DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 24 First ... 4567816 ... Last
    Accidently posted twice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Milke; November 22nd, 2019 at 17:44.

My rogue's sneak attack and my ranger's hunt prey are both being doubled on crits. The tag I have is DMG: 1d6 precision and 1d8 precision. Both using the IFT for if the target is flatfooted or hunted prey. How do I fix that. Do I need a comma or something? Here is how they look.

example.png

example 1.png

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    My rogue's sneak attack and my ranger's hunt prey are both being doubled on crits.
    Yep, that's right. Have you read anywhere that leads you to believe it shouldn't be doubled on a critical?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm. No. I just heard someone saying it. And now that you mention it, they probably just assumed it from first edition and I didn't check them on it, because it sounded reasonable.
    Rookie mistake. Grabbing my book.

I've seen a lot of assumptions made off what was done in PF1. Safe to say, never assume based off PF1.

The thing to remember is that for critical damage you double everything that you would roll for normal damage, except anything specifically added as part of the critical - deadly dice, critical specialization, etc.. There is the odd exception to this, for example, the weapon "fatal" trait that changes the base weapon damage dice on a critical.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yea. Back in 2009, it took me two months to realize undead and constructs could be critted. So, I'm trying really hard to assume NOTHING. But this one slipped by me. I think it's because of when creatures immune to precision are still immune to sneak attack and ranger's hunt precision. But it says right there... it increases the base damage type.

Shaderaven. This stuff is awesome. I love having the companions made up. I have people that enjoy playing druids and rangers, so it's handy.
    If you do an update again, the troll shows up in the combat tracker with this effect: REGEN: 20 acid or; WEAK: 10 fire
    Needs to have fire added so it reads "20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire"
    I don't know if I'll ever be half as good at this stuff as you or Trenloe. But it's fun to play around with it and program effects in for the players and monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I've seen a lot of assumptions made off what was done in PF1. Safe to say, never assume based off PF1.

The thing to remember is that for critical damage you double everything that you would roll for normal damage, except anything specifically added as part of the critical - deadly dice, critical specialization, etc.. There is the odd exception to this, for example, the weapon "fatal" trait that changes the base weapon damage dice on a critical.
    Makes things easier instead of remembering if this needs doubled or that isn't. Just one more thing to make the system simplified from pf1.

Thanks Shade for all you've done to make things easier. It's helped me learn a lot about effects just from looking at what's there.

Thanks Trenloe, I know I've thanked you in previous threads for the incredible work you're putting into the ruleset.

Thank's to anyone I haven't mentioned for putting time into PF2.
    Last edited by UltimateGM; November 23rd, 2019 at 17:06.

Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    Shaderaven. This stuff is awesome. I love having the companions made up. I have people that enjoy playing druids and rangers, so it's handy.
    If you do an update again, the troll shows up in the combat tracker with this effect: REGEN: 20 acid or; WEAK: 10 fire
    Needs to have fire added so it reads "20 acid or fire; WEAK: 10 fire"
    I don't know if I'll ever be half as good at this stuff as you or Trenloe. But it's fun to play around with it and program effects in for the players and monsters.
    Actually.. this is a good find... let me redirect this.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGM View Post
    Makes things easier instead of remembering if this needs doubled or that isn't. Just one more thing to make the system simplified from pf1.

Thanks Shade for all you've done to make things easier. It's helped me learn a lot about effects just from looking at what's there.

Thanks Trenloe, I know I've thanked you in previous threads for the incredible work you're putting into the ruleset.

Thank's to anyone I haven't mentioned for putting time into PF2.
    I have to agree with Ult GM here. This is one of the best online communities I've had the pleasure to be a part of. Guys who know a lot are willing to get on here and explain stuff without being condescending at all. I've learned tons of stuff just in the past month from Trenloe, Shaderaven, and a few others. I look forward to checking the boards every couple of days to see what new topics are brought up, or further discussion on ongoing topics.
    Cheers to all you guys.

Thread Information