DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 45 of 100 First ... 3543444546475595 ... Last
    Seems like the latest Token Height Indicator just broken compatibility with your extension.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post618835

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    [/LIST]

I have added this list to the third post such that I do not get lost with what I want to add in the next update of the big extension (but no guarantee)

If you ever think there is something missing, then please let me know

About the opposed skill stuff: I am currently adding a lot of homebrew thingies to my campaign for making martial arts way more attractive (like parts of https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Tome_of_Pr...5e_Sourcebook)), hence, I am still thinking about the "best" implementation of opposed skill rolls depending on what feats and stuff players and NPCs can have. If something is completely homebrew and not reflected in any official source, then I would not add such a mechanic to my big extension of course (maybe instead release a separate extension for my homebrew thingies).
    With that I want to say: If you have anything to say what I would need to think about the opposed skill roll stuff, then please let me know (again) I know that Svandal had once some suggestions, but I may need to find these posts again

But: The opposed skill roll stuff probably takes a lot of work, so, do not expect it too soon (depends on once my current life is a bit more structured such that I feel well enough again to spend time on coding)
    For making melee more fun I really liked tome of battle book of nine swords in 3.5. that book also has a lot of opposed skill rolls 

We are waiting eagerly for your opposed skill rolls stuff, it will be awesome. There are several things we dont use because it slows down the game without automation. My suggestions are:
    Make the opposed skill rolls work with if and ift effects.
    Opposed skill checks can include your spell tags for bonus vs them, see example
    Make is see how many times we have beaten it by 5, like hit by +5, hit by +20, miss by +10, like bmos ammunition manager. Or make it work with that extension.
    When choosing skill we can choose every skill in the skill tab like knowledge religion or custom made skills
    Static modiferer multiplied by Choose skill or cmb or caster level + field for static modifier + ability core modifier VS static modifier multiplied by opponents skill or cmd or AC or HD or CR +static modifier + opponents ability score.
    There might be more options that is neccessary that I am missing here

Examples of use
    Feint: bluff vs 10 + BAB + wis modifier

Demoralize: fear effect. Intimidate vs 10+HD wis modifier

Knowledge vs monsters. Knowledge vs 10+CR

Climb vs cmd, I get bonus based on how big they are (here is why ift: size effects are nice to have)

Ac bonus feat cant remember name: sense motive vs AC

Dont provoke AOO while moving: acrobatics vs CMD

I will post more if I remember them.

Edit: added feature how much we beat the opposed roll by
    Last edited by Svandal; September 6th, 2021 at 06:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    For making melee more fun I really liked tome of battle book of nine swords in 3.5. that book also has a lot of opposed skill rolls 

We are waiting eagerly for your opposed skill rolls stuff, it will be awesome. There are several things we dont use because it slows down the game without automation. My suggestions are:
    Make the opposed skill rolls work with if and ift effects.
    Opposed skill checks can include your spell tags for bonus vs them, see example
    Make is see how many times we have beaten it by 5, like hit by +5, hit by +20, miss by +10, like bmos ammunition manager. Or make it work with that extension.
    When choosing skill we can choose every skill in the skill tab like knowledge religion or custom made skills
    Static modiferer multiplied by Choose skill or cmb or caster level + field for static modifier + ability core modifier VS static modifier multiplied by opponents skill or cmd or AC or HD or CR +static modifier + opponents ability score.
    There might be more options that is neccessary that I am missing here

Examples of use
    Feint: bluff vs 10 + BAB + wis modifier

Demoralize: fear effect. Intimidate vs 10+HD wis modifier

Knowledge vs monsters. Knowledge vs 10+CR

Climb vs cmd, I get bonus based on how big they are (here is why ift: size effects are nice to have)

Ac bonus feat cant remember name: sense motive vs AC

Dont provoke AOO while moving: acrobatics vs CMD

I will post more if I remember them.

Edit: added feature how much we beat the opposed roll by
    Thanks a lot I will bookmark it

Quote Originally Posted by Svandal View Post
    For how much you beat the roll by you can absolutely steal my function from Ammunition Manager:
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-Ammunitio....lua#L272-L278
    https://github.com/bmos/FG-Ammunitio....lua#L109-L122
    I've yet to see a need for more granularity than 5, 10, etc and that way it doesn't give away the exact DC.
    Last edited by bmos; September 14th, 2021 at 21:25.

Thanks for the suggestion, bmos

@all: Finallyyyyy, I have a github profile and have uploaded all my extensions as repositories here: https://github.com/Kelrugem So, in case you are a community dev who wants to contribute to some code, then feel free to do it via Github (but private messages and so on are still okay of course ) I also created a project: https://github.com/users/Kelrugem/projects/1. I also tried to link it with my Orcid ID (an ID for uniquely identifying authors of creative work, mainly research), but not sure if I succeeded (hence, I also simply added my Orcid ID to my profile description)

By the way, there is now a donation button in all Forge profiles of the people who toggled that they may sell an extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/2/view-profile (upper right)
    I was at the very beginning of the Forge testing, and then it was not possible to not toggle that, hence, I got the donation button, too. I can sadly not remove it, therefore I now thought a while on it what I should do with that. Since I basically cannot avoid that someone uses that button: If you want to donate something and you can really afford a bit, then I appreciate a donation but there is of course no obligation to do so, my extensions stay free of course, and there is no guarantee from my side how much time I can commit on my projects; so, only use the donate button if you are comfortable with the current features, not thinking about any possible kind of features I was thinking about loudly In case you ever donated something and realized that it was too much for you, then hit me a private message and I send it back of course

Thanks, and sorry that I am currently extremely slow with new features; my life is still chaotic, my new job should have already started in Taiwan, but Taiwan closed their borders because of the pandemic. Now I start on 1 October with my job as post-doctoral fellow, but with my home office still in Germany until the borders are open again (so, since the defence of my PhD I feel like "on the jump", but I cannot "jump" )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 21st, 2021 at 21:40.

Thanks for the suggestion, bmos

@all: Finallyyyyy, I have a github profile and have uploaded all my extensions as repositories here: https://github.com/Kelrugem So, in case you are a community dev who wants to contribute to some code, then feel free to do it via Github (but private messages and so on are still okay of course ) I also created a project: https://github.com/users/Kelrugem/projects/1. I also tried to link it with my Orcid ID (an ID for uniquely identifying authors of creative work, mainly research), but not sure if I succeeded (hence, I also simply added my Orcid ID to my profile description)

By the way, there is now a donation button in all Forge profiles of the people who toggled that they may sell an extension: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/crafter/2/view-profile (upper right)
    I was at the very beginning of the Forge testing, and then it was not possible to not toggle that, hence, I got the donation button, too. I can sadly not remove it, therefore I now thought a while on it what I should do with that. Since I basically cannot avoid that someone uses that button: If you want to donate something and you can really afford a bit, then I appreciate a donation but there is of course no obligation to do so, my extensions stay free of course, and there is no guarantee from my side how much time I can commit on my projects; so, only use the donate button if you are comfortable with the current features, not thinking about any possible kind of features I was thinking about loudly In case you ever donated something and realized that it was too much for you, then hit me a private message and I send it back of course

Thanks, and sorry that I am currently extremely slow with new features; my life is still chaotic, my new job should have already started in Taiwan, but Taiwan closed their borders because of the pandemic. Now I start on 1 October with my job as post-doctoral fellow, but with my home office still in Germany until the borders are open again (so, since the defence of my PhD I feel like "on the jump", but I cannot "jump" )
    Yahoo! The only issue I see happening is that alternate overlays and original overlays are going to be hard to collaborate on since they're the same except for a few pictures.
    I'd recommend putting them together and having some sort of build script that would mix/match the right stuff if you don't want to just make one a theme for the other.
    Sorry to hear your move is postponed, that can be a very uncomfortable feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Yahoo! The only issue I see happening is that alternate overlays and original overlays are going to be hard to collaborate on since they're the same except for a few pictures.
    I'd recommend putting them together and having some sort of build script that would mix/match the right stuff if you don't want to just make one a theme for the other.
    Sorry to hear your move is postponed, that can be a very uncomfortable feeling.
    Ah, yes, I was also thinking about that this may be confusing; not sure how to build an automatic script, but for now I may just delete the alternative or original version and copy the changes to the other version separately outside github (or rather replacing the graphics for the other version as I am usually doing it)

(thanks for the words about the moving )
    Last edited by Kelrugem; September 21st, 2021 at 22:10.

Ah, yes, I was also thinking about that this may be confusing; not sure how to build an automatic script, but for now I may just delete the alternative or original version and copy the changes to the other version separately outside github (or rather replacing the graphics for the other version as I am usually doing it)

(thanks for the words about the moving )
    If I get a chance, I'll see if I can't help with that (the build script thing). My experience is with the business side of github, so I'm not sure if it'll translate, though.

could the overlays and alternative overlays be a menu toggle, like selecting a background decal is? or would that cause funky things if a map was already loaded?

Quote Originally Posted by Croddwyn View Post
    If I get a chance, I'll see if I can't help with that (the build script thing). My experience is with the business side of github, so I'm not sure if it'll translate, though.
    oh, nice, let me know; thank you very much, I appreciate it The first time that I really use Github

Quote Originally Posted by Zygmunt Molotch View Post
    could the overlays and alternative overlays be a menu toggle, like selecting a background decal is? or would that cause funky things if a map was already loaded?
    the reason why I did not change that (yet?) was that then the users do not need to download all the graphics; especially the first version had rather big file sizes until bmos made their sizes smaller, and then I preferred to have a separate version for the alternative overlays If I am not mistaken, clients also need to download all the files on the first connection, and with that I wanted to avoid any problems with logins etc; but maybe I just overthink it

Thread Information