Page 10 of 10 First ... 8910
    There is the "advance 10 minutes" menu item that I use all the time when my players are refocusing, searching, and treating wounds. If there is a spell with a duration of 1 hour, like Heroism or Walk on Water, it is important to track when it runs out.

One point I have is that if you are not going to support those time increments, why are they in the menu? If you try to use them, it just sets the duration to 0 and the effect never goes away, which is obviously not what the user expected.

Quote Originally Posted by rickyhunt View Post
    There is the "advance 10 minutes" menu item that I use all the time when my players are refocusing, searching, and treating wounds. If there is a spell with a duration of 1 hour, like Heroism or Walk on Water, it is important to track when it runs out.

One point I have is that if you are not going to support those time increments, why are they in the menu? If you try to use them, it just sets the duration to 0 and the effect never goes away, which is obviously not what the user expected.
    Yes, you're right, but I was more thinking about effects with a duration of several hours or days (EDIT: not sure about PF2's typical durations but this duration thing is coded on the level of CoreRPG I think such that it got coded in such a way that it supports several systems)

Your point is correct though, I use these informations personally just as an information in the character sheet such that one knows how long somethings lasts without the need to open the spell description
    Last edited by Kelrugem; February 24th, 2020 at 12:46.

Thread Information