5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

From Classic To Unity

Hi everyone,

I have only recently invested in Fantasy Grounds (needless to say, it is the best VTT). But I have today only found out about Unity.

So the question would be: do my FGC Ultimate license and 5e modules carry over FGU?

Thanks!

The modules yes, the license no (though FGC - Fantasy Grounds Classic - will probably still be supported for some period of time).

See e.g. here and here.

I bought the Ultimate License three days ago and now I've read this. I'm very angry that I bought the soon outdated license and will soon be able to buy the new one. I will try to undo the purchase and if that shouldn't be possible, it was my last purchase...

No worries, there is a 30-day refund guarantee And there may (or may not) be a discount for an upgrade to the unity license as in the Kickstarter (so far no price table yet). Many people also suggest using the subscription for ultimate instead until Unity comes out (but maybe then no discount when there is some for lifetime license holders of the classic version)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighnus View Post
    I bought the Ultimate License three days ago and now I've read this. I'm very angry that I bought the soon outdated license and will soon be able to buy the new one. I will try to undo the purchase and if that shouldn't be possible, it was my last purchase...
    As mentioned, their is a 30 day refund policy.

But instead ask yourself this, what are you going to do between now and the as yet unannounced release date of FGU? (Yes we expect FGU to be released in December, but that is only a target date.) FGC will continue to work for many months or several years after FGU is released.

It is likely that people who have bought FGC will get a discount on FGU, and the more recent you have bought, the larger the discount. But we can only assume that since pricing has not been announced and that is how pricing was handled on the FGU Kickstarter.

Know that any DLC/content you buy for FGC will work for FGU. It is only the licenses that are not interchangeable.

Also, if you wish to use FGC now, but not pay for a one-time lump sum license that you think will soon be outdated, you can always subscribe to a FGC license and pay a monthly fee instead.

Finally, think to yourself, do you get angry when you go to the store and buy something only to learn the next time you are at the store that their is a newer model of the same thing? Does the store give you a discount because you bought the previous model only last week? No, they (usually) don't. But you can expect a discount for FGU.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Doug already stated that FGC isn't going to instantly go away just when FGU comes out. I've only been a customer of Smiteworks for a year (but I've spend hundreds in that year! LOL) - I enjoy their product immensely and as such I've read articles, watched youtube vids...I've never seen them NOT be as fair as possible to their customers.

They really seem to actually care about their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighnus View Post
    Return it and pay $10/mo until Unity comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    No worries, there is a 30-day refund guarantee
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    As mentioned, their is a 30 day refund policy.
    I bought the license from Steam. Steam does not take back the license. I also pointed out the 30 day money back guarantee, but it was simply ignored. What can I do now?
    Last edited by Mighnus; August 27th, 2019 at 16:16.

Thread Information