DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 9 First 12345 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by viresanimi View Post
    I would agree that the colours aren't my cup of tea, but its not bad. I disagree on the chatframe. Looks good to me.
    I would be happy to pick different colors. I tried to choose the ones that were bright enough to not make the whole thing look too gloomy. I also tried to use diferent and contrasting colors, because I always felt, unless under red alert or something, the displays seemed to use contrasts. I could be misremembering. I am also not a graphics person and literally learned Adobe a week ago to do this. Any suggestions on what the color scheme should be, would be greatly appreciated.

You may want to find the tabtop.png and make it transparent.
    I did notice that, and was planning to rectify it. I will get that worked on soon.

The rank error is now on every rank up instead of just a couple of them. So the fix made it worse.
    I will look into this and see if I can figure it out. Just so I know, does it happen every time you change rank, or just the first time. I was able to recreate it, but only for the first time I clicked over to Ensign. Once the cells were filled in, the error went away. Any info you can give me would be great.

The frame for ships hasn't been updated yet.
    That I know. I was lucky enough to have Damned volunteer to do some of the graphics for me. So, outside of the chatbox and sidebar, those were generously done by him. Which saved me a ton of work. He had already spent a few hours on the project for free, and I didn't want to ask for any more from him, considering he wasn't asking for compensation. Because of that, there is still a lot of images that need to be updated. As I said earlier graphics is my weakest area, so that part may be slow going. My goal is to update, basically all images used and make them more in theme. There are a ton of images, and it's going to be slow going. Please, by all means, keep mentioning these things. It helps me to prioritize which ones to do first.

Also, as I said earlier, any insight from someone with more graphical experience would be welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Nice improvements overall. Keep up the good work!
    Thank you. It's been a long process, but I have been having so much fun doing it. And all this feedback is so awesome to me. I am very humbled by everyone's thoughts and opinions. This is literally my first foray into FG coding, and I have had to learn LUA as I went. I'm loving it. I'm already thinking about what ruleset I could do next, because this project is nearing the end, at least for the coding, and I want to do it again.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by statik37 View Post
    I would be happy to pick different colors. I tried to choose the ones that were bright enough to not make the whole thing look too gloomy. I also tried to use diferent and contrasting colors, because I always felt, unless under red alert or something, the displays seemed to use contrasts. I could be misremembering. I am also not a graphics person and literally learned Adobe a week ago to do this. Any suggestions on what the color scheme should be, would be greatly appreciated.
    Find an existing LCARS graphic you like the colors from, i.e. Google image search. Download it then use an online color pocket to get the RGB values. Sho yo ld make that part simple.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I updated to code, I think I have now officially fixed the error when selecting a rank. The issue was I had the code activate when you switched the rank. The issue was, unless you first went to the Abilities tab first, the fields were never created in the database. I fixed the code to now create the fields as soon as you hit the rank field. If that doesn't fix it, I will have to look into it further, but I tried to recreate the error many times, and it seems ok now.

New updates to the ruleset. All graphics I want to change have been changed. I need to work on some alignment issues that have since popped up, but as far as I am concerned, this ruleset is ready for use.

Besides the alignment of cells and icons, if there are any bugs, or if any window frames have not been updated, please let me know so I can get them fixed.

I love it! Very nice. Thank you so much!
    --Art "Everything I do is a work of Art" Wendorf
    An Ultimate License Holder so anyone can join the fun!
    Timezone: US Central Time [UTC-6?]

Hay all,

I just created a Discord server. If anyone would like to join, I will be giving updates, and it will be a good place to send me feedback.

To be clear, I will still be updating the ruleset here, but I am trying to organize thing a little better. Feel free to join.

https://discord.gg/PcQcQsg

This is a really nice, functional ruleset! Thank you for sharing it!

Been working slowly to create a module with everything I need, and noticed something.

If you make anything, you can link on the character / NPC sheet, be it race, talent etc, this ruleset does NOT create a copy of said race, talent, what have you on the charactersheet, but just links to the original, unlike other rulesets. This means, that if you wanted to, say change your race ever so slightly to fit a background story or whatever, you would need to make a copy of that entry apart from the original. Store it in the campaign somewhere, instead of having it just on the charactersheet, where you could edit it without changing the original.

This might seem like a small thing, but if you ever even think about customizing anything from the ruleset, you're in for some serious need to keep track of stuff you normally would never think of in Fantasy Grounds.

I work as an archivist. I notice these things. Not really a problem for me, as I know how to handle such things, but I would highly recommend amending this problem for the future.

Vires Animi

Been working slowly to create a module with everything I need, and noticed something.

If you make anything, you can link on the character / NPC sheet, be it race, talent etc, this ruleset does NOT create a copy of said race, talent, what have you on the charactersheet, but just links to the original, unlike other rulesets. This means, that if you wanted to, say change your race ever so slightly to fit a background story or whatever, you would need to make a copy of that entry apart from the original. Store it in the campaign somewhere, instead of having it just on the charactersheet, where you could edit it without changing the original.

This might seem like a small thing, but if you ever even think about customizing anything from the ruleset, you're in for some serious need to keep track of stuff you normally would never think of in Fantasy Grounds.

I work as an archivist. I notice these things. Not really a problem for me, as I know how to handle such things, but I would highly recommend amending this problem for the future.

Vires Animi
    I'm not sure I understand. Can you tell me which ruleset you are referring to?
    Wesley Toma-Lee
    Lead Developer
    Nerd Eye Industries
    https://www.nerdeyeindustries.com

I think pretty much every ruleset copies things you drag and drop on charactersheets. But as an example. D&D 5e. If you open the list of feats and drag it on to a character. Open the feat in the feat list. Press the link on the charactersheet. There will now be two feats open, which are the exact same. The difference is, that one has been copied on to the charactersheet.

The point being, that if you change the one on the charactersheet, you do NOT change the original.

Does that make sense?

Vires Animi

Thread Information