Joshua Stream Pre
  1. #1
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    974

    Unity Documentation issue for 3.5E

    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Specific-Notes
    The chart indicates a usage such as H[CL] but it seems this only works if I write it as [HCL]

    Also, I don't understand what this means:
    Adds an arbitrary number X to other tag. Works only in effects which supports a number as bonus type. Beware the space between the X and [other tag].
    EDIT: is it saying you can have CL + 3 or something like this?
    The wording is just confusing here.
    Last edited by bmos; November 21st, 2020 at 13:34.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  2. #2
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    974
    Looks like 2 [CL] results in CL + 2, [2CL] results in CL * 2, and [HCL] results in CL / 2.


    EDIT: -[CL], [-CL], and - [CL] don't seem to be parsing at all (no extensions loaded).
    Using Classic for these tests. Will repeat in Unity and update.
    Last edited by bmos; November 21st, 2020 at 18:08.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #3
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    974
    Unity (with no extensions loaded) parses [-CL] correctly.
    This seems to be a Classic bug.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  4. #4
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Specific-Notes
    The chart indicates a usage such as H[CL] but it seems this only works if I write it as [HCL]

    Also, I don't understand what this means:


    EDIT: is it saying you can have CL + 3 or something like this?
    The wording is just confusing here.
    Yeah, the stuff with the brackets is confusingly written; the PC tag always has to be completely in square brackets The [other tag] is just the placeholder for whatever comes afterwards, confusingly written in square brackets, too, but just with the meaning as placeholder

    About the other thing: That was added after I have suggested it to SmiteWorks but I was misunderstood what I meant and since then it looks like this There are two thing: You can multiply a tag or add something. E.g. [3STR] multiplies the strength modifier with 3, but 3 [STR] adds 3 to the strength modifier

    PS: I do not have the [-CL] bug in classic Are you sure you had a non-zero CL for your tested spellclass?
    Last edited by Kelrugem; November 21st, 2020 at 17:23.

  5. #5
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I do not have the [-CL] bug in classic Are you sure you had a non-zero CL for your tested spellclass?
    Yes, it was CL 9 (but thank you, that could easily have been the mistake). In re-testing for this, I did find the issue:
    "Power Attack; DMG: [-BAB] melee" does not work but "Power Attack; DMG: [-BAB]" does. The Unity/Classic assumption was from inconsistent testing methodology (it functions this way in both Unity and Classic).
    Last edited by bmos; November 21st, 2020 at 16:24.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  6. #6
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yes, it was CL 9 (but thank you, that could easily have been the mistake). In re-testing for this, I did find the issue:
    "Power Attack; DMG: [-BAB] melee" does not work but "Power Attack; DMG: [-BAB]" does. The Unity/Classic assumption was from inconsistent testing methodology (it functions this way in both Unity and Classic).
    You need a comma before the melee DMG: [-BAB], melee, so, basically set the commas as in the wiki (basically a comma between each descriptor), often they can be omitted but in certain situations they might cause stuff like this

  7. #7
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    974
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    You need a comma before the melee DMG: [-BAB], melee, so, basically set the commas as in the wiki (basically a comma between each descriptor), often they can be omitted but in certain situations they might cause stuff like this
    Thank you!!
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
FG Spreadshirt Swag

Log in

Log in