FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 7 of 24 First ... 5678917 ... Last
    Hey, Shaderaven. Can you tell me if I did something wrong.
    I made the button for the ranger's hunt prey to add the hunted prey tag to a creature.
    When the player clicks it from his computer (making sure he has the creature targeted), nothing happens.
    Then I click it from my GM screen and it works.
    Not sure what the issue is there.

Milke.. That is an odd one!

Just had my wife test it in game:

Wife tried it a couple of different ways, both worked.

For the Skeleton, she simply CTRL-Clicked the Skeleton, then hit the second button on her Hunt Prey action tab power (adds the effect: Hunt Prey; Designated Target.
    For the Imp, she grabbed that second button from Hunt Prey and dropped it on the Imp in the Combat Tracker.

When she then attacked and did damage, it recognized her target as the Hunt Prey affected, so it applied the bonus precision damage from Hunter's Edge: Precision (action tab item).

The only suggestion I would have it try it again after a fresh reboot/game start. Occasionally, but not often, there's a syncing problem with FG Host and Clients where it doesn't seem to recognize targeting, etc. I've had to drag and drop attacks, damage, saves, etc., to players and mobs because of this. Luckily, it doesn't happen often.

Let me know if this covered what you were asking or if you want more details.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Okay. Going to remove it all. Update. Then remake and retry.
    I'll lyk.

Update:

I removed all the buttons, tags, everything. Remade them. And ran a second instance of FG and clicked it as the player of the ranger. It worked just fine for me. Next, I'm'a have that player log on remotely and we'll try it again.
    That was really odd that it worked when I clicked it on my GM screen, but not when he did. But, like a lot of things, hopefully just a reboot, wipe the effects, update, and start fresh will fix it.
    Last edited by Milke; November 26th, 2019 at 11:20.

New version out! 9.0
    • Completed the thorough walk-through of 4th-Level Spells and their Heightened Versions.
    • Added Dinosaur Forms as Character Imports (thought the Character Selection screen)

I continue to add information and features for ease of use (like Disbelieving Illusions or Weapon Critical Specialization entries), but I am always looking for better ways and suggestions on what might make gameplay even better!

Enjoy!
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Hey, SR. I did a wipe of the buttons. Made them again. Updated, etc.
    Same thing. When my player clicks the hunted prey button, nothing happens. When I click it on his sheet from my GM screen, it adds the hunted prey tag, and then he can click his precision button to add his 1d8.
    Very confused by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Same thing. When my player clicks the hunted prey button, nothing happens.
    1) Make sure the player has the enemy targeted.
    2) Ask the player to make sure they haven't clicked on the targeting icon in the top left of the modifier stack under the chat window. If it's greyed out then targeting won't be enabled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

We checked to make sure he had the creature targeted first.
    I targeted the creature for him in the CT to make sure it was targeted.
    Then he clicked the button to add the hunted prey tag. Nothing happened.
    Then I clicked the button. It added the tag to the target.

I haven't had him try dragging the effect over to the creature in the CT. We've both just been clicking the button effect on his sheet, while the creature is targeted by his character.
    Last edited by Milke; December 10th, 2019 at 15:17.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Then he clicked the button to add the hunted prey tag. Nothing happened.
    Ask the player to make sure they haven't clicked on the targeting icon in the top left of the modifier stack under the chat window. If it's greyed out then targeting won't be enabled.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I guess that will be the next thing I check when we play this weekend. It works when I run a second instance of FG and log on as his character. So there's got to be a legitimate reason, like the one you suggested.

YEah, sorry, Milke. I am not one to point fingers, but really feels like this is more on the user end than anything in the EFFECT or ruleset itself. More than happy to help out, as always, where needed or to even add more functionality in where warranted/capable.

Thread Information