FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 56 of 62 First ... 6465455565758 ... Last
  1. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    should be, if Bmos already pushed his version to the forge

    Can you try to test just with my extension enabled? I tested and could not reproduce your error

    Ah, also: Go into your /extensions folder and check whether you still have an Advanced Effects extension in the folder; Bmos's forge versions are now installing into the /vaults folder, not the /extensions one. But: Any version in the /extensions folder of an extension overwrites any version in the /vault. Hence, even if you update through the forge, a version of the extension in /extensions may still overwrite your updating So, the best may be to check whether you still have an old version installed
    That fixed it! (Removing the Advanced Effects.ext from the folder). I was not aware of your point on bmos' extensions installing through the vault folder and FG overriding anything still existing in the Extensions folder. Is this only for bmos' extensions? Obviously I should remove all of his that are updating from the Forge/vault folder. Should I do so for yours and others as well?

  2. #552
    Quote Originally Posted by brendude View Post
    That fixed it! (Removing the Advanced Effects.ext from the folder). I was not aware of your point on bmos' extensions installing through the vault folder and FG overriding anything still existing in the Extensions folder. Is this only for bmos' extensions? Obviously I should remove all of his that are updating from the Forge/vault folder. Should I do so for yours and others as well?
    My extensions still install into the /extensions directory, so, in my case it is not necessary But the dev can decide where the extension gets installed, but if you only use extensions from the forge, then the easiest may be to simply erase the whole /extensions folder and afterwards click update In that way you should only have the extensions in /extensions which should be actually there

  3. #553

  4. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by brendude View Post
    Ok great thanks will do!
    You're welcome

  5. #555
    Ah, by the way: Would you all like it if I would add a module to my extension? This module would only contain a reference manual with precisely the information as given on the forge website, however it may take a while until I have done so (and it would also mean more maintenance for me)

  6. #556
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    2,542
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, by the way: Would you all like it if I would add a module to my extension? This module would only contain a reference manual with precisely the information as given on the forge website, however it may take a while until I have done so (and it would also mean more maintenance for me)
    I prefer having it in the browser.
    bmos' extensions
    he/him | Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, by the way: Would you all like it if I would add a module to my extension? This module would only contain a reference manual with precisely the information as given on the forge website, however it may take a while until I have done so (and it would also mean more maintenance for me)
    I agree with bmos. There’s so much FGU stuff to keep track of - easier to have it bookmarked in a browser folder or as a document. I did like that word document/pdf you made at one point (summarizing everything in your extension). Handy to have a printed sheet sometimes

  8. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I prefer having it in the browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by chaiwalla View Post
    I agree with bmos. There’s so much FGU stuff to keep track of - easier to have it bookmarked in a browser folder or as a document. I did like that word document/pdf you made at one point (summarizing everything in your extension). Handy to have a printed sheet sometimes

    Thanks both for your answers Oki, then I rather avoid a reference manual (would be too much maintenance, I think)

    Oh, about the pdf: Should I bring this back? I still have it, just didn't update it with the newest effects I thought people would now maybe rather use the forge description

  9. #559
    SoxMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    Massachusetts, USA
    Posts
    115
    The store page works fine for me.

  10. #560
    New update!

    Evasion and Improved Evasion now also show up in the effects' window as effects buttons; the effects' window is accessible in the upper right of the sidebar

    Compatibility patch for advanced effects by Bmos and Rmilmine (Thanks to Bmos for suggesting some compatibility codes )

    Also big thanks to SoxMax I am very happy to say that extended automation is now the first extension supporting the effect builder by SoxMax See here for information about the effect builder: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/457/view. That is, the effects of this extension will also show up in the effect builder if you also loaded the effect builder plus the plugin for 3.5E/PF1 (see the link about the effect builder for more information about the needed plugin; it is basically an effect wizard/generator which allows you to build effects with less need to be proficient with the effects' syntax). This is solely made by SoxMax, I just merged his suggestions for the code into the extension

    Quote Originally Posted by SoxMax View Post
    The store page works fine for me.
    thanks for the answer
    Last edited by Kelrugem; January 23rd, 2022 at 01:34.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in