FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: FG Con 15

Same limit as usual. 6 players per session (or less if GM says) and see if you're eligible for the scenario.

I'll likely be saving 1-06 and 1-07 for FGCon, and probably do a special. PFS2 if possible or PFS1 otherwise.

Cool. Sounds like it will be a fun weekend. Might just be my first FG-con.

I can offer one slot either 1-01 The Absalom Initiation or 1-02 the Mosquito witch. (created modules for each, which I might be able to provide, don't know the regularities regarding that). I have not entered it, since damned asked for us to wait for now.

i might be able to run the Sandstone quest in a slot or two perhaps combined with a character building session

Hey guys, we've finally got the website working - that was a major mission.

As we're 5 weeks away from the original dates, we're thinking of pushing the dates back for this year only to November 8th-10th. I know this is one week before Aethercon, I don't know how much cross over we get (people playing in both) but we've never really had any overlap between the two.

Would that cause any major issues?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I don't have any issues with pushing the dates back. That gives us more time to actually get the necessary number of tables.
    "The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
    - Abraham Lincoln

83 % of made-up statistics use the number "83 %".

For best results, don't fail.

Just as a general note in regards to boons, PF2 doesn’t actually have boon support like PF1 or SFS. Instead, if a con meets the requirements then the players and GMs earn extra AcP (Achievement Points) which is the currency used to ‘buy’ boons for your characters on Paizos website, essentially everyone can access all boons now, which is a lot fairer, you just earn the points for them faster at cons. It’s currently live for points earned during the play test and will go live for regular PF2 Society games soon.
    Last edited by Stunt Monkey; September 6th, 2019 at 17:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkavian_Andi View Post
    I don't have any issues with pushing the dates back. That gives us more time to actually get the necessary number of tables.
    Great! We've confirmed the dates as Friday November 8th, to Sunday November 10th. We have a couple of updates to make to the FG Con website (some graphics have the old dates), but it's ready for GM event submission. We've set the player event registration to open 4 weeks before the con starts, opening on Friday October 11th.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I would be interested in running a game. I am still really new to Fantasy Grounds and I only have the standard license. Will that be a problem? What would I need to buy to be able to run a game? I've been been considering buying the PF2 ruleset but I buy all my books from my local shop and not directly from Piazo. It's more expensive at my local store because of all the taxes but I've gotta support the local guy or there won't be a hobby in my area.
    Last edited by JadeKraken; September 6th, 2019 at 21:37.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    I would be interested in running a game. I am still really new to Fantasy Grounds and I only have the standard license. Will that be a problem?
    During FG Con standard licenses are upgraded by SmiteWorks to Ultimate licenses - so you'll be able to run for anyone, including players with a free/demo license, with your standard license.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeKraken View Post
    What would I need to buy to be able to run a game? I've been been considering buying the PF2 ruleset but I buy all my books from my local shop and not directly from Piazo. It's more expensive at my local store because of all the taxes but I've gotta support the local guy or there won't be a hobby in my area.
    You get the PFRPG2 ruleset for free. It's the DLC that is an optional purchase. But, to be honest, I wouldn't really consider running a game without the Core Rules - because you get so much more functionality than just reading the rules. But, in theory, you can use some of the pregens made already and enter all the other data manually - plus there's a community bestiary.

Thread Information