1. #1

    WIP: Science Fiction Map

    Hello folks, been a while since I was about. Thought I would post a work in progress map of something I am working on for a new Starfinder Adventure Module. Got a few more rooms and extra bits to add but here is a sneak peek of a science fiction map. Info on the adventure soon....


    Tailz Silver Paws
    Follow Tailz on Twitter, Facebook, DriveThruRPG.com, and Studio WyldFurr.
    "You can now watch me building maps and other fantasy gaming art on Twitch"

  2. #2
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    8,411
    Blog Entries
    9
    That's cool looking, thanks for sharing and glad to see you about

    Of course I have to ask, will you be doing a top down view as well since FG doesn't do isometric so well?

    I do like how you've ghosted (made transparent) some of the wall sections so we can see the floor beyond them. I haven't seen that done before and but was easy to figure out what was going on as I looked at it. Nice job with that

    Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    That's cool looking, thanks for sharing and glad to see you about

    Of course I have to ask, will you be doing a top down view as well since FG doesn't do isometric so well?

    I do like how you've ghosted (made transparent) some of the wall sections so we can see the floor beyond them. I haven't seen that done before and but was easy to figure out what was going on as I looked at it. Nice job with that
    I am kinda keen to keep the map style like this as I am doing something totally different to standard top down maps. I am even planning character tokens to match this style and might even to a set of map tiles in this style as well. But for the moment I am planning some adventure modules and a campaign world for Starfinder.
    Tailz Silver Paws
    Follow Tailz on Twitter, Facebook, DriveThruRPG.com, and Studio WyldFurr.
    "You can now watch me building maps and other fantasy gaming art on Twitch"

  4. #4
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    8,411
    Blog Entries
    9
    FYI, I think FGU has the ability to support isometric grids. So you timing might just be fine or we might just have to be a little patient before we have grid support (no reason you can't use a map with tokens and no grid support).

    Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia Beach
    Posts
    3,055
    I doubt it is coincidence. Someone had to do the first isometric module for FGU. I have no inside knowledge though.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    FYI, I think FGU has the ability to support isometric grids. So you timing might just be fine or we might just have to be a little patient before we have grid support (no reason you can't use a map with tokens and no grid support).
    Would be curious to see how it supports such. But I was just suspecting people would just disable the grid.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I doubt it is coincidence.
    Are you suggesting, a conspiracy?
    Tailz Silver Paws
    Follow Tailz on Twitter, Facebook, DriveThruRPG.com, and Studio WyldFurr.
    "You can now watch me building maps and other fantasy gaming art on Twitch"

  7. #7
    LordEntrails's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    GMT -7
    Posts
    8,411
    Blog Entries
    9
    I don't think any of us would be disappointed if it was a conspiracy

    Current Projects: Ultimate Undermountain (NYDUM)
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets
    DMsGuild Content: Balance Disturbed (Adventure), Dungeon Room Descriptions
    FG Product Reviews: Virtual Scribe Reviews

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    I don't think any of us would be disappointed if it was a conspiracy
    Perhaps if a certain person in charge is lurking and reading this, we could organise a conspiracy to create isometric maps for FGU. But since I am more than likely going to do so anyway... no need.... or is there? Doug, call me?
    Tailz Silver Paws
    Follow Tailz on Twitter, Facebook, DriveThruRPG.com, and Studio WyldFurr.
    "You can now watch me building maps and other fantasy gaming art on Twitch"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in