DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 24 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Dragging a spell from the core rules to the shortcut only opens its description, though. So it's only of limited use.

I suspect that most of the time spells actions are dragged from the character sheet to a shortcut key, which then does not automatically update when the character sheet is changed (either manually or just dragging a spell to a different level). The character sheet in turn does not update when a spell action is changed in the SR Spells module. So this is something to look out for.

Especially with CL/spell level based actions I wished that the shortcuts would update to reflect the character sheet.
    Last edited by Weissrolf; August 4th, 2020 at 10:19.

Yeah. The Function Hot-keys are terrific for things directly tied to the character sheet like skill checks, initiative, saves, etc., along with some oft-used conditions and/or modifier values. However, for spells (and actions), it doesn't offer the same active connection but is more a pseudo-snapshot of what they are at the time of the drag.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Just a small thing.
    My champion pc has Lay on Hands as a focus spell and you have the amount healed (or damage for undead) as amount x spell level. As focus spells don't have spell levels perhaps it should be CL instead?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Just a small thing.
    My champion pc has Lay on Hands as a focus spell and you have the amount healed (or damage for undead) as amount x spell level. As focus spells don't have spell levels perhaps it should be CL instead?
    Hey Farnaby. Yeah. It should be [Odd CLs] instead as it will heighten with each odd level similar to cantrips. Good catch
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Questions about your rogue surprise and sneak attacks.
    2020-08-19 16_16_29-Window.png

a) I take it both statements to apply flat-footed are meant to be applied with SHIFT?

b) Why is flat-footed not capitalised in the IFT statement but in the other 2?

c) Why is the sneak attack 2nd action only for one roll? Why do we need it anyway?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

I imagine the one-action flat-footed is for the convenience of rogues who like to feint, hide and snipe, or other methods of setting up single sneak attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Questions about your rogue surprise and sneak attacks.
    2020-08-19 16_16_29-Window.png

a) I take it both statements to apply flat-footed are meant to be applied with SHIFT?

b) Why is flat-footed not capitalised in the IFT statement but in the other 2?

c) Why is the sneak attack 2nd action only for one roll? Why do we need it anyway?
    Hey Farnaby, I'll see if I can explain each - which really means, I'll see if I can remember what I was doing when I created that

re: a) SHIFT is not needed for Sneak Attack because it's a one-action application, although for anyone comfortable with using Shift to apply flat-footed for things like flanking, you could change the tag to apply flat-footed for a round and have it work on all actions. I included a sub-window within each that explains how to use SHIFT to apply flat-footed that only applies vs specific creatures. For Surprise Attack, yeah... SHIFT makes that work so that others don't get to take advantage of the condition. I suppose adding a little reminder note to the Effect would help make that clearer.

re: b) For absolutely no reason. Both work equally well.

re: c) So this goes back to a). I am pretty sure when I first jumped into making this drag-n-drop module, either the SHIFT feature for targeting hadn't been implemented yet or I was unware of it. So there was a lot of things I initially started out applying effects for only 1 action, because I didn't want to leave it active afterwards.

The truth of the matter is that my focused shifted to some high-priority projects and there are areas of the Drag-n-Drop that could use some refinement. I catch some of it when possible (such as the new Spell Level feature), but Trenloe seems to be bent on improving this Ruleset all the time, which is darn inconvenient when it comes to keeping up with some of my earlier projects.

If I ever get the free time, I'd love to clean up some loose ends in this module Until then, tweak out things like this so it works more cleanly for you. Hopefully, the basis everyone gets to start with takes care of most of the work.

Enjoy!

PS: Full disclosure - secretly, I am looking forward to the time when the ruleset itself takes care of all this and I don't have to worry about these modules at all! Until then, though, I am happy to keep tweaking and adjusting where needed.

Thanks for the reply and all your hard work!

Smokes!!! This is the best mod ever <3

Where does one find the download link for these All-in-One Character sheets? I have tried searching on the forums and google but I am not finding a link to download them.

Thread Information