STAR TREK 2d20
Page 84 of 100 First ... 3474828384858694 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by MDarque View Post
    Here is my options screen. The error only occurs if you never make a change to the Blood Trails setting. As soon as you make any change, even setting it back to Off, then the error no longer occurs.
    Attachment 56579
    That is such a strange issue, I can still not reproduce it :/

If it is okay for someone, can someone upload their campaign where this error is occurring?

@Kel
    BLOOD is a kind of generic option name, perhaps change to Kel_BLOOD or something to avoid conflicts?
    Also an easy fix to silence the error would be changing
    Code:
    	if (sBloodOpt ~= "off") then
    to
    Code:
    	if sBloodOpt and (sBloodOpt ~= "off") then
    although it doesn't address why sBloodOpt is coming out of tonumber as nil

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    @Kel
    BLOOD is a kind of generic option name, perhaps change to Kel_BLOOD or something to avoid conflicts?
    Also an easy fix to silence the error would be changing
    Code:
        if (sBloodOpt ~= "off") then
    to
    Code:
        if sBloodOpt and (sBloodOpt ~= "off") then
    although it doesn't address why sBloodOpt is coming out of tonumber as nil
    Thanks for the suggestion Yeah, I should change the option name in the code

Indeed, I am wondering a lot, why this error is happening for some people (I am not able to reproduce it). And if I address this error in such a way, it may lead to that no blood trails are created for the people who originally had this error appearing, because the reason for this error may still be there but would just lead to a prevention of activating the blood code; then there is no error message anymore, but still not working as expected, I presume

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    If I address this error in such a way, it may lead to that no blood trails are created for the people who originally had this error appearing, because the reason for this error may still be there but would just lead to a prevention of activating the blood code; then there is no error message anymore, but still not working as expected, I presume
    I'm not sure that's correct, fortunately. The report above seems to indicate that only the 'default' state of the option has this issue. This is why I suggest treating nil as 'off'.
    But of course this is an assumption. With that in mind, perhaps log some stuff to console if sBloodOpt is nil?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I'm not sure that's correct, fortunately. The report above seems to indicate that only the 'default' state of the option has this issue. This is why I suggest treating nil as 'off'.
    But of course this is an assumption. With that in mind, perhaps log some stuff to console if sBloodOpt is nil?
    Ah, oki, the default option might be the problem here if it never got adjusted, I see That may explain why I was not able to reproduce it, maybe I should test in a totally new campaign. Oki, I think over it later again and I hope the fix will help then

Thanks again
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 5th, 2023 at 23:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, oki, the default option might be the problem here if it never got adjusted, I see That may explain why I was not able to reproduce it, maybe I should test in a totally new campaign. Oki, I think over it later again and I hope the fix will help then

Thanks again
    I just reuploded the extended automation extensions and their variants, with some extra safeguarding I was still not able to reproduce the error, so, can someone who had that error (like MDarque and Kronides) try to reproduce the error with the new versions? Just damage people in the CT and play with the blood trail setting. Also maybe test whether there are still blood trails if the option was turned on at campaign start (if it was not on and you had to turn it on, then also maybe reload the campaign and test in the reloaded campaign if possible for you)

Sorry I just got a chance to test and everything seems to be working now!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kronides View Post
    Sorry I just got a chance to test and everything seems to be working now!!

Thanks
    No worries, thanks for the help, appreciated

Just updated FGU and BAM, megafreeze. It freezes on load for like 5 full minutes, then hangs every time I try to open a panel/character sheet/npc/menu, and even more if I try to roll checks/attacks/damage/whatever. After a few tests it's the Full Overlay extension that went crazy and yes, I'm going to test all the 40+ extensions one-by-one to figure out where the issue is, but I don't really have time now so I'll post my findings later on (hoping I'll make it in time for my friday session, ahaha)

Quick update: I tried creating a new campaign and loaded it with ALL extensions I have (which are a LOAD, even old ones). No issues on smoothness, which means probably something went wrong with it on my campaign itself (which I hope is NOT the case). Any ideas? :S
    Last edited by Asgurgolas; March 20th, 2023 at 13:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    Just updated FGU and BAM, megafreeze. It freezes on load for like 5 full minutes, then hangs every time I try to open a panel/character sheet/npc/menu, and even more if I try to roll checks/attacks/damage/whatever. After a few tests it's the Full Overlay extension that went crazy and yes, I'm going to test all the 40+ extensions one-by-one to figure out where the issue is, but I don't really have time now so I'll post my findings later on (hoping I'll make it in time for my friday session, ahaha)

Quick update: I tried creating a new campaign and loaded it with ALL extensions I have (which are a LOAD, even old ones). No issues on smoothness, which means probably something went wrong with it on my campaign itself (which I hope is NOT the case). Any ideas? :S
    As we once already wrote in private messages: You have a biiiiiiiiiig load of data, I mean really, that is big I know you do not want to do that, but you really have to filter your data and get rid of a lot of it, just load data you need Put other things in modules

Thread Information