5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12

First Impression: Very Disappointed

I have been very disappointed by NWN2 so far. I have a fairly high-end gaming computer, and the game has run in stalls and jerks. Also, compared to the real-time, individual action system in DDO (DnD Online)--much less to the real DM running things in DnD (via FG)--the system seems too canned and restrictive. I've made it only partially through the introductory tutorial, so I don't know what awaits beyond that.

Just IMHO, you understand, and I await the first impressions of others to either set me straight or confirm what I've seen so far.
    Sed quid custodiet ipsos custodes?

I think the camera is the trickiest aspect so far... in DDO it seemed like I dealt with it less always getting to see what I wanted. In NWNII it seems I'm always running a couple feet and then trying to re-orient myself.

I made it through the tutrial once, but miffed my character by multiclassing into a ranger with a 10 wisdom, so I started over.

It runs a bit jerky on my machine, which isn't top of the line, but by tweaking some of the setting it runs well enough.

So you aren't too far off Yenooc.

-D

I have been playing it, but on PW. I know a couple of the DM's and such, so I was eager to see what they were doing with it. So far, I am liking it. There are some drawbacks, like the video card thing and camera angles. I needed a new card anyway, so that fixed that, and I am learning to live with the camera angles. Overall, the game is pretty, but lacks a certain feel, I just cant put my finger on. As the PW continues to grow and blossom, I am sure the bad will fade with the hours of RP and such that I am sure to find there.

EYE

The graphics is not a problem for me. I run it on low settings and it looks ok.

What is REALLY annoying is the AI. My main char runs off to a fight and the others just keep buffing themselves with spells for a loooong time. Then, in the end of the battle there's only one enemy left with just a few HP left... tadaa!, bard summons a dire wolf and sorceress casts an ice storm. A bit of an overkill, maybe. Also, several times I run to fight and a spellcaster or an archer stops at a door blocking everyone else from joining the fight. Sometimes AI just stops in the middle of combat and just stands there doing nothing. Puppet mode would solve all the problems, but the battle is so hectic that I would like NWN2 to have the "pause when character has nothing to do in combat" feature.

Generally, it's a nice game with a nice plot, but those combat bugs and NPCs not following the character really make it hell occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by acmer
    What is REALLY annoying is the AI.
    That's funny. I've played PnP with people that are just as, if not more annoying. LOL
    Has anyone tried the map making tool in NWN2 to create content for their campigns in FG?

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    That's funny. I've played PnP with people that are just as, if not more annoying. LOL
    Too true, sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantstanzya
    Has anyone tried the map making tool in NWN2 to create content for their campigns in FG?
    Yes, actually. If you play both - the maps you can make from the editor work ok to pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre
    Yes, actually. If you play both - the maps you can make from the editor work ok to pretty darn good.
    Screen shots?

Thread Information