Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 17 of 21 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
  1. #161
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I switched my load order back to how it was, so the boxes would still be an improvement (in my opinion at least).
    Nice timing on the update. It looks like I got very lucky; I had been planning to wait to release 1.7 until next week, but was really hoping that I could sneak in that final handler before you found time

    If any users of Disease Tracker get errors on load, ensure that you have the latest versions of both that and whichever Kelrugem ext you use.
    oki, then I will adjust the box offsets the next time (when I think about it )

  2. #162
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    996
    I know you're probably not going to have time to do any more development this year, but I just wanted to let you know I've been getting this for a while:
    Code:
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to happen when npcs are killed (I haven't had a player death in a while so I don't know if that triggers it).
    It's not a big deal because it's just a warning, but your FullOverlay package is the only one in my extensions folder that uses the 'death' node so it's either an issue with it or an incompatibility with something else I'm running.
    I'll test it more thoroughly when I get a chance.

    EDIT: I just tried testing it (with all the extensions I use) and couldn't get the warning to show up at all...
    I don't see anywhere where Full OverlayPackage is using setValue on that node, either.
    Maybe it's just a ruleset thing. I'll let you know I do come across something.
    Last edited by bmos; October 4th, 2020 at 13:54.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  3. #163
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I know you're probably not going to have time to do any more development this year, but I just wanted to let you know I've been getting this for a while:
    Code:
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00004.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    Script Warning: setValue: Database node not owned (combattracker.list.id-00007.death)
    I haven't fully tested it, but it seems to happen when npcs are killed (I haven't had a player death in a while so I don't know if that triggers it).
    It's not a big deal because it's just a warning, but your FullOverlay package is the only one in my extensions folder that uses the 'death' node so it's either an issue with it or an incompatibility with something else I'm running.
    I'll test it more thoroughly when I get a chance.

    EDIT: I just tried testing it (with all the extensions I use) and couldn't get the warning to show up at all...
    I don't see anywhere where Full OverlayPackage is using setValue on that node, either.
    Maybe it's just a ruleset thing. I'll let you know I do come across something.
    Ah, thanks But it is not an aggressive console message, isn't it? So, one sees only these messages when the console is already open but it won't open itself?

    The death overlay are the wounds overlays and the set-value basically happens in ActorManager2 (leading to a function in TokenManager2). My assumption is that this probably happened on the client side? When damage is applied to NPCs etc., then this is normally run on host side such that I do not use OOB messaging for this, but I could use this as an extra security to make sure that the code runs on the correct side I was not able to reproduce this either sadly, maybe also an issue just in FGU? But when the overlays are still applied then it might be one of the warnings who just warn about something which hopefully still works

  4. #164
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Ah, thanks But it is not an aggressive console message, isn't it? So, one sees only these messages when the console is already open but it won't open itself?

    The death overlay are the wounds overlays and the set-value basically happens in ActorManager2 (leading to a function in TokenManager2). My assumption is that this probably happened on the client side? When damage is applied to NPCs etc., then this is normally run on host side such that I do not use OOB messaging for this, but I could use this as an extra security to make sure that the code runs on the correct side I was not able to reproduce this either sadly, maybe also an issue just in FGU? But when the overlays are still applied then it might be one of the warnings who just warn about something which hopefully still works
    I actually am seeing this in Classic (the game I'm running now is pre-Unity and I haven't upgraded the campaign). You're correct that it is only on player's side and isn't really an issue (because it is just warning which is only visible if something else opens the console). The only issue with ignoring the warnings that I have found is that players who get a single "ERROR" (from something else) are more likely to think the sky is falling if it's accompanied by a big list of unrelated "WARNING"s (they can get flustered as they don't know they are not that important).
    I had seen that your code does handle the setting of token overlays on client and host and thought that might why it comes up. I'm glad I'm not far off
    Last edited by bmos; October 4th, 2020 at 16:05.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  5. #165
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I actually am seeing this in Classic (the game I'm running now is pre-Unity and I haven't upgraded the campaign). You're correct that it is only on player's side and isn't really an issue (because it is just warning which is only visible if something else opens the console). The only issue with ignoring the warnings that I have found is that players who get a single "ERROR" are more likely to think the sky is falling if it's accompanied by a big list of "WARNING"s (they can get flustered).
    I had seen that your code does handle the setting of token overlays on client and host and thought that might why it comes up. I'm glad I'm not far off
    ah oki, thanks Yeah, then it indeed means that the client tries to set an overlay, too, but fails; the overlays still work because the host is doing that, too Then I will add the OOB message next time to get rid of these warnings (or just a check whether it is the host when seemingly both sides are doing that) Thanks for testing

  6. #166
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    996
    A heads up to anyone who is using these with Unity.
    The FullOverlay Packages (and Height adjuster as Kelrugem mentioned in the Height thread) change some of the new token features.
    It might just be visual, but it's important to know that it is changing some of that stuff behind the scenes.

    EDIT: Nevermind! I had messed up one of my tests. Looks to be working great with no ill effects.
    Last edited by bmos; October 9th, 2020 at 18:40.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  7. #167
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    A heads up to anyone who is using these with Unity.
    The FullOverlay Packages (and Height adjuster as Kelrugem mentioned in the Height thread) change some of the new token features.
    It might just be visual, but it's important to know that it is changing some of that stuff behind the scenes.
    Ah, I expected that FullOverlay may overwrite now something in unity, too, thanks for confirming Since I now know more about coding, I will make them a bit more compatible the next time I will update them

    The save versus tags part may also overwrite the fix for the REGEN etc. bug in FGU, not sure

  8. #168
    bmos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    Maine, USA
    Posts
    996
    I just compared the latest copy of the ruleset with the one I had extracted from a week or so ago and it looks like you might already have had that fix implemented!
    Just did a quick test of the latest Unity ruleset updates with FullOverlay enabled and it seems that you're free and clear, REGEN did heal a creature when I advanced the rounds counter.
    Last edited by bmos; October 9th, 2020 at 15:46.
    bmos' pathfinder 1e extensions
    Discord Tag: wil.thieme#3396

  9. #169
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I just compared the latest copy of the ruleset with the one I had extracted from a week or so ago and it looks like you might already have had that fix implemented!
    Just did a quick test and it seems that you're free and clear, REGEN did heal a creature when I advanced the rounds counter.
    Ah, good to know thanks

  10. #170
    Kelrugem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland, and Lyon, France
    Posts
    2,301
    Hi

    First of all: I wrote a very little extension for PF1 (as it is not needed for 3.5e): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ntration-check

    Second: By the Kickstarter and the 3.3.12 beta it looks like that FGU will be fully released in the first week of November. The problem: It really coincides with my busy scheduly of my PhD. I really try to support FGU's and 3.3.12's release for all my extensions but I cannot promise it yet; what I will do to reduce my work: All my extensions will be combined into two extensions in the future, StrainInjury with FullOverlayPackage, and FullOverlaypackage (plus the ones with alternative icons, but that is just about replacing graphics). Though the extensions which never came into conflicts with my other extensions still stay separate, like my Theme, height, (dis)advantage for CoreRPG and Antimagic. So, it is mainly about that Save versus tags, AoO and advanced 3.5e/PF1 are not separate anymore, along with all the possible packages

    Most of my additions are just effects, so, you can easily ignore what you do not need in that combined extension; the only real "non-ignorable" thing are the overlays. Hence, I will add an option to the FullOverlayPackage in the settings which turns that feature on/off

    When you have any complaint about that approach and/or you want to keep some of these extensions still separate, then please tell me now And please tell me whether I need to do something extra which I forgot (I recall that I need to make my fortification roll comaptible with other extensions adding physical dice, and bmos requested some slight position adjustment of the HP boxes And darrenan wrote once about a possible incompatibility with one of bmos's extensions, but that was fixed in one of the higher packages, so, that should be automatically be fixed then. EDIT: Oh, and the CL effect of bmos of course!)

    Best,

    Kelrugem
    Last edited by Kelrugem; October 24th, 2020 at 03:48.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Joshua Stream Pre

Log in

Log in