DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 24 First 1234513 ... Last
    reddit just pointed out in this splash example - that it says bombs persistent damage crits!

https://2e.aonprd.com/Rules.aspx?ID=704

That just made Plaguestone alchemy adventure way more swingy....bad enough that I keep forgetting to do MAP on quick bombers.

It can be done by tagging another effect line like

Lesser Acid Flask: PERS: 1d6 acid
    Lesser Acid Flask Crit; PERS: 2d6 acid

ditto for Alchemists Fire, I also added the MAP die

alchfire.png
    Last edited by yarnevk; September 22nd, 2019 at 19:07.

Hello! I was trying to build an All-in-one character in Starfinder ruleset, but i can't manage to drag and drop (the actions and effects ain't dragging, only the names). Maybe you could help with that? I know it's another ruleset, but maybe i'm missing somethin? Should i export a .MOD? Any clues?

Quote Originally Posted by theMaXX View Post
    Hello! I was trying to build an All-in-one character in Starfinder ruleset, but i can't manage to drag and drop (the actions and effects ain't dragging, only the names). Maybe you could help with that? I know it's another ruleset, but maybe i'm missing somethin? Should i export a .MOD? Any clues?
    You really should be posting questions like this in the Starfinder forum - the ruleset are different enough that what work for PF2 might not work for SF.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

This is awesome. I have been trying to do something similar on my own for individual things, but it isn't working out they way yours are showing.

Is there a tutorial on how to build actions and text formating for the various text boxes like the Effects box?

I can't figure out how you know what traits are possible, how you make it be Strike with the number of actions symbol or how to actually create the draggable affects.

Like how do you add this section?
    Spell Actions.jpg

Also, how do you get the symbols for the number of actions required into the new Actions?

Quote Originally Posted by Jankomatic View Post
    Also, how do you get the symbols for the number of actions required into the new Actions?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post449356 and a couple of posts after.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hi!
    This probably already being planned for the future, but i'll be nice to add skills to the actions tab.
    Also attacks against DC's like (passive skills and passive saves)
    Keep up the good work!

Okay, a new version of this is up. While it does include two new all-in-one classes (Bard, Champion), the more significant changes have come with my use of the Spell Tab for everything I (we) would want to be available to add to the Actions Tab for use. I also went through with a fine toothed comb and really ensured that every spell in the Spells Tab will be accurate, apply the correct effects, and hopefully be as useful as possible in game.

Here's what you'll find in this Module all inside the SPELLS TAB:

As seen above, the classes and the refined Spells have been added to the Spell Tab in their own categories. The reason for this is so that you can go right into the Spell Tab and drag and drop the appropriate action, power, feature, or spell right onto the Action Tab of a character sheet (inside a Spell or Focus Tab). As an Example, I'll show what can be done for a Champion (Dwarven Paladin).

I highlighted a few sections. It's always important to remember to update the CL field to indicate what level the character is at. Many powers and spells improve in strength as a character advances. Keeping those fields update will insure the action tab has accurate powers. The bottom right is where you can add that new spell tab (or focus... or weapons for that matter) or you can simply right click on an empty area of the Actions Tab to bring up the radial dial where a Add Spell Class is also available. I highlighted where the tab can be named (in this case, I called it Abilities and Features) as well as the level field where you will be placing your powers. I used Cantrips as they have no limitation on use. If there are powers that have limited uses, I would use the other level fields where I can set a number that will indicate how often they can be used. It should be noted that the Mode (currently standard) will often need to be changed to Preparation to ensure the powers have been "activated/selected" for use.

To the right, I also have the Spell Tab open... currently, just to (all) where everything can be found. At this point, the search box would be one way to find powers you want to add to the character's actions tab, but I am going to change this to (SR) Champion and go right into that class to get abilities I want to have on this action tab for this new champion. As a Champion of the Paladin Cause, this character will start with Retribution Strike and as a feat, I chose Ranged Reprisal - both of which I would like to see on the Actions Tab.

I highlighted a few things here. First, I changed the Group in the Spells Tab to Champion. This listed all the available Champion Features I added to the Spells Tab. Second, I showed where you would take the little FG buttons from the Spells Tab and Drag-n-Drop them over to the Level 0 power bar of the Abilities and Features listing on the character sheet. This then populates the spell tab with the two new abilities. Those two new abilities are now on the character sheet with the appropriate information.

I removed the unneeded empty cast tab from Ranged Reprisal and hit the little magnifying glass to expand spell actions to see what was in there. Had the champion been a Liberator or Redeemer or chosen a different feat, the applicable powers would have been there to add instead.

Note on Retributive Strike - You might wonder... heal? It's not a heal power. True. The reason I added that is because (often) players forget they wanted to use it initially, so damage gets applied before the RESIST field can be added to the target... or as a GM, I simply apply damage too quickly so the window for using RESIST: 2 [LVL] all has passed. This basically allows the GM to "remove" the damage by healing it. Otherwise, the RESIST effect can be added to the target before damage is applied and it will be adjusted accordingly.

Note on Ranged Reprisal - You might wonder... Shade! Why bother adding this? It doesn't have any actions or effects that need to be applied? The simple reason here is that it's an important power for this character and since my players (at least) often keep their action tab open (especially during encounters), I deemed it as a feature worth reminding players that they had. Seeing it there (and being able to read its application easily) has been beneficial in game play.

After that, I would clean up the names: there's no real reason to keep in the (Champion L #) text as it is just there as a way to indicate which class it's for and at what level is it attained, formatted so that it sorts well.

About Spells:

The reason I have added the new (SR) Spells group is because the parsing and even some of the previous attempts to have it all there and accurate has run into some difficulties or errors (mine included). I am carefully going through them individually to ensure they can be dragged and dropped from the Spells Tab to expand as accurately as possible. Right now, I have gone through all the Cantrips with their Heightened Strengths. I'll continue with 1st level spells next.

For this reason, eventually, Master Caster will become irrelevant. The Spells Tab will have all spells in there eventually, updated and as accurate as possible.

About Creature Powers:

The Master Creature is close to being irrelevant already. I have added a new Spell Tab group called (SR) Abilities and Powers. Along with some useful stuff (this will continue to expand) for player use, there are entries with the prefix of (Beast). These are drag-and-drop powers that can be added to NPCs/Bestiary Entries on their Spells Tab much like we do with characters. For creatures in game already from my (SR) Bestiary module, these should already be included. But for new creatures or ones from sources that don't include these powers on the creature's sheet, they can be added directly from the Spell Tab.

Finally....
    As always, I couldn't do this without all the input and encouragement from everyone involved with Fantasy Grounds and the community therein. Please keep making suggestions, pointing out errors or missing features, and letting me know how it's going in this.

Enjoy!
    SR
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; November 5th, 2019 at 15:22.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Just oned word... WOW!!!

No seriously, this is some amzing work here. Really shows how dedicated you are to your group, and the community. Thanks so much for doing this, it helps me tremendously as a GM/DM.
    Fantasy Grounds Official Discord Server
    [ULTIMATE LICENSE HOLDER]
    [FGU BACKER]

Yes, 1 million cheers for ShadeRaven. I am new to FG and thought it did all this stuff already. Your MOD has made the combat portion of the game flow much smoother. Again, thanks for all your hard work.

Thread Information