STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 24 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Unfortunately this still leaves me with no way to exclude fixed (splash) damage from Inspire Courage, which is a nuisance for the Alchemist player.
    No automatic way currently, yes. But not "no way" at all. There are plenty of ways to do this: the GM can toggle the Inspire Courage effect off for the alchemist PC in question if they are using splash damage. The PC could put an offsetting modifier in the modifier stack before applying fixed damage, the PC could apply an offsetting one-action effect before applying fixed damage, etc., etc..

I'll look into a way to differentiate damage rolls from fixed damage in the DMG effect when I work on updates to the damage subsystem, probably in a couple of months. In the meantime, like with the many things that aren't covered by automation, or are outside of the current scope of the ruleset, use manual ways to work around it.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I set up a "Burn it!" effect for the PC to use when he throws fire bombs, this deals with any combination of Inspire Courage being active or not. Curiously this also applies to fixed damage, but the "One Action/Roll" effect does *not* wear off when fixed damage is applied. So FG does differentiate rolls from non rolls already, just the effect itself does not. I assume that FG not removing the effect on fixed damage could be called a bug for the "One Action" kind of effect, though. Even more so, since FG keeps applying the effect forever until the first roll is made, despite it being "One Action/Roll".

Additionally we set up an F-key shortcut to a -1 modifier for when he applies splash-damage while being under the "Inspire Courage" effect. Of course he tends to forget having to use that button every now and then.

The player now also adds the splash damage to the main target as modifier to the damage roll, because only then are resistances/weaknesses applied correctly (one resistance to the sum of roll and splash). Thinking of it, we should just add the main target splash damage as permanent bonus damage to the roll. So I will change the drag n drop actions for bomb main target damage rolls accordingly now. An Alchemist's Fire will deal "1D8+splash" then instead of just "1D8".
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 17th, 2020 at 20:54.

Version 14.1 released (see first page, first post)
    • Update to Spells to reflect those that can take advantage of the Spell Level feature.
    • Added Animal Companions Bestiary Entries. This includes any Automation that is appropriate.
    • Adjustment to Alchemical Bombs with Splash to include the splash with the initial target (thanks Weissrolf for pointing out the usefulness of this).
    • Fixed Entries that had been adjusted by the Errata.

About Spells: The ones that can take advantage of the new Spell Level feature are damage and healing spells, but not all of them. So while you might see a single entry for Fireball that can now be dragged to the Level 3 slot and do 6d6 fire or the Level 4 slot where it will do 8d6 instead, not every damage spell with heightening can take advantage of this. That said, Trenloe is always making improvements and a day will come when this will change! Still, it's GREAT having things like Chain Lightning, Heal, and Shadow Blast needing only single entries now, with more to come.

Animal Companions: So I want to go a little into the Animal Companions Bestiary Entries. This is a little tricky since it requires adjusting by hand when they level with the character (unlike the included Character Sheet versions). That said, sometimes all those open character sheets is a hassle so I really like having this option available. For those who haven't tried using a Combat Tracker version of an NPC released to player use, it's quite handy! Simply take that characters red-square symbol from the CT and drop it on a character image in the upper left hand of FG (where you see players logged in) and that CT Creature is now usable by players. So to use these companions, simply drag one to the CT, set it to friendly (presumably) and share it with the player who's employing one.

Here's what you'll see within the Bestiary Tab of this module:

There's a lot of moving parts for these animal companions, but I tried to cover it all and give details on what needs to be changed when they level up, go to mature, and perhaps even later become Nimble or Savage. I did not, however, include the Specialized Animal Companions abilities as there are quite a few that are selected individually but up to 3 total and come later in the character's levels. Hopefully, everything is there to understand how to make the adjustments to the Companions if/when the time comes to add a specialization.

If I errored, though, in any of the details, please let me know.

Beyond that, enjoy!

PS: I did not update the Unity Version yet. Want to confirm that there's no need to differentiate between the two. Have people been using the regular version in Unity or has it been necessary to have a separate unity version? If it's not necessary, I will just delete the unity version and let everyone use (SR) Drag_N_Drop for both. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ShadeRaven; July 26th, 2020 at 10:19.
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Great work, thanks a lot!

- wrong thread -
    Last edited by Weissrolf; July 26th, 2020 at 12:17.

mmm downloaded new "Drag n Drop" still seems to be the old one?

What the update only for FGU? (Im still using FGC)?

Is there a place where the module says what version it is?
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    mmm downloaded new "Drag n Drop" still seems to be the old one?

What the update only for FGU? (Im still using FGC)?

Is there a place where the module says what version it is?
    If you got the (SR)Drag_n_Drop, that is the new one. Beyond that, this was the update for Classic (FGC) that I am hoping will also be usable in Unity. Not sure why you wouldn't be getting the new features, etc.

Has anyone else run into this with Classic?
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Nope, downloaded the new module over the old one. Tested with "Heal" spell. Minor inconvenience when dragging spells from a lower to a higher level on action tab (number of cast/day get mixed up), but that's more a PFRPG2 thing.

Our healer is using "Healing hands" (d10 instead of d8), so I changed the action accordingly and it works as expected when the spell is moved between spell levels.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    If you got the (SR)Drag_n_Drop, that is the new one. Beyond that, this was the update for Classic (FGC) that I am hoping will also be usable in Unity. Not sure why you wouldn't be getting the new features, etc.

Has anyone else run into this with Classic?
    Wait, so if I am using Unity, I should add (SR)Drag_n_Drop now instead of (SR-U)Drag_n_Drop?

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Version 14.1 released (see first page, first post)
    PS: I did not update the Unity Version yet. Want to confirm that there's no need to differentiate between the two. Have people been using the regular version in Unity or has it been necessary to have a separate unity version? If it's not necessary, I will just delete the unity version and let everyone use (SR) Drag_N_Drop for both. Thanks!
    I can't claim extensive testing, but the regular version is working fine for my purposes in Unity.

Thread Information