I want to say: If you have anything to say what I would need to think about the opposed skill roll stuff, then please let me know (again) I know that Svandal had once some suggestions, but I may need to find these posts again

But: The opposed skill roll stuff probably takes a lot of work, so, do not expect it too soon (depends on once my current life is a bit more structured such that I feel well enough again to spend time on coding)

Thread Information