DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Friends cannot connect

my buddies cannot connect to me - the port is open and fantasy grounds keeps giving me a faliure for the test
    and it does have full permissions to get past my firewall, any other things to try?

wondering if there isn't something up with the new version half my players can connect half can't...and the port is open triple checked...but also 2 players connected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelendros78 View Post
    wondering if there isn't something up with the new version half my players can connect half can't...and the port is open triple checked...but also 2 players connected.
    It's not related to the version of FG. You are probably going to have to give us more details. What errors are you seeing? What is exactly the behavior? Are the players on the same network as you? A different network or...? Are they using the appropriate connection address (internal IP for those on the same network, external IP or Alias for those on an external network)?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Very much sounds like a network issue...
    There are several billion devices connected to the internet. It is not a static thing - its constantly changing, breaking, fixing, moving.
    There may be a transient routing issue between them and you.
    If you get the players that can connect to you to do a tracert to your IP address and compare the last few hops to the players that cannot connect to you.

Do you have Ultimate? If not, are the two who can't connect using Demo (their license info may have reset during the update)?

I have an ultimate liscence and the port is forwarded. the connection test returns a success every time and yet my players still can't all connect

Blog Entries
    I have an ultimate liscence and the port is forwarded. the connection test returns a success every time and yet my players still can't all connect
    So some players can connect and some can not? What networks are the players on? Can local players connect and remote players can't? Or the other way around?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    On the GM Computer please do a "what is my ip address" search on chrome/google.

Then have each player open a cmd prompt on their computer and type in tracert x.x.x.x where x.x.x.x is your public ip address.

The first few hops will be different for each player but the last few hops (excluding all the * * * * ones) should be very similar.

share the results indicating which ones work and which ones dont.

I re copied my liscence into fantasy grounds
    ..and it fixed the issue...unsure why it would as it didn't change.

Thread Information